The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom_Ford
****, just spotted Straight Up G popping his jalebi on the background. Tokennnn.

lmaoo
Why are males so complicated :frown: I'm having 'guy troubles' lads, anyone care to helppp? Pretty pls.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Why are males so complicated :frown: I'm having 'guy troubles' lads, anyone care to helppp? Pretty pls.

Males are the most simple of creatures.

What's the matter?
Original post by jam277
Males are the most simple of creatures.

What's the matter?

Ahh Jam

Well basically to make it really short, there's this guy at uni right. We both like each other (We've told each other this) but we're not going out/dating. We've had a kiss etc but nothing more. There's this other girl (as always :rolleyes:) who I think he likes as well, he's always with this girl when I'm not there. On Thursday, I was supposed to meet him for some studying then cinema but he didn't turn up so I went home, I asked a friend if she had seen him and she said that he went out to lunch (At a restaurant, a proper one) with this other girl so I was just like "Meh ok". So over the weekend he emailed me and basically asked how everything was going blah blah blah and I didn't respond. Then this morning, I finally emailed him back saying "I'm in the library in case you care" and he actually came (to my surprise) then he asked me why I'm acting strange/why I'm being like this and I was just like annoyed and didn't really want to talk. Then he said "I missed you btw" and I was like "Ok then" and he goes "Did you miss me" and I said "You're gonna be late for your lecture" and he was like "Alright, what's the matter? Let's talk" and I responded by going "Not now, later" and he quite literally stormed off! Like Woah. Also, I think I should add, I knew this guy before uni, we went to the same Secondary school together and had 'a thing' then but it never really sparked. Also to add, these days when we contact each other his replies are getting more and more cold everyday! But yeah I've never seen him storm off angrily like that :eek: Clearly I'm doing something wrong...

Soz it's bit long Jammy.

All this literally happened a few mins ago (The last part obvs)
Email? wtf what happened to texting
Also gurl, you got communication issues with him, or he's playing you. I'm leaning to the latter, it's always the latter when there's another bitch involved

I'll do it and post if others do too
Original post by Do it faster
I'll do it and post if others do too

Brah i think ur gf is a bit too... inexperienced to get a text like that
Original post by The Assassin
Brah i think ur gf is a bit too... inexperienced to get a text like that

was gonna send it to an ex to see the reaction

might do anyway, like regardless of someone else
was gonna send it to an ex to see the reaction

might do anyway, like regardless of someone else

fair. update if you do
When in doubt, always ask, what would Zurich do?

Spoiler

He undoubtedly had some interest in you.

Him flaking on you was lame. But you weren't dating so he's free to explore other options, you don't own him the second he shows interest in you.

I can imagine how annoying that conversation would have been for him. The fact that you sulked most likely put him off/annoyed him somewhat, which is why you're getting colder replies.

Instead of sulking you probably should have been straight up, most guys find guessing why a girl is annoyed tedious at best.
(edited 9 years ago)

Spoiler

Original post by So Instinct
He undoubtedly had some interest in you. You weren't dating so he's free to explore other options, you don't own him the second he shows interest in you.

I can imagine how annoying that conversation would have been for him. The fact that you sulked like a kid most likely put him off/annoyed him somewhat, which is why you're getting colder replies.

see misc thread, play misc game
He is abusing his power because he has two girls after him. Simple. Play hard to get, don't be someone's second choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Ahh Jam

Well basically to make it really short, there's this guy at uni right. We both like each other (We've told each other this) but we're not going out/dating. We've had a kiss etc but nothing more. There's this other girl (as always :rolleyes:) who I think he likes as well, he's always with this girl when I'm not there. On Thursday, I was supposed to meet him for some studying then cinema but he didn't turn up so I went home, I asked a friend if she had seen him and she said that he went out to lunch (At a restaurant, a proper one) with this other girl so I was just like "Meh ok". So over the weekend he emailed me and basically asked how everything was going blah blah blah and I didn't respond. Then this morning, I finally emailed him back saying "I'm in the library in case you care" and he actually came (to my surprise) then he asked me why I'm acting strange/why I'm being like this and I was just like annoyed and didn't really want to talk. Then he said "I missed you btw" and I was like "Ok then" and he goes "Did you miss me" and I said "You're gonna be late for your lecture" and he was like "Alright, what's the matter? Let's talk" and I responded by going "Not now, later" and he quite literally stormed off! Like Woah. Also, I think I should add, I knew this guy before uni, we went to the same Secondary school together and had 'a thing' then but it never really sparked. Also to add, these days when we contact each other his replies are getting more and more cold everyday! But yeah I've never seen him storm off angrily like that :eek: Clearly I'm doing something wrong...

Soz it's bit long Jammy.

All this literally happened a few mins ago (The last part obvs)

Well you're wondering why he's acting colder after every text but you're also replying coldly too?

Chances are he might like the other girl or chances are she was just a friend. Be straight with him?
[video="youtube;vsp18UOLveU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsp18UOLveU[/video]
Posted from TSR Mobile

Email? wtf what happened to texting

Lolol, long story...

Also gurl, you got communication issues with him, or he's playing you. I'm leaning to the latter, it's always the latter when there's another bitch involved

[QUOTE="Isometrix;51354351"]He is abusing his power because he has two girls after him. Simple. Play hard to get, don't be someone's second choice.

Spoiler

Original post by So Instinct
He undoubtedly had some interest in you.

Him flaking on you was lame. But you weren't dating so he's free to explore other options, you don't own him the second he shows interest in you.

I can imagine how annoying that conversation would have been for him. The fact that you sulked most likely put him off/annoyed him somewhat, which is why you're getting colder replies.

Instead of sulking you probably should have been straight up, most guys find guessing why a girl is annoyed tedious at best.

Guys...quoting would help lol but thannkks :h:

Original post by AR_95
Well you're wondering why he's acting colder after every text but you're also replying coldly too?

Chances are he might like the other girl or chances are she was just a friend. Be straight with him?

I'm incredibly stubborn so I guess that's a bit bad on my part. Reflecting back on the convo I didn't really help matters :frown:

Anyway! Update:
Sooo later on, to my surprise (again) I saw him waiting for me outside my tutorial room and he said he wanted a chat. I flipping nearly broke down in tears cos I felt so bad for the way I spoke to him earlier, but unfortunately there wasn't even any time cos I had to get to this Student's union meeting thingy so I said "I'm sorry about earlier but I have to go, chat later yeah?" And he went "Go where?" (Then I told him) and he's like "You're always busy but anyways yeah cool" and left it at that. He just sent me a message saying "I miss you." Just like that, no x's no nothing, just that? It doesn't give me a clue to how he's feeling... Anyway guys!

What a flipping day. Thanks for the responses btw lovelies :h:
Think I'm done now :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7478

Lolol, long story...

Original post by Isometrix
He is abusing his power because he has two girls after him. Simple. Play hard to get, don't be someone's second choice.

I'm incredibly stubborn so I guess that's a bit bad on my part. Reflecting back on the convo I didn't really help matters :frown:

Anyway! Update:
Sooo later on, to my surprise (again) I saw him waiting for me outside my tutorial room and he said he wanted a chat. I flipping nearly broke down in tears cos I felt so bad for the way I spoke to him earlier, but unfortunately there wasn't even any time cos I had to get to this Student's union meeting thingy so I said "I'm sorry about earlier but I have to go, chat later yeah?" And he went "Go where?" (Then I told him) and he's like "You're always busy but anyways yeah cool" and left it at that. He just sent me a message saying "I miss you." Just like that, no x's no nothing, just that? It doesn't give me a clue to how he's feeling... Anyway guys!

You'll be playing these games for far too long unless you or him is just straight up. It seems like both of you like each other but neither are doing anything about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lolol, long story...

Original post by Isometrix

Anyway! Update:

He should apologise for standing you up, and if someone made plans with you its courteous to let them know in advance.

Tbh if a girl made plans with me, flaked and went out with another guy i'd probably just allow her. Shows where her priorities were. Obviously it may be a different situation for you, but i'd wonder why he chose to see the other girl over you that day. Unless he made plans with her first...

Latest