help, i cant think of any ways to do revision

Watch
Autumndream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i need help with how to revise, i know some people say it is too early to revise but i am so that i am fully prepared, however i dont quiet know how to revise each subject. I am doing: Maths, English, Triple science, Geography, Media studies, Music and French. does anyone have any revision techniques i could try to use for each subject? I understand that some techniques work better for others.
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Use the BBC bitesize website. Listen to the podcasts, do the activities, do the tests.

Closer to exam season, go through past papers in your subjects and mark them using the mark scheme - take note of what specifically gives you marks (is it a certain word, is it explaining further, etc.)

For essay-based exams you just need to practice time management. Make the most of BBC bitesize and time yourself on your essays.
Oscar Goldsmith
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Autumndream)
i need help with how to revise, i know some people say it is too early to revise but i am so that i am fully prepared, however i dont quiet know how to revise each subject. I am doing: Maths, English, Triple science, Geography, Media studies, Music and French. does anyone have any revision techniques i could try to use for each subject? I understand that some techniques work better for others.
I would honestly suggest that you don't "revise", just yet, however definitely do work hard on understanding the topics covered and perhaps look at topics to come. If you actually understand your subjects then the revision process doesn't take up much time as it will simply be a refresher of stuff you already know. As people have said, do past papers. There is nothing better to do than to be able to master the exam questions and don't worry about timing for the time being, as you should find that you become quicker at answering the questions, so timing issues will solve themselves.

Autumndream
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oscar Goldsmith)
I would honestly suggest that you don't "revise", just yet, however definitely do work hard on understanding the topics covered and perhaps look at topics to come. If you actually understand your subjects then the revision process doesn't take up much time as it will simply be a refresher of stuff you already know. As people have said, do past papers. There is nothing better to do than to be able to master the exam questions and don't worry about timing for the time being, as you should find that you become quicker at answering the questions, so timing issues will solve themselves.
Thanks for the advise, i have started on past papers now
Autumndream
Rep:
?
(Original post by suirrel)
Use the BBC bitesize website. Listen to the podcasts, do the activities, do the tests.

Closer to exam season, go through past papers in your subjects and mark them using the mark scheme - take note of what specifically gives you marks (is it a certain word, is it explaining further, etc.)

For essay-based exams you just need to practice time management. Make the most of BBC bitesize and time yourself on your essays.
Thank you for the advise i think i will try that key word thing, and try to use BBC bitesize a bit more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.46%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (39)
14.34%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.04%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.28%

Watched Threads