The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PeterMcQuaid
I've applied to Pwc, MS, GS, Credit Suisse, RBS, DB, JP, Rothschild, Citi, BAML, Nomura, ICAP, UBS and am currently finishing off RBC Capital Markets, BNP and HSBC. I kinda regret applying this early as my CV is a little old now and most HR haven't even starting looking at spring applications yet :frown:

I went to the Different Dimensions DB event as well as a case study and actually found DB to be the most impressive bank so far

And probably the hardest to get into @.@
About a month ago

I see...I had lost all hope after the numerical test.
All the best,
Original post by Anonynous
And probably the hardest to get into @.@

yeah lol
I was told they give about 7 places in total for Spring
yeah lol

Don't they have about 2 assessment centres you have to go through. I've completed the application, albeit I haven't sent it. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. My profile is probably nowhere near good enough. They just want Oxbridge.
yeah lol

Is that true??

I have been asking this a lot - do you happen to know how long will it take to get a rejection after failing at tests?
Original post by IB Fanboy
Is that true??

I have been asking this a lot - do you happen to know how long will it take to get a rejection after failing at tests?

I honestly don't know what the format is if you fail the test. All I know is that they haven't contacted me in a month, but I might have failed it.

Yeah I was talking to a HR rep and they said that they take on about 7 per year.
I've applied to Pwc, MS, GS, Credit Suisse, RBS, DB, JP, Rothschild, Citi, BAML, Nomura, ICAP, UBS and am currently finishing off RBC Capital Markets, BNP and HSBC. I kinda regret applying this early as my CV is a little old now and most HR haven't even starting looking at spring applications yet :frown:

I went to the Different Dimensions DB event as well as a case study and actually found DB to be the most impressive bank so far

Nice one, I've applied to the same institutions tbh, apart from PwC (Auditing is not really my thing) yeah DB is an amazing institution but I hear it's uber competitive! out of interest what is your degree course/uni?
Original post by Roadrage27
Nice one, I've applied to the same institutions tbh, apart from PwC (Auditing is not really my thing) yeah DB is an amazing institution but I hear it's uber competitive! out of interest what is your degree course/uni?

Cool cool, I applied to consulting at pwc btw :smile:

Imperial - EEE, how about you?
Cool cool, I applied to consulting at pwc btw :smile:

Imperial - EEE, how about you?

haha fair enough, Econ at LSE, do you find that a lot of people at Imperial want to go into finance? or do most want to stay in the scientific/ engineering field?
yeah lol

Per division (for IBD and markets, fewer in ops and GTB). Comes to roughly 20-5 total

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Roadrage27
haha fair enough, Econ at LSE, do you find that a lot of people at Imperial want to go into finance? or do most want to stay in the scientific/ engineering field?

I would say it's a good mixture between both. I know plenty of people ranging from BioChem to Aeronautical Engineering who are serious about finance, so it's not just a minority or people from the imperial business school
Reply 1471
Does anyone know what Barclays upto? Their website said it will open on the first but I don't see any links on their SW webpage.
Reply 1472
Original post by IB Fanboy
Is that true??

I applied around the middle of Oct, I got invited for the tests on the last week of Oct. I got an email couple of days ago saying that I got rejected.

I really think you gotta ace the competency questions to get an interview.
Original post by spark27
Does anyone know what Barclays upto? Their website said it will open on the first but I don't see any links on their SW webpage.

HR is away on the weekend. Wait until Monday. :K:
When addressing cover letters, do we put a name on it, or would campus recruitment team be sufficient? I've literally just got to write the CL's for 15 applications and then send them all off simultaneously, next weekend is just the tests, when I get them that is
Original post by MathsNerd1
When addressing cover letters, do we put a name on it, or would campus recruitment team be sufficient? I've literally just got to write the CL's for 15 applications and then send them all off simultaneously, next weekend is just the tests, when I get them that is

I addressed all of them as Dear Sir/Madam :K:
I addressed all of them as Dear Sir/Madam :K:

That would work as well. So how many applications have you sent off?
That would work as well. So how many applications have you sent off?

Quite a few. For SW only 1 AC invite which I went to on Friday, 4 rejections and the rest no word.

Quite a few. For SW only 1 AC invite which I went to on Friday, 4 rejections and the rest no word.

That's impressive, didn't think PwC had already started to reject people, when they came to my campus they said that the process was pretty simple to get through, so I'm guessing your numerical test let you down?
That's impressive, didn't think PwC had already started to reject people, when they came to my campus they said that the process was pretty simple to get through, so I'm guessing your numerical test let you down?

You get feedback from PwC, I didn't do well in the logicals although I surpassed numericals :/ pretty ****ty. Albeit this was for an insight day being held pretty soonish so not the actual SW. Might apply to SW another time, although their app process is incrediby tiresome.