The Student Room Group

Sould Sharia law be tolerated in the UK??

???
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Obvious troll is obvious.

Church and state should always be separate entities. End of.
The Arch Bishop of Canterbury thinks so http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/feb/07/religion.world
you realise that there is no single sharia law book, right?

therefore it's not something that would ever make it into, say, "proper uk law" due to lack of clarity/consistency or we
Original post by Катя
you realise that there is no single sharia law book, right?

therefore it's not something that would ever make it into, say, "proper uk law" due to lack of clarity/consistency or we

you realise even if there was a single sharia law book we wouldnt want it, right?
Definitely, haven't you heard, sharia was a massive improvement for women's rights back in 630 AD!

Also, it's nice wholesome family entertainment. Nothing like a little stoning to bring people together.
Reply 6
Original post by masterridley
Nothing like a little stoning to bring people together.

My stoner friends would probably agree
Nope.
NO.

/thread
Desert laws aren't needed here.
No, we already have a system of law. You can't have two contradictory legal systems.
Reply 11
trolls not even putting in effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Christianity should rightfully rule the UK politcal scene.

Gay Marriage would be fine as long as the Church is not expected to undertake this practice.

Abortion would be a crime. Male couples raising infants would be unnacceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, absolutely not. Sharia courts, and Jewish Beth Din courts, should be abolished. All citizens should live under the same legal system in all matters.
Reply 14
We already have a highly sophisticated legal system of our own. If you'd be happier to live in a country with a Sharia Law system in place, you have plenty to choose from. Funny though how so many former citizens of Sharia Law countries prefer to live in Britain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_of_sharia_law_by_country#Sharia_in_the_world
Reply 15
Original post by Catholic_
Christianity should rightfully rule the UK politcal scene.

Gay Marriage would be fine as long as the Church is not expected to undertake this practice.

Abortion would be a crime. Male couples raising infants would be unnacceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh... no. Obvious troll is obvious.
There are already numerous Sharia "Courts" around the country and people use them.

I am not sure why people think that banning Sharia courts would lead to less people using them. I can set up my own arbitration system in my living room if I wanted to.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Of course not lol. What kind of question is that?
Reply 18
Anything Islamic should be resisted with all our might because if you give them an inch, they want a mile.

Won't be long before they want an autonomous Muslim state within Birmingham.
Original post by Achaea
No, absolutely not. Sharia courts, and Jewish Beth Din courts, should be abolished. All citizens should live under the same legal system in all matters.

This.

British Law should reign supreme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending