The Student Room Group

I have never won anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multitalented me
Boy, that was so deep even Adele can't roll in it...

LOL
Original post by Gax
Probably in Sociology or Drama or something like that...

Chemistry bio and maths **** u
Reply 22
Original post by Nick Parsons
Chemistry bio and maths **** u

But what exam boards??
Original post by Gax
But what exam boards??

AQA for the science and OCR for maths.

**** U
Reply 24
AQA for the science and OCR for maths.

**** U

Well there you go...Frankly I'd be surprised if you got anything less than full marks in those easy-ass papers.
Original post by Gax
Well there you go...Frankly I'd be surprised if you got anything less than full marks in those easy-ass papers.

lol nice denial boo
Reply 26
lol nice denial boo

OK, bro :yy:
Original post by Gax
OK, bro :yy:

You're being ridiculous.

You came in a thread where I was looking for a bit support and maybe a tiny bit of validation and just basically took a big dump in it. I'm glad you're so brilliant and that peasants like me can't reach your amazing standard.
I was never the fastest runner in school

Or the smartest even though I got 3 A*s at A-level and 5 A*s at GCSE there was always someone else who got more A*s or higher UMS.

I don't have a talent

I don't have any trophies or prizes on the mantle at home.

I'm not special.

:cry:

It seems that you partly determine your success by comparing yourself to others, which I don't think is good because it feeds the aspect of competition etc. Your A level and GCSE grades are fantastic! You should be proud of those and not put yourself down by looking at how others are getting on. You've clearly accomplished something academic, which is great.
I havent won prizes or trophies either, but I don't see that as a reason to doubt myself. Just gotta look at it in a different way.
Original post by Asexual Demigod
More like 2% or 1%...

Its actually an official statistic from UCAS something like 5.8% does seem strangely high though.
Original post by Mathlover123
Its actually an official statistic from UCAS something like 5.8% does seem strangely high though.

Link please.
Original post by Asexual Demigod
Link please.

Okay not from UCAS but from the Department of education apprently dug this up from a previous thread.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a_level_a_results_for_england_fo#incoming-260890
Reply 32
Original post by Mathlover123
Okay not from UCAS but from the Department of education apprently dug this up from a previous thread.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a_level_a_results_for_england_fo#incoming-260890

That's 5,800 pupils out of how many sat examinations in the 2010/2011 cycle, not 5.8%. :facepalm:
I'd rather have your grades than win some egg and spoon race in primary school and I think majority of people would agree.
You will find the the greatest of people that the world remembers never won prizes, Einstein a college dropout, Malcolm X a former criminal, my personal inspiration - dont hate on it, Imran khan an academic, politician, and a sportsman, he was told at Oxford he would never make it as a cricketer yet hes classed as one of the best all rounders and is on the cricket hall of fame...
Never underestimate what one can do maybe you have something amazing lined up in the coming years, but you have to make it happen
I won a spelling bee when I was 11

#skillz
Original post by 786arslan
You will find the the greatest of people that the world remembers never won prizes, Einstein a college dropout, Malcolm X a former criminal, my personal inspiration - dont hate on it, Imran khan an academic, politician, and a sportsman, he was told at Oxford he would never make it as a cricketer yet hes classed as one of the best all rounders and is on the cricket hall of fame...
Never underestimate what one can do maybe you have something amazing lined up in the coming years, but you have to make it happen

U do realise that such stories are BS. They are only there to add some flavour to their biographies. Einstein probably led an ordinary life i.e not exceptional at school but by no means stupid. Just average.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Reply 39
So what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending