The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

It's a shame.. I want to see LFC challenging with the big boys, in England and Europe, against the likes of Chelsea, City, UTD, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc.

I don't want to be in Spurs level, they are a midtable club and they will always be, LFC are the biggest team of England, alongside Man Utd.

Do you really expect to win or compete for the title with the likes of Markovic (20m and he's afraid of the ball), Lambert (midtable player), Johnson (liability), Mignolet (some good saves but some U-12 mistakes), and the list go on..

120M spent for squad depth and we bring Borini, Lambert, off the bench.. We could have bought Alexis, Schneiderlin, Remy and with that 3 players everything could've been so different, a goalscorer, skillful, a 35M Alexis to bring dynanism to the attack, a 8M Remy a proven goalscorer when Sturridge is injured (most of the time), and Schneiderlin a top class midfielder, something we lack.
Original post by Clip
In what universe is Brenton Wenger 2.0?

Wenger has a track record (albeit a long time ago) of winning and winning big. With the exception of Ozil, he's also averse to spending.

Brenton has no track record of winning anything. He's had enormous amounts of money to spend and has spent it very poorly.

The only similarity I can think of is that in recent times Wenger tends to deliver the same results (3rd-4th) regardless of what team he has or how much it cost. Brenton looks on track to be consistently delivering 6-7th having spent over £200m in a less than 3 seasons.

Uhh... he's not with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to the game yesterday and you were absolutely dreadful. It can't be all blamed on Balotelli either as he was one of your best players yesterday. Your midfield is awful. Gerrard-Allen is such a poor sitting midfield. Gerrard is past it and Allen cannot pass forward.
Were you Liverpool fans happy after the transfer window?

Who would you of preferred to buy now that things haven't gone your way?
If we won vs Hull and Newcastle we would have been in 4th place with 19 points and been 6 points ahead of United. :mad:
Original post by The.Joker
If we won vs Hull and Newcastle we would have been in 4th place with 19 points and been 6 points ahead of United. :mad:

Well we aren't winning our next 2 games so....

It's our own fault - we've messed up in the "easy" games and we simply don't have the strength to make that up against the bigger teams.

If we don't have an amazing second half of the season, it's gonna be a sad season for us.
Original post by Jgco2chem
Were you Liverpool fans happy after the transfer window?

Who would you of preferred to buy now that things haven't gone your way?

I got absolutely crucified for saying I wasn't convinced by Markovic, wonder who'd disagree with me now.

I wish we'd have got Remy, sure his heart condition may have played a part but there has to be more to it than that.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I got absolutely crucified for saying I wasn't convinced by Markovic, wonder who'd disagree with me now.

I wish we'd have got Remy, sure his heart condition may have played a part but there has to be more to it than that.

So did I but people love to take shots at me anyway :tongue:

I don't understand how we could reject him medically but chelsea would accept him.
If his "heart condition" was such a big problem, why did chelsea not seem to care.

All we can take from this weekend is that United lost.

Original post by Lúcio

I don't understand how we could reject him medically but chelsea would accept him.
If his "heart condition" was such a big problem, why did chelsea not seem to care.

His heart was at Chelsea that's why... :ahee:

Soz poor joke. :getmecoat:
Original post by Lúcio

Think it was more to do with the insurance rather than the actual heart condition. From what I've read, Liverpool couldn't afford or didnt want to pay for the insurance where as Chelsea were fine with it.
Original post by samir12
Think it was more to do with the insurance rather than the actual heart condition. From what I've read, Liverpool couldn't afford or didnt want to pay for the insurance where as Chelsea were fine with it.

Fair enough I suppose.
Looking back it seems like the wrong decision though :/

Not saying Remy is killing it at chelsea but I think he would've done much better than Balotelli so far.
Although it's easy to say that now since we'll never know.
Original post by Lúcio
Fair enough I suppose.
Looking back it seems like the wrong decision though :/

Not saying Remy is killing it at chelsea but I think he would've done much better than Balotelli so far.
Although it's easy to say that now since we'll never know.

He would of been the perfect backup to Sturridge as well as a second striker for him, that was for me arguably the worst mistake in the transfer window.
From an Arsenal fan prospective,
Liverpool had to build from nearly winning the EPL.

They had an abundance of youth and there mistakes was to carry on buying Youth!

If they bought World Class players you would be challenging for the title.
E.g Sanchez, Reus, Vidal, Pedro, Khedira, the list is huge and Liverpool can afford,

Balotelli is a great signing, Suarez didnt start on firing goals for fun and for £16m is a bargain, it was a risk worth taking unlike £35m Carrol!
Original post by Jgco2chem
From an Arsenal fan prospective,
Liverpool had to build from nearly winning the EPL.

They had an abundance of youth and there mistakes was to carry on buying Youth!

If they bought World Class players you would be challenging for the title.
E.g Sanchez, Reus, Vidal, Pedro, Khedira, the list is huge and Liverpool can afford,

Balotelli is a great signing, Suarez didnt start on firing goals for fun and for £16m is a bargain, it was a risk worth taking unlike £35m Carrol!

Balotelli isn't a great signing because he doesn't fit the system, he is too similar to Lambert who also doesn't fit the system and was brought in for cup games and a plan B.

He'll come good, and at Liverpool.

He has 'it'. Just needs to get less stressed and iron out the poor first touch that's plaguing him right now
What do you guys think the score will be when we play Real Madrid? I think it'll be a minimum of 3-0, they will annihilate us at the bernabeu. Especially as our defence is practically non-existent and our midfield in the past few weeks has been very sloppy at best.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The.Joker
What do you guys think the score will be when we play Real Madrid? I think it'll be a minimum of 3-0, they will annihilate us at the bernabeu.

Hopefully won't even be watching it
Reply 4957
I'm gunna go with a 4-1 win vs Madrid. Yes we're out of form, but if you compare our teams man-to-man, we're undeniably better in every single position. We'll come good soon guys, don't worry.
Real Madrid 0-1 Liverpool.

Yossi Benayoun.

That's my prediction.
Original post by Bubzeh
Real Madrid 0-1 Liverpool.

Yossi Benayoun.

That's my prediction.

I'm amazed you're still showing your face around these parts:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest