The Student Room Group

Its been a week since I've applied for a part time job at Aldi - had no reply

Hi, it's been a week since I've applied for a part time job at Aldi and no one has got back to me yet ... :confused: I spent quite a bit of time on my application and have got relevant experience also. Can anyone please tell me when I would expect to get a reply, if I am successful and would they let me know whether I am unsuccessful. :smile:
Original post by hassan88
Hi, it's been a week since I've applied for a part time job at Aldi and no one has got back to me yet ... :confused: I spent quite a bit of time on my application and have got relevant experience also. Can anyone please tell me when I would expect to get a reply, if I am successful and would they let me know whether I am unsuccessful. :smile:

Id give it slightly more time yet. Dont panic.

Did you apply online?
If so, it says online to that if you are going to hear you will hear within 2 weeks, so you still have time yet.
Reply 2
Hi Emma, yes I applied on the Aldi website. Someone had told me that they would let me know within the week which is why I was a anxious to know. So it's actually within two weeks? It's just a waiting game now really. Thanks for your help Emma :smile:
Reply 3
Aldi never reply or take forever in my experience. I applied again about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything at all, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm not going to give up hope yet considering it has only been one week today. However I did read somewhere whilst applying that they won't get back to anyone letting them know if they weren't successful. Like I said it's just a waiting game really :smile:
I'm not going to give up hope yet considering it has only been one week today. However I did read somewhere whilst applying that they won't get back to anyone letting them know if they weren't successful. Like I said it's just a waiting game really :smile:

Been a month and nothing for me :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by Substitution
Been a month and nothing for me :tongue:

Guess it's time to look elsewhere for a job. :rolleyes:
I did as well... That was three weeks ago. Just continue applying for other jobs. Aldi sometimes does not acknowledge to tell you whether or not you were successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guess it's time to look elsewhere for a job. :rolleyes:

Got an interview in M&S tomorrow morning :smile: Hopefully get it, more hours and they pay better too! Not that that's all I care about.. customer service and all that.. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by x-Venezia-x
I did as well... That was three weeks ago. Just continue applying for other jobs. Aldi sometimes does not acknowledge to tell you whether or not you were successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did read somewhere that if you weren't successful they wouldn't let you know due to the amount of applications they recieve.. Oh well I will continue looking elsewhere :smile:
Reply 10
Got an interview in M&S tomorrow morning :smile: Hopefully get it, more hours and they pay better too! Not that that's all I care about.. customer service and all that.. :smile:

That's great, good luck with that! Better pay is always a good thing :wink:. Try and stay calm and show that you're confident, but not too confident. When I had my interview at Boundary Mill I wasn't too overly professional, I was cracking jokes with the interviewer who turned out to be my manager. I got a call the next day telling me I got the job. I wouldn't advise it if you think that the interviewer looks strict:tongue: Let me know how it went!:smile:

Hello, I wish you happiness and wellbeing.

Just wondering, did you put anything in your CV that wasn't necessarily true? I have no experience in retail or anything like that and so the (40-50?) places I've applied to haven't even given me a reply and it's been a good 3 months. I've been told to lie on my CV to get work in retail.

I really need a job, do you know who has flexible timings and regularly accept students? For part time work that is
That's great, good luck with that! Better pay is always a good thing :wink:. Try and stay calm and show that you're confident, but not too confident. When I had my interview at Boundary Mill I wasn't too overly professional, I was cracking jokes with the interviewer who turned out to be my manager. I got a call the next day telling me I got the job. I wouldn't advise it if you think that the interviewer looks strict:tongue: Let me know how it went!:smile:

Thanks for the tips, I am one for cracking jokes etc so hopefully I get a nice interviewer but with it being Monday morning I'm not getting my hopes up!

Original post by GuanyinBuddha
Hello, I wish you happiness and wellbeing.

Just wondering, did you put anything in your CV that wasn't necessarily true? I have no experience in retail or anything like that and so the (40-50?) places I've applied to haven't even given me a reply and it's been a good 3 months. I've been told to lie on my CV to get work in retail.

I really need a job, do you know who has flexible timings and regularly accept students? For part time work that is

I can't say I did lie on my CV sorry.. a new supermarket was opening near me when I was 16 so I applied there and got some experience. I haven't had much luck with applications lately either we're talking 2 interviews in 30 applications and that's with experience! I think your best bet is to keep applying to everything that comes up at Christmas and I'm sure somebody will want you! Primark is usually good for taking on people with no experience if you have one of them near you :smile: Good luck!
I would say ring them up about it. Often it happens that although they haven't rang you up already, they may be doing so soon but haven't got around to doing it. So yeah call them and explain it. And ask to speak to the manager or connect to HR ... no one else
Thanks for the tips, I am one for cracking jokes etc so hopefully I get a nice interviewer but with it being Monday morning I'm not getting my hopes up!

I can't say I did lie on my CV sorry.. a new supermarket was opening near me when I was 16 so I applied there and got some experience. I haven't had much luck with applications lately either we're talking 2 interviews in 30 applications and that's with experience! I think your best bet is to keep applying to everything that comes up at Christmas and I'm sure somebody will want you! Primark is usually good for taking on people with no experience if you have one of them near you :smile: Good luck!

Thanks so much! Best of luck

I got the job!! Woooo! Thanks again for your tips :P
Reply 16
I got the job!! Woooo! Thanks again for your tips :P

Congrats happy for you!!! Glad to help!! :smile:
Hi, I went to the 2 hour store experience on Friday just gone, The guy told me they will get in touch, not heard nothing, I know it's only been 2 days but I got a feeling I won't hear back, I felt it went really well, the guy said everything was good on his side but no email or call yet. Am I right in thinking that after the 2 hour interview they usually take your uniform size!? They didn't ask me 🙁.... Anyone get offered a job more than 2 days later? Thanks guys 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending