The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
That is pretty gutting. If my waiver claims don't come off though you are probably going to win.

It's an 8-team league - there are loads of good 1-week options on waivers.

Maybe we should all pick a team consisting of players who are currently on waivers, and see how they compare to our actual teams this week.
Original post by shunter7634
It's an 8-team league - there are loads of good 1-week options on waivers.

Maybe we should all pick a team consisting of players who are currently on waivers, and see how they compare to our actual teams this week.

I'm sorted now, the team is obviously weaker than it usually is but you're right with pickups like Romo and OBJ available after the waiver deadline and players like Ingram available before it I've filled my holes pretty well
Original post by Wattsy
...and players like Ingram available before it I've filled my holes pretty well

The joys of having waiver priority 1 :tongue:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
The joys of having waiver priority 1 :tongue:

Damn! I didn't have a chance at 7. I also had to wire Cutler and Antone Smith in order to fill my starting lineup so I guess you'll be enjoying one or both of them next week
Original post by Wattsy
Damn! I didn't have a chance at 7. I also had to wire Cutler and Antone Smith in order to fill my starting lineup so I guess you'll be enjoying one or both of them next week

Nope, I already have Flacco as backup for Rivers, should put up some decent numbers against the Titans.
Original post by Wattsy

I got who I wanted, although it hurts to get rid of Prater. To be honest...you should be safe with both of them on the wire. If someone wants to pick them up and fill clog up a roster spot, when they are on a bye week, that's their prerogative, and it will leave better options on the table. Heck, if Dalton is still Cutler should be good for about 15-20points a game in Fantasy....but he hasn't put up that sort of numbers since the falcons game. Antone Smith has limited fantasy upside, because of Steven Jackson, Jaquizz Rodgers and Devonta Freeman, as well as that horrible o-line, to be honest.

Original post by Wattsy
I'm sorted now, the team is obviously weaker than it usually is but you're right with pickups like Romo and OBJ available after the waiver deadline and players like Ingram available before it I've filled my holes pretty well

Ordinarily, I'd say how good those pickups are...but Romo could easily be out for the game on sunday....although he is tough.
Original post by jammy4041
I got who I wanted, although it hurts to get rid of Prater. To be honest...you should be safe with both of them on the wire. If someone wants to pick them up and fill clog up a roster spot, when they are on a bye week, that's their prerogative, and it will leave better options on the table. Heck, if Dalton is still Cutler should be good for about 15-20points a game in Fantasy....but he hasn't put up that sort of numbers since the falcons game. Antone Smith has limited fantasy upside, because of Steven Jackson, Jaquizz Rodgers and Devonta Freeman, as well as that horrible o-line, to be honest.

Ordinarily, I'd say how good those pickups are...but Romo could easily be out for the game on sunday....although he is tough.

If Romo goes IA or even to game time decision I'll switch him out and put Roethlisberger in. I can do that right?
Original post by Wattsy
If Romo goes IA or even to game time decision I'll switch him out and put Roethlisberger in. I can do that right?

You can indeed.
Worth starting DeAngelo Williams (in another league) this week?
Original post by jammy4041
You can indeed.

Unless someone were to pick him up and drop him on Saturday...:ninja:
I haven't picked up many players on waivers this year, except the bye week cover at TE, K and DEF. I haven't felt like I've needed it tbh. My problem lies in the fact that players like Lynch and VJax are being used properly in their respective offences. Hopefully Breesus pops off tonight. Panthers are tough against the run, need the 'aints to go off like they did against the packers, as much as that hurts me to say.
Original post by ..DT..
I haven't picked up many players on waivers this year, except the bye week cover at TE, K and DEF. I haven't felt like I've needed it tbh. My problem lies in the fact that players like Lynch and VJax are being used properly in their respective offences. Hopefully Breesus pops off tonight. Panthers are tough against the run, need the 'aints to go off like they did against the packers, as much as that hurts me to say.

Well...they did both.
Mark Ingram doing very nicely for me last night :smile:
Broncos vs Patriots tonight. It's gonna be good.
Yeah, I'm not playing Tony Romo with a broken back and neither are the Cowboys... Big Ben had best break his bad run against Baltimore

HAVE YOU SEEN THE WEATHER IN FOXBOROUGH? This does not look good for Peyton.

I'm back to hating the Cowboys again. All it took was Brandon Weeden and an ineffective DeMarco Murray. Bortles is throwing TDs today which is great news, I'd rather like that to be the case next week.

Well done Scott, I've been absolutely killed here. How can I compete with 1/2 TDs off every player!?
(edited 9 years ago)
I am having an absolutely brilliant fantasy week!

All of my players have scored at least one TD (some have two), racking up 120 points in the process :biggrin:
Original post by Scott129
I am having an absolutely brilliant fantasy week!

All of my players have scored at least one TD (some have two), racking up 120 points in the process :biggrin:

I actually think I would have lost without a bench full of bye weeks.
Original post by Wattsy
I actually think I would have lost without a bench full of bye weeks.

I think so too. For the first time this season, all of my key players have been healthy at the same time and just turned up in their games.
Original post by Scott129
I think so too. For the first time this season, all of my key players have been healthy at the same time and just turned up in their games.

Yeah, I feel like the Chargers against the Dolphins, I've been absolutely violated! None of the guys I needed to be 20 point guys, were anywhere close!

I also still like Bortles despite lack of results and hat full of picks. The offense starts 7 rookies at the minute and the NFL is much like Alan Hansen's premier league era: 'You won't win anything with kids' not that many anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Really hope we run a pick play just to knock Ward out this game. Gronk needs to be careful hes a dirty son of a bitch.

Latest