The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 Subsidary Year 12 (Please Help)

If im doing 2 BTECS (IT AND SCIENCE), which are Level 3 Subsidiaries does this mean at the end of year 12 i will have four grades?

My realistic targets are to get all distinctions, so will my results sheet be like this at the end of year 12: -

BTEC IT = D D
BTEC Science = D D

This will total 420 UCAS points (If im correct :confused:) ?

(P.S Im doing the National Certificate at the moment, when im in year 13 i will be doing the National Diploma I'f im correct? AND i do 6 units of IT in year 12 and 13 and for Science i do 6 units in year 12 and 7 units in year 13)
:smile:

Thanks, i await replies
Reply 1
Why aim for Distinction when you could get a Distinction*? :tongue:
Assuming that for year 12, you are taking 6 units for IT, and another 6 units for science, then you will get 2 grades. The highest you could achieve would be D* D*, or 280 UCAS points.
If in year 13, you take another 6 units for each subject (this may vary depending on how many credits your units are worth), then you would get an additional 2 grades. Then the highest you could achieve overall would be D* D* D* D*, or 560 UCAS points.
Reply 2
Subsidiary = 1 grade (6 units)
Diploma = 2 grades (12 units)
Extended = 3 grades (18 units)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by spanker
Subsidiary = 1 grade (6 units)
Diploma = 2 grades (12 units)
Extended = 3 grades (18 units)

So this means il get the diploma right? Because im doing 2 BTECS science and IT which both consists of 6 units in year 12 and year 13. The 2 BTECs in year 12 would make up 12 units so diploma right? or is it subsidiary in year 12 then it progresses to diploma in year 13? :confused: It must be diploma because look at samsama's reply to this post .
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by samsama
Why aim for Distinction when you could get a Distinction*? :tongue:
Assuming that for year 12, you are taking 6 units for IT, and another 6 units for science, then you will get 2 grades. The highest you could achieve would be D* D*, or 280 UCAS points.
If in year 13, you take another 6 units for each subject (this may vary depending on how many credits your units are worth), then you would get an additional 2 grades. Then the highest you could achieve overall would be D* D* D* D*, or 560 UCAS points.

Thanks allot bro for your reply. It just BTECS can be confusing when you're new to them haha.
Reply 5
Original post by Deeboss
So this means il get the diploma right? Because im doing 2 BTECS science and IT which both consists of 6 units in year 12 and year 13. The 2 BTECs in year 12 would make up 12 units so diploma right? or is it subsidiary in year 12 then it progresses to diploma in year 13? :confused: It must be diploma because look at samsama's reply to this post .

First year you will get 2 subsidiaries, one in each subject.
Second year if you do another 6 units in each subject you will get 2 diplomas, one in each subject.
Reply 6
Original post by spanker
First year you will get 2 subsidiaries, one in each subject.
Second year if you do another 6 units in each subject you will get 2 diplomas, one in each subject.

Ok thanks you im more clear on this now. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending