The Student Room Group

How many A*s at A Level did you get?

Share. :cool:

Scroll to see replies

I'm not smart enough for many A* :frown: I cri every tiem
0 and only one A; I'm a dunce by this sites standards.
One, though just missed out on a second, but I'm very happy with my grades as I'm exactly where I want to be! :biggrin:
Original post by Asexual Demigod
Cambridge? :biggrin:

Yep :biggrin:
Original post by Paralove
One, though just missed out on a second, but I'm very happy with my grades as I'm exactly where I want to be! :biggrin:

How can you get to Cambridge with only one A*? Extenuating circumstances? :eyebrow:
*squeal* I'm so proud of you. :smile:

Aww thanks haha! I'm absolutely loving it. I think it's just being able to do a subject I really love, and the style of teaching is perfect - I'm doing MML, and I only have one lecture a week and then around ten hours of small classes/supervisions, of 2, 3, 4, 6 or 10 people.
Original post by Wissenschaft
How can you get to Cambridge with only one A*? Extenuating circumstances? :eyebrow:

Actually the standard offer for arts subjects is A*AA, and the science offer has increased to A*A*A only this year, for 2015 entry....
Original post by Wissenschaft

Don't be a b*tch.
only 1 A* but 3 A's as well so quite happy! And as above - doing just what I wanted to do and loving it.
Spread the Cambridge love. :smile: I had one to one supervisions! :wink:

Really?! Intense....
Don't be a b*tch.

I only meant that I thought Cambridge asked for 2 A*s. Save your righteous indignation for another thread.

Actually the standard offer for arts subjects is A*AA, and the science offer has increased to A*A*A only this year, for 2015 entry....

Thanks for clarifying
Original post by HeavisideDelts
Yeah but the standard of Arts students is such that they still have an average of about 2.5 A*...A*AA is merely the minimum requirements and within cambridge quite low grades (though theres nothing wrong with them). Your tripos performance is what is important now

Yet a grade difference doesn't necessarily mean that your peers are better/worse. Everyone here has completely different strengths and weaknesses, especially being taught by completely different people and systems prior to university, as can be said for anywhere and not just Cambridge.
Yet a grade difference doesn't necessarily mean that your peers are better/worse. Everyone here has completely different strengths and weaknesses, especially being taught by completely different people and systems prior to university, as can be said for anywhere and not just Cambridge.

I think the person is forgetting that Cambridge assess a candidate on more than just grades. They take into account interviews, entrance tests, AS UMS, GCSEs, etc.
got A*A*A*aa + A* in epq which i got 2 years early
Just the two. Maths and classical civilisation.
I think the person is forgetting that Cambridge assess a candidate on more than just grades. They take into account interviews, entrance tests, AS UMS, GCSEs, etc.

Exactly. It has been said that even if someone has the grades, if they don't think the style of teaching/course/environment is going to suit them at all, they'd be willing to reject for the sake of the student, which is fair enough. It's heavy going, and not everyone is going to suit that.
Share. :cool:

0 because the highest was an A at that point.
just 3 :frown: didn't revise 'til a week before exams i'm so dumb i cri evrytim

Quick Reply

Latest