The Student Room Group

Leeds Dentistry 2015 Applications

Hey guys,

no ones created a thread for leeds so thought I might aswell!
so I presume applicants got the email stating interviews invitations are handed out in the first week of december with actual interviews 12th-19th december. Offers/Rejections handed in the last week of january.

How you guys feelings for the BMAT?
Feelings towards MMI's?

Scroll to see replies

I've applied to Leeds, it's like my 2nd choice really. I haven't been taking the bmat very seriously which is v bad:frown:( but I've been stressing with other stuff. I should really be revising but I haven't looked at a single thing oops, idek know the format yet.

My gcses: 8a* 5a
A2 pred: A* A* A

Surely for a2 pred, as long as you get AAA, you're sorted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunshine12321
I've applied to Leeds, it's like my 2nd choice really. I haven't been taking the bmat very seriously which is v bad:frown:( but I've been stressing with other stuff. I should really be revising but I haven't looked at a single thing oops, idek know the format yet.

My gcses: 8a* 5a
A2 pred: A* A* A

Surely for a2 pred, as long as you get AAA, you're sorted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

that makes 2 of us! They're only using the BMAT in a second instant if you're on their 'maybe' pile and so amazingly and haven't already been asked to interview! I've been prioritising other stuff because it's unlikely for me to get something 'amazing' so fear not!

Also, you've got better predictions than me if it makes you feel any better?
Original post by gonnagetthruthis
that makes 2 of us! They're only using the BMAT in a second instant if you're on their 'maybe' pile and so amazingly and haven't already been asked to interview! I've been prioritising other stuff because it's unlikely for me to get something 'amazing' so fear not!

Also, you've got better predictions than me if it makes you feel any better?

Phew, I've just been on the assumed knowledge guide and it's crazy. They basically assume we know everything. I didn't do physics or maths at AS and I can't remember any GCSE knowledge so I'm screwed already. Meh I'm not going to stress over it though.

Aha, well as long as you've got AAA, they probably don't care

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys

Im applying for leeds too! Only concern is this BMAT! Its really pissing me off right now. Cant seem to average anything higher than 4 in both sections 1 and 2. How are you guys doing??
Original post by sunshine12321
Phew, I've just been on the assumed knowledge guide and it's crazy. They basically assume we know everything. I didn't do physics or maths at AS and I can't remember any GCSE knowledge so I'm screwed already. Meh I'm not going to stress over it though.

Aha, well as long as you've got AAA, they probably don't care

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jack123connor
Hi Guys

Im applying for leeds too! Only concern is this BMAT! Its really pissing me off right now. Cant seem to average anything higher than 4 in both sections 1 and 2. How are you guys doing??

See guys, we're all in this together! Don't worry
See guys, we're all in this together! Don't worry

Lol yh were in this together haha. Hows your prep going for the BMAT?
Lol yh were in this together haha. Hows your prep going for the BMAT?

It's not! uh oh...
It's not! uh oh...

Oh lol. Have you not done anything then?? either way I'm sure Leeds will offer you a place. What are your stats like if you don't mind me asking.
Oh lol. Have you not done anything then?? either way I'm sure Leeds will offer you a place. What are your stats like if you don't mind me asking.

I don't think they will hence why I've given up on the BMAT because I won't even be on their 'maybe' pile!

I'm predicted A*AA, I got 9 A*s and 2 As at GCSE (one of which is in English Lang) got 2 weeks work exp!

what about you? Hows your BMAT revision?
My GCSE's aren't too good but have a load of work experience which I hope will favour me.

GCSE: 3A* 7A's 1B
A2 predictions: A*AA
Lots of work experience.

BMAT is horrendous to say the least. Im just going through the online revision guide and using the 400Q book.

Congrats on your academics- scary to know I will be up against people like you lol.
My GCSE's aren't too good but have a load of work experience which I hope will favour me.

GCSE: 3A* 7A's 1B
A2 predictions: A*AA
Lots of work experience.

BMAT is horrendous to say the least. Im just going through the online revision guide and using the 400Q book.

Congrats on your academics- scary to know I will be up against people like you lol.

don't be silly! I think work experience is more important tbh! So if anything I'm scared to know I'll be up against people like you!!!

Good luck with it all, I'm adamant you'll get interviews :smile:
don't be silly! I think work experience is more important tbh! So if anything I'm scared to know I'll be up against people like you!!!

Good luck with it all, I'm adamant you'll get interviews :smile:

Lol, Im sure you will do fine. Regardless of how poor your BMAT score is you will be not be disadvantaged which is a relief, it will only aid your application.
Where else have you applied if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 13
I initially thought the same, but if you think about it alot of people who didnt do so well in UKCAT would apply leeds for a second chance. So I think more might apply this year, but who knows!
(edited 4 years ago)
You guys need to do BMAT these days? Madness!
Reply 15
Original post by bertstare
You guys need to do BMAT these days? Madness!

haha yh, this is the first year of BMAT; its like a trial period it will be in full effect for 2015/16 applicant I assume. You studying at Leeds?
Reply 16
Good luck with bmat tomorrow guys !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
how'd you all find bmat?
Original post by TheAli13
how'd you all find bmat?

S1 was okay and it thought S2 went well. My essay was soooo messed up though :frown: Glad that if you do bad it doesn't disadvantage your application
Original post by TheAli13
how'd you all find bmat?

Section 1 went well, I felt more confident with it than practise ones I've done but I really struggled with the second section

Quick Reply

Latest