The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

When do we start applying for accommodation?

I just received my offer,i'm wondering when do we start applying for accommodation?
According to the Accommodation FAQ, applications open after 15th December. I don't know how up to date that information is though.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I also heard December 15th, but when I went to the accommodation website there wasn't anything to stop me signing up beforehand. I registered my information but now it thinks I'm a 2014 applicant :s-smilie:
Original post by AerysTargaryen
I also heard December 15th, but when I went to the accommodation website there wasn't anything to stop me signing up beforehand. I registered my information but now it thinks I'm a 2014 applicant :s-smilie:

In that case you've started the application process to move into halls two months ago...

You'll have to wait until December to apply for 2015 entry.
Original post by Origami Bullets
In that case you've started the application process to move into halls two months ago...

You'll have to wait until December to apply for 2015 entry.

I thought that might be the case. Will it be a problem now that I've signed up? Or will it just correct itself after the 15th?
Original post by AerysTargaryen
I thought that might be the case. Will it be a problem now that I've signed up? Or will it just correct itself after the 15th?

Nah it'll be fine - just sign up as normal in December.
Nah it'll be fine - just sign up as normal in December.

Oh thank god haha. Thank you!
Do we apply to accommodation for all the unis as we don't have to put in our firm and insurance until May. Or do we just do our two choices
Original post by Aneesah_May
Do we apply to accommodation for all the unis as we don't have to put in our firm and insurance until May. Or do we just do our two choices

I think you need to have accepted your offer before you can apply for accommodation.

EDIT: Nevermind, sorry for the false info. :erm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aneesah_May

It depends on each individual uni - Manchester will let you apply once you have an offer (you need not have firmed / insured it). Other unis won't let insurance applicants apply at all, or they make you wait until you've made a decision... check their websites.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I think you need to have accepted your offer before you can apply for accommodation.

EDIT: Nevermind, sorry for the false info. :erm:

Ok thank you. Its just the other week Liverpool sent me details about applying for accommodation etc so I was a bit confused

It depends on each individual uni - Manchester will let you apply once you have an offer (you need not have firmed / insured it). Other unis won't let insurance applicants apply at all, or they make you wait until you've made a decision... check their websites.

Quick Reply

Latest