The Student Room Group

Change A levels at 6 form this late?

I know I'm properly not the first person (or maybe I am) but though it's already quite far into the course I HATE re. I feel terrible when I have to attend a lesson and I haven't learnt anything from the course since it started.
I was wondering if any of you had been in a similar senario where your school has maybe let you change or did you have to carry on?
Did you stay on at 6th form to do the subject you wanted or go to collage and change to a course there?

I'm hoping my school will let me change to english but I'm scared to stay on another year or what to do if they don't let me move. I have no idea of what I'm doing in the subject and it doesn't help that one of my two teachers has been off for a month and were well behind the other classes.

Do you think I'll be able to change, seeing as I have no idea of what I'm learning and don't have an interest? I thought it would get better but it hasn't at all if you wondered why i hasn't changed before.

thanks
Reply 1
Only one friend of mine was allowed to do so around 3 weeks back. He didn't, knowing how hard it'll be. It depends on where you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by korrin
I know I'm properly not the first person (or maybe I am) but though it's already quite far into the course I HATE re. I feel terrible when I have to attend a lesson and I haven't learnt anything from the course since it started.
I was wondering if any of you had been in a similar senario where your school has maybe let you change or did you have to carry on?
Did you stay on at 6th form to do the subject you wanted or go to collage and change to a course there?

I'm hoping my school will let me change to english but I'm scared to stay on another year or what to do if they don't let me move. I have no idea of what I'm doing in the subject and it doesn't help that one of my two teachers has been off for a month and were well behind the other classes.

Do you think I'll be able to change, seeing as I have no idea of what I'm learning and don't have an interest? I thought it would get better but it hasn't at all if you wondered why i hasn't changed before.

thanks

You should ask your head of 6th form if you can change it. Are you taking 3 or 4 A levels.. you might want to just drop it and only do 3 AS levels.
Original post by crayolaguy
You should ask your head of 6th form if you can change it. Are you taking 3 or 4 A levels.. you might want to just drop it and only do 3 AS levels.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest