The Student Room Group

HR Graduate Schemed Based in Birmingham

I am looking for a HR graduate scheme that is based in Birmingham ideally. Having some trouble finding any that are based in Birmingham, most are London! Any suggestions?
Are you able to travel slightly further afield than Birmingham? Jaguar Land Rover has a very good HR grad scheme (have friends doing it) and that is in Coventry.

There are some very big firms in Birmingham which also offer HR schemes e.g. accountancy firms like Deloitte, but I'm not sure if these are ones which ask you to move around every 6 months or so.

Also, completely NOT HR but if you're interested in doing recruitment there are some very big recruitment firms in Birmingham as well, e.g Michael Page in Brindley Place.
Original post by Duck and Cover
Are you able to travel slightly further afield than Birmingham? Jaguar Land Rover has a very good HR grad scheme (have friends doing it) and that is in Coventry.

There are some very big firms in Birmingham which also offer HR schemes e.g. accountancy firms like Deloitte, but I'm not sure if these are ones which ask you to move around every 6 months or so.

Also, completely NOT HR but if you're interested in doing recruitment there are some very big recruitment firms in Birmingham as well, e.g Michael Page in Brindley Place.

How tough was it for your friends to get in to the JLR scheme? Did they feel UNI prepped them for the grad scheme?
Original post by randomgeeza
How tough was it for your friends to get in to the JLR scheme? Did they feel UNI prepped them for the grad scheme?

This was a couple of years ago now, I think it was a relatively straightforward grad scheme process (i.e. online tests, assessment day), these were both people who were at Uni a year longer than I was so I didn't really speak with them about it at the time.

I don't think Uni gave them any specific prep for it but I think like a lot of grad scheme-focused people they got most of their info online.
Original post by Duck and Cover
This was a couple of years ago now, I think it was a relatively straightforward grad scheme process (i.e. online tests, assessment day), these were both people who were at Uni a year longer than I was so I didn't really speak with them about it at the time.

I don't think Uni gave them any specific prep for it but I think like a lot of grad scheme-focused people they got most of their info online.

Cool cool, I'm thinking of applying for the HR grad scheme as well. Going to get around to apply at some point this month.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest