The Student Room Group

After the morning after

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lee R
Girls, you think too much into things! :biggrin:

So. true. I was briefly seeing another guy but mentioned to a friend we didn't have that much in common, and so I was curious as to why he still seemed keen. She replied that he wouldn't even have thought about how much we had to chat about, which struck me as somewhat patrionising, but it does just show how much girls analyse things compared to our male counterparts!
Original post by Anonymous
So. true. I was briefly seeing another guy but mentioned to a friend we didn't have that much in common, and so I was curious as to why he still seemed keen. She replied that he wouldn't even have thought about how much we had to chat about, which struck me as somewhat patrionising, but it does just show how much girls analyse things compared to our male counterparts!

Absolutely. Especially when it comes down to sex.

I want sex - do you want sex? great, (awesome) sex it is. And that's really it.
Original post by Lee R
Girls, you think too much into things! :biggrin:

lol i'm a guy but ye :colondollar:
Original post by C_tinie_D
lol i'm a guy but ye :colondollar:

My bad! :colondollar:
Original post by Lee R
Absolutely. Especially when it comes down to sex.

I want sex - do you want sex? great, (awesome) sex it is. And that's really it.

Wow, even further down the line (i.e. a few dates in, when some sex has been had)? Men are from Mars...
Wow, even further down the line (i.e. a few dates in, when some sex has been had)? Men are from Mars...

A few dates in is still a very, very early potential relationship :-P
Original post by Lee R
A few dates in is still a very, very early potential relationship :-P

Very true! Patience, patience.
Been on several dates with someone, and he cooked me dinner last night and we had breakfast together at his place this morning, but he didn't initiate any morning sex, although he did gently kiss me. He said he'd had fun, mentioned a 'next time' and asked what I was doing next week. I feel he wanted me to leave (i.e. lack of morning sex) but can't be sure. Did I outstay my welcome & should I wait for him to text me, or should I be the one to ask him out again? I mentioned I'm going to a party this weekend and am now wondering whether I should ask him to that... :confused: This dating lark confuses me!

Don't read too much into it, best to assume the best and if you liked him/enjoyed it, best to initiate something as soon as possible.

Nothing kills a burgeoning romance like waiting a week between dates. These things should be frantic and spontaneous.
Original post by cole-slaw
These things should be frantic and spontaneous.

This! :biggrin:
Ye you most likely was, the dating game is hard haha all these unwritten rules. Remember he may not text back straight away to make you think he is busy.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes :smile:

The only unwritten rule is to ignore all the stupid unwritten rules.

Always text immediately, never play games. If you're enthusiastic, show it.

People who play games end up confusing each other and themselves and then wake up 10 years later married to someone they didn't really like because the person they did really like didn't think they were interested because they didn't text back for 24 hours because of some stupid ****ing "rule".
People who play games end up confusing each other and themselves and then wake up 10 years later married to someone they didn't really like because the person they did really like didn't think they were interested because they didn't text back for 24 hours because of some stupid ****ing "rule".

Is this, er, from experience? :O
Original post by Lee R
Is this, er, from experience? :O

No :tongue:

Most people are smart enough to ignore the so-called "dating rules" anyway.
The only unwritten rule is to ignore all the stupid unwritten rules.

Always text immediately, never play games. If you're enthusiastic, show it.

People who play games end up confusing each other.

I agree with this, only problem I find when I show enthusiasm it can scare her off as she's used to the single life "game rules". For example if you text back immediately you look desperate.
I think its wrong too to play all these games to try win someone over but sometimes it's the only way.
No :tongue:

Most people are smart enough to ignore the so-called "dating rules" anyway.

:biggrin: This is true!

I agree with this, only problem I find when I show enthusiasm it can scare her off as she's used to the single life "game rules". For example if you text back immediately you look desperate.
I think its wrong too to play all these games to try win someone over but sometimes it's the only way.

If you like someone why not text back? I do :biggrin:
Original post by Lee R

If you like someone why not text back? I do :biggrin:

Lol I do but it's the certain amount time you have to wait before doing so, surely i'm not the only one to have heard this? I'm not saying its right or that agree with it either...

If she is that stupid that she actually believes that, you're better off scaring her off anyway.

I once got back from a night out to find an email waiting for me from a girl I had met about 3 hours earlier.

Did I think she was desperate? Of course not. I thought she was enthusiastic. We went out the next evening. Why wait?
Lol I do but it's the certain amount time you have to wait before doing so, surely i'm not the only one to have heard this? I'm not saying its right or that agree with it either...

Oh yeah, I've heard of it. I just don't give a damn! :biggrin: I get stuck in there. Literally.
(edited 9 years ago)
If she is that stupid that she actually believes that, you're better off scaring her off anyway.

I once got back from a night out to find an email waiting for me from a girl I had met about 3 hours earlier.

Did I think she was desperate? Of course not. I thought she was enthusiastic. We went out the next evening. Why wait?

Exactly, maybe i'm not finding the right girls. If two people are in to each other, there should be nothing holding them back.
Original post by Lee R
Oh yeah, I've heard of it. I just don't give a damn! :biggrin:

lol good!! I'm not saying I live by this rule, I use it as a guide

Yeah, but think about it. Lets say we both go out to the same bar, meet the same girl and get her number.

By the time you text her 24 hours later, I've text her, met up for drinks, and gone back to hers.

You now text, she doesn't reply because she's busy with my cock up her arse.

You think "oh maybe I text too soon, next time I will wait longer".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending