The Student Room Group

first Christmas alone

If me and my ex ever had issues we'd always try and make Christmas the time to reconcile things. Last year was my first Christmas without my grandfather. He was angry with me when my car was in the garage and so I had to find a way over there he didn't know trains didn't run on Christmas so was angry with me I felt like I shouldn't turn up but I did anyway I left my family to go and give him presents he apologized later but still it hurt that he didn't appreciate the fact I'd gone there for him was trying so hard to get there and to get home I had to xall someone who couldn't collect me for a whole two hours and instead of inviting me in to wait to be collected he made me sit outside in the cold for two hours waiting for a lift home. At least I had the snow globe he got me with a picture of us to keep warm happy thoughts. Anyway unless he talks to me before Christmas this will be my first year without him. My grandma wants to go to my aunt and uncles and my mom unfortunately has an operation on the day I too think I'll be working so won't entirely be alone I suppose. Of course I brought him presents already and I'll give them to him at anothet time when gift giving is acceptable
Not really alone then are you? :confused:
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Not really alone then are you? :confused:

My grandma is going away, my mom is going away. I'm not sure if I'm working that day or not, if I'm not then yes I'll 100% be alone unless my ex asks to see me
Can you put some punctuation in please? I don't understand...
Christmas alone doesn't have to be so bad! :cute:

You can watch whatever you want on the telly! Snuggle up on the settee under your duvet and eat chocolate! Could always call up family members or friends to chat to? Could go for a Christmas walk, could go to Church. Could get a jigsaw to tackle? :dontknow:

Doesn't have to be awful :hugs:
Reply 5
Original post by Ice_Queen
Can you put some punctuation in please? I don't understand...

Sorry, I tend to just assume that; people will add the punctuation themselves. If I'm typing something formal, I'll always add it otherwise cba xD
Reply 6
Original post by Maid Marian
Christmas alone doesn't have to be so bad! :cute:

You can watch whatever you want on the telly! Snuggle up on the settee under your duvet and eat chocolate! Could always call up family members or friends to chat to? Could go for a Christmas walk, could go to Church. Could get a jigsaw to tackle?
:dontknow:

Doesn't have to be awful :hugs:

Aww that's made things feel so much better it's just we met in December so it's tough not sharing Christmas together we have exchanged card and gift for the past two years so it's hard two years ago it was just me and Grandpa as my grandma was in hospital and mom was away but I met up with my ex asap I'm not sure if we met on Christmas day those two years back or a bit before or after. Then last year it was just me grandma and mom as my grandpa passed. But I went to see my ex all I did was give him gifts and leave I left my family to see him I'm sure looking back he appreciates that more now. This year he might message me to see him but if not then I'll make sure to enjoy myself anyway there are always a select few friends I can rely on :smile:
Original post by Tylerd94
Aww that's made things feel so much better it's just we met in December so it's tough not sharing Christmas together we have exchanged card and gift for the past two years so it's hard two years ago it was just me and Grandpa as my grandma was in hospital and mom was away but I met up with my ex asap I'm not sure if we met on Christmas day those two years back or a bit before or after. Then last year it was just me grandma and mom as my grandpa passed. But I went to see my ex all I did was give him gifts and leave I left my family to see him I'm sure looking back he appreciates that more now. This year he might message me to see him but if not then I'll make sure to enjoy myself anyway there are always a select few friends I can rely on :smile:

^_^
You have friends to rely on? That's great :h:

You'll be fine. Chin up. Best thing about Christmas alone is that you can do anything you want and eat as much chocolate as you want without being judged! :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending