The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmilyC96
Have you sent your ucas?
It said:
Thank you for your recent application for our Masters in Nursing Science course, RB30 Field.

Our Nursing courses are commissioned by Health Education East Midlands (HEEM). HEEM has just advised the University that it is no longer commissioning the course you have chosen for September 2015 entry. The University will therefore no longer be able to offer this course and we will have to withdraw your application.

We appreciate that this will be a disappointment for you, but we are pleased that you have made the University of Nottingham one of your choices. We hope, if you have not done so already, that you will consider our excellent BSc (Hons) Nursing course in the same Field. We will now arrange for your application choice to be transferred to that course. If you would prefer us not to do so, please let us know and we will send you the UCAS paperwork which allows you to make an alternative choice so that you are not disadvantaged. To do this or if you have any other queries please contact [email protected] . Please accept our most sincere apologies for these circumstances.

Aw that sucks! I'm sending my UCAS off on Tuesday if my reference has finally been done! Are you now applying for the BSc? I'm applying for the children's BSc and contemplating the mental health MNursSci (as my personal statement does include talking about mental health as I'm applying to Oxford Brookes for combined Child and Mental health nursing)
Thanks for sharing what they said good luck :smile:
Original post by alice_c_97
Aw that sucks! I'm sending my UCAS off on Tuesday if my reference has finally been done! Are you now applying for the BSc? I'm applying for the children's BSc and contemplating the mental health MNursSci (as my personal statement does include talking about mental health as I'm applying to Oxford Brookes for combined Child and Mental health nursing)
Thanks for sharing what they said good luck :smile:

I've already applied to the BSc as one of my original choices so now I've got to find another uni to apply to!
Reply 242
I've applied for Cardiff, Nottingham and Liverpool (university) for adult, and Southampton and De Montfort for dual field Adult and Child (all September 2015 entry):smile: I'm predicted BBB (I also got a b in my 4th AS), so I know that Dual field at Southampton is a bit optimistic, but I emailed for their advice, and they replied saying that when you apply for Dual field, they consider you for all 3 courses (so Dual, adult and child for me) so in a way it seemed like a safe option as I really liked Southampton when I went to the open day in July :smile:
I applied last Friday and have so far had emails from all but De Montfort saying that they were considering my application, and letters from Cardiff and Liverpool. Just the wait now I guess!
Original post by EmilyC96
I've already applied to the BSc as one of my original choices so now I've got to find another uni to apply to!

I was going to apply for both so now have to find another choice as well! I change my mind about which unis to apply to so often! Definitely applying to Southampton for adult and child combined and to Oxford Brookes for Child and Mental health, probably Nottingham for the BSc but still unsure!!
Original post by fairplaytoyou
You too! May I ask what your predicted grades are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you ^_^

I'm doing a combination of A-levels and B-TEC.

Health and Social Care - D* D*

English Literature - C

I also done an EPQ which I got a "B" in August.

What about you?
Original post by samjackson93
Thank you! Good luck to you too! I did my best and I hope that was enough! I have Birmingham City next week and UWE at the end of November,

you have a interview for Birmingham City uni ? Are you applying for Sept intake. When did you send off your application? Sorry about all the questions because ive applied for BCU and still haven't received acknowledgedment and sent my app off on the 2nd of October.
I'm applying for Adult Nursing at Kings College London, Oxford Brookes, Canterbury Christ Church, University of Nottingham and Kingston. I would really like to go to Kings out of the 5, so hoping for get an interview from at least two of the unis.

(I'm an Irish Student)
Hi Guys, I am currently applying for nursing. I am currently studying BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Predicted D D) and A-Level Mathematics (Predicted C). I am applying for places at:

University of Liverpool
Northumbria University
Sheffield Hallam University
Leeds Beckett University
Queens University Belfast

Hope I get a place at Liverpool though!
I didn't realised how many people had applied already! Good luck with your interviews :smile:
I'm just wondering what experiences everyone has had before applying?
Reply 249
Original post by hannahburns
I didn't realised how many people had applied already! Good luck with your interviews :smile:
I'm just wondering what experiences everyone has had before applying?

My main thing is that I volunteer on a ward in my local hospital once a week, chatting to patients, helping to make beds, and assisting with mealtimes- i.e. distributing meals and feeding patients! I really love it :smile:
Original post by Jac800K
My main thing is that I volunteer on a ward in my local hospital once a week, chatting to patients, helping to make beds, and assisting with mealtimes- i.e. distributing meals and feeding patients! I really love it :smile:

I work in a local EMI/Residential home 21hrs a week along side my level 3 diploma (H&SC) so I'm involved in all aspects of personal care, feeding, dressing.. and I love it too! I just feel I've not had enough experience in a nursing or hospital setting :frown:! I'm so worried as there's so much competition, and so many people with a variety of experience, I'm applying for LJMU, Edge Hill & Bangor September 2015, I just can't seem to get my personal statement right!
Original post by sean170296
Hi Guys, I am currently applying for nursing. I am currently studying BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Predicted D D) and A-Level Mathematics (Predicted C). I am applying for places at:

University of Liverpool
Northumbria University
Sheffield Hallam University
Leeds Beckett University
Queens University Belfast

Hope I get a place at Liverpool though!

Hi im just wondering what type of nursing are you applying too and why have you choosen this subject

Many Thanks
I haven't had that much experience to be honest only personal experience. I have a place at Edge hill for April 15 for LD nursing just be yourself and be confident at interview ! Good luck everyone
Original post by SarahHinze
Ill be applying for Adult at Manchester, Manchester met, Salford, UCLAN and either Edge Hill or Chester. Have 3 kids and a husband so have to stay close to home!!

Hi have you heard anything from Manchester yet? :smile:
Hi peeps
I'm currently studying for an Access to Nursing qualification - and I've applied to Kings College (My numero uno choice!!!), St Georges, LSBU (as a backup), West London and UCL.

My branch is mental health nursing.

Anyone else on an access and applying to Kings?

X
Hey everyone!

I've applied for adult nursing at King's College London, Leeds, Nottingham, York and Manchester :smile:
Predicted AAAB (A Levels). Have my first interview at Manchester next week! So nervous.
Best of luck to everyone applying :smile: xo
Hello, i have applied for mental health nursing :smile:
i have 2 interviews so far! i have applied for
oxford brookes - interview on the 11th November
Stafford - interview on the 1st December
keele
kings college
and Birmingham

:smile::smile:
Just sent of my application for mental health nursing at UCLAN, Cumbria,Salford,Ljmu and edge hill.
I've applied for MH nursing and applied to UWE, Cardiff, Swansea, Manchester and Liverpool (John Moores), got two interviews so far (for Manchester and Liverpool) which I'm happy about but they are my last choices :frown: really hoping for a reply from swansea and Cardiff? has anyone heard back? My predicted grades are AAB and I have work experience in an actual mental hospital (cefn coed) do you think I have hope for getting an interview?
Reply 259
Original post by hannahburns
I work in a local EMI/Residential home 21hrs a week along side my level 3 diploma (H&SC) so I'm involved in all aspects of personal care, feeding, dressing.. and I love it too! I just feel I've not had enough experience in a nursing or hospital setting :frown:! I'm so worried as there's so much competition, and so many people with a variety of experience, I'm applying for LJMU, Edge Hill & Bangor September 2015, I just can't seem to get my personal statement right!

That's really great! I wouldn't worry too much about not having much hospital experience as it's really hard to get... i.e. nearly 30 people were interviewed for the 8 places on my volunteering scheme! I applied about a week and a half ago for adult nursing at Cardiff, Nottingham and Liverpool, and dual field A & C at Southampton and De Montfort... I've had nothing from any of them yet apart from confirmations! So worried that I didn't make mine field-specific enough- I didn't really want to focus too much on adult nursing because of the dual field, but read last night that you could send a second personal statement at dual field interview, and the normal statement really needs to show that you are focused on one specific field :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending