The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chris654
Anyone else got invited to their UCAS visit day? Do we have to go even if we already have our offers? Because I already went on the Open Day and feel like there isn't that much else to see tbh.

Whats ucas visit day?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I'm applying for Law with Politics :smile:
Applying for Biochemistry with Industrial/Professional Experience

2nd choice behind Imperial

Got rubbish AS grades so no idea what to expect

Just crossing my fingers for the offer :s-smilie:
Original post by lizzyc501
Applying for Biochemistry with Industrial/Professional Experience

2nd choice behind Imperial

Got rubbish AS grades so no idea what to expect

Just crossing my fingers for the offer :s-smilie:

What did you get?
Original post by borysek01
What did you get?

ACC (oops) and B (but I am not carrying on with the subject for AS). I'm actually quite relieved and grateful that I got invited to an interview in 2 weeks time, but I'm still quite nervous. Personal statement, reference and predicted grades are ok though.
Reply 485
I want yo apply history and sociology (not sent in my UCAS yet), what is this online assessment thingy? Does that apply to me when I apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizzyc501
ACC (oops) and B (but I am not carrying on with the subject for AS). I'm actually quite relieved and grateful that I got invited to an interview in 2 weeks time, but I'm still quite nervous. Personal statement, reference and predicted grades are ok though.

As long as you meet your offers you'll be fine. I got AAABC but two of the A's don't really count. I haven't applied yet, but on my way there. Stressing that I'll be late because my school is holding it back.
Original post by borysek01
As long as you meet your offers you'll be fine. I got AAABC but two of the A's don't really count. I haven't applied yet, but on my way there. Stressing that I'll be late because my school is holding it back.

Thank you! That's still good though, if your predicted grades are good they should give you an interview invitation at the least. Probably varies between departments, but Manchester responded relatively quickly to my application. Best of luck to you too!
hi guys
I received an interview for Manchester pharmacy for fifth of November , I am really nervous about it , can any one help and guide me ?
Also I am not still hearing from UCL, king , Nottingham and bath , did any one got any offer or ask for interview for 2015 application ?
I finished my school last year and my grade was A* in math . A in chemistry . A in persian and C in biology . also B in as physics
thanks
Original post by Gaby.
I want yo apply history and sociology (not sent in my UCAS yet), what is this online assessment thingy? Does that apply to me when I apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you look at your course description & admissions process on the uni website it should tell you on there whether or not you get invited to complete it as part of the application
Original post by szm95
What if you can't make it to the interview?

Contact the department and tell them, ask if you could go on a different day - they'll be holding more than one applicant day.
If you can't make the interview at all you should still contact them, they'll probably almost certainly still make you an offer anyway, they might just be less lenient about letting you in if you miss the offer by a couple of grades.

Original post by BP_Tranquility
How much do they expect you to remember from the books you've read? For physics, I've read a few but cant remember all the topics which is making me nervous

They won't expect you to remember every single thing about all the books you've read. If you mentioned on your personal statement a specific subject within the books that you've read, make sure you know that bit. Otherwise, if what you've read does come up in interview (it might not), you're likely to be asked if there was a bit of the book that you particularly like, i.e. you get to choose what part of the book you talk about. So if you're able to give a very general overview of the book(s) and then have one or two chapters that you're really confident on talking about, you will be fine for the interview.
Reply 491
Original post by TwoLimes
If you look at your course description & admissions process on the uni website it should tell you on there whether or not you get invited to complete it as part of the application

It doesn't mention anything so I assume that means there isn't one for my course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gaby.
It doesn't mention anything so I assume that means there isn't one for my course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that sounds likely, although if you're still not sure send the department an email, they'll be able to advice best.
Brian cox just replied to me on Twitter xD so pathetic how happy I am hahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Brian cox just replied to me on Twitter xD so pathetic how happy I am hahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg aha,
What was the tweet?! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAlchemistt
Omg aha,
What was the tweet?! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm reading his book atm and I tweeted him asking about an analogy he uses repeatedly to describe Heisenberg's uncertainty principle and he replied about it and then said "you are almost at the end of my book :smile:" so I replied like "yeah then I've got your next book to read and I might see you in a few years at a lecture because I've just applied to manc uni for physics :biggrin:" and he replied "good luck!"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
I'm reading his book atm and I tweeted him asking about an analogy he uses repeatedly to describe Heisenberg's uncertainty principle and he replied about it and then said "you are almost at the end of my book :smile:" so I replied like "yeah then I've got your next book to read and I might see you in a few years at a lecture because I've just applied to manc uni for physics :biggrin:" and he replied "good luck!"

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's amazing!
I'm just finished learning about heisenbergs uncertainty principle :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAlchemistt
That's amazing!
I'm just finished learning about heisenbergs uncertainty principle :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still find it amazing he even managed to come up with something like that so early you know.
Was talking to my physics teacher about it, and he said " If you think of the fact that every time we look at something we 'exchange' photons with it (so we can see it) then it's no wonder there is an element of uncertainty as you are essentially causing a particle collision"

absolute head **** XD
Reply 498
Original post by Gaby.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you put the option in to your UCAS form it will tell you if they interview for the course!
Reply 499
Original post by wolfee
When you put the option in to your UCAS form it will tell you if they interview for the course!

Haven't done that yet :s-smilie: most humanities courses don't have interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending