The Student Room Group

I have never won anything.

I was never the fastest runner in school

Or the smartest even though I got 3 A*s at A-level and 5 A*s at GCSE there was always someone else who got more A*s or higher UMS.

I don't have a talent

I don't have any trophies or prizes on the mantle at home.

I'm not special.

:cry:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nick Parsons

Or the smartest even though I got 3 A*s at A-level and 5 A*s at GCSE there was always someone else who got more A*s or higher UMS.

I don't have a talent

I'm not special.

:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
No one is more "special" than anyone else. We're all equally worthless in my eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I remember this quote in fresh prince of bel air.

"no matter how good you are at something, there are always 1M people better than you"

I agree with the statement tbh.
Reply 5
Original post by كفر
No one is more "special" than anyone else. We're all equally worthless in my eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're wrong.

We are not all equal. Some people are just better. They can run faster, they can run farther, they can remember more, they can understand concepts easier and much quicker, they are always first, they are always there to make you feel worthless.

We are not all winners. Only a few winners and a lot of losers.
You do not have to be first to be good, the truth is there is always someone better whatever you do. But remember this just by getting 3A*s at A-level you are in the top 5% of population, I assume you are now in uni and by your grades you are probably somewhere good so you are in a top% there also. I used to be like you, you probably have loads of things to your name but don't realise it. Did you find writing your personal statement quite difficult?
You won the sperm race

I don't have a talent

I'm not special.

I just made an awesome competition:cool:
You won:biggrin:
Yaaaay you won something *fanfare*:king1:

Congratulations, you will receive your certificate of awesomenessness in 10 years :kiss::mmm:
Reply 9
Original post by Mathlover123
You do not have to be first to be good, the truth is there is always someone better whatever you do. But remember this just by getting 3A*s at A-level you are in the top 5% of population, I assume you are now in uni and by your grades you are probably somewhere good so you are in a top% there also. I used to be like you, you probably have loads of things to your name but don't realise it. Did you find writing your personal statement quite difficult?

No. Because I had a lot of work experience and I did a lot of gibbering which I'm good at.

Thanks for the kind words.

Original post by femalebosszee
I just made an awesome competition:cool:
You won:biggrin:
Yaaaay you won something *fanfare*:king1:

Congratulations, you will receive your certificate of awesomenessness in 10 years :kiss::mmm:

:smile:

Yay.

/Bow

:frown:
No. Because I had a lot of work experience and I did a lot of gibbering which I'm good at.

Thanks for the kind words.

:smile:

Yay.

/Bow

:frown:

You don't have to 'win' something to be somebody or to be successful, winning just gets you praise from others for a short period of time, being successful is something people will admire and be envious of for a long time, you're a bright person, there might be loads of people wishing they were in your position, you'd be surprised, you have your whole life to achieve something, and you're just looking at the negatives, you may have plenty of great 'talents' that you don't know are even talents, I don't know you personally but you may have loads of knowledge on a specific movie, you may be awesome at drawing, you might have wicked reflexes, there's loads of little things that make you different to other people and make you who you are, there are loads of things about you that no one else in this whole world has which in a sense is winning, i mean who else would you find in the world with that specific thing or talent? So don't worry, one day you will be successful, and one word of advice, do it for yourself, and not the temporary admiration of others, because the most important person in your life is you, no one's going to love and care for you more than yourself, if you were hanging of a cliff and your best friend was too, who would save you? Yourself, because your instinct is not to die, yeah you'll help your friend after but your first instinct is to save you, because you are the most important person to you so you do whatever makes you happy and just know that you are important and 'winning' does not define that.
My question is, why preach all this self acceptance ****e if at the end if the day women are going to seek the best (hot fit smart funny pooular rich talented successful etc.) and not acknowledge your existence if you are second best?

Fuarking social darwinism
3A*s at A level???? lol I'll buy them of you for 20 medals man!
I know what it feels like, whenever I look at myself in the mirror I point and think 'why cant I be good as that guy - he's almost perfect'.
Back in school I got straight A's and was told that they would be important for my futures, and the grades I got at GCSE would always remain relevant whether I was Prime Minister or Dustbin Man.

Back in sixth form, my tutor told me I was in the top 5% academically gifted students in the country (in terms of scoring 100% UMS scores in multiple exams).

Well now I work in Tesco:colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mathlover123
But remember this just by getting 3A*s at A-level you are in the top 5% of population...

More like 2% or 1%...
Reply 16
Original post by young akhi
3A*s at A level???? lol I'll buy them of you for 20 medals man!

Probably in Sociology or Drama or something like that...
Original post by Gax
Probably in Sociology or Drama or something like that...

I'll become a therapist for that A* lol
Everyone has talent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by femalebosszee
You don't have to 'win' something to be somebody or to be successful, winning just gets you praise from others for a short period of time, being successful is something people will admire and be envious of for a long time, you're a bright person, there might be loads of people wishing they were in your position, you'd be surprised, you have your whole life to achieve something, and you're just looking at the negatives, you may have plenty of great 'talents' that you don't know are even talents, I don't know you personally but you may have loads of knowledge on a specific movie, you may be awesome at drawing, you might have wicked reflexes, there's loads of little things that make you different to other people and make you who you are, there are loads of things about you that no one else in this whole world has which in a sense is winning, i mean who else would you find in the world with that specific thing or talent? So don't worry, one day you will be successful, and one word of advice, do it for yourself, and not the temporary admiration of others, because the most important person in your life is you, no one's going to love and care for you more than yourself, if you were hanging of a cliff and your best friend was too, who would save you? Yourself, because your instinct is not to die, yeah you'll help your friend after but your first instinct is to save you, because you are the most important person to you so you do whatever makes you happy and just know that you are important and 'winning' does not define that.
Boy, that was so deep even Adele can't roll in it...

Quick Reply

Latest