The Student Room Group

experienced an approach at the bus stop

Scroll to see replies

Original post by what is this
My first ever experience at a guy approaching a girl was witnessed at the bus stop a few weeks ago. Would have written this post then but was busy with work.

Honestly it was so much cringe. I felt sorry for the lad, he didn't do anything wrong he was trying to make normal conversation with the girl , nothing awkward, but what made it awkward was her total non interest in him. This was an Indian guy approaching an Indian girl and the guy even looked above average.

Then it hit me, all my theories unravelling right in front of my eyes, all my theories being proved right in front of me. All of them. Guaranteed if this guy was white the girl would have given him his number ASAP, guaranteed if the guy was an 8 or above /10 the girl would have given him her number.

They were both in the same looks league and he wasn't awkward.

Proves how much of a fraud confidence , personality and approaching girls is.

Lol I will never debase myself to approach and girl and let her get an ego boost out of it NEVER. I'd rather have my balls chopped off than to approach a girl anywhere whether it be on the street, at a club or a bar.

Now the girl at the bus stop probably has an ego the size of the solar system due to perfectly fine looking guys approaching her everywhere and she thinks she's a 10/10 model who deserves nothing short of Brad Pitt.

It seems I am the lone crusader against this fight against the inequality men face, I am a martyr who will be remembered and cheered in the future by men for sacrificing myself for the betterment of future men.

Yeah, the answer is don't try to hit on girls at bus stops.
Original post by Foo.mp3
That was almost humble, so well done. I see you're a law student so that can't have been easy :tongue:

So you're a cutey with a superiority complex whom has her bitch face on, partly because she's not her right self right now, and thinks it's acceptable not just to ridicule a (ethnic minority) beta male, but to make an implicit slight about (TSRian?) males more generally?

I know some of these threads are fairly insufferable but there are more amusing/gracious ways to take the mick, and more constructive things one may (ideally) say in doing so. Attitudes like that are part of the reason such guys wind up bitter and misogynistic. Maybe think before you speak next time :borat:

No, just to ridicule someone with a stupid opinion.

I simply pointed out him being male. Which he undeniably is.
I didn't even generalise for once :O Which I often do, and have often justified my reasons for doing so too.
Reply 22
Original post by Inazuma
No, just to ridicule someone with a stupid opinion.

I simply pointed out him being male. Which he undeniably is.
I didn't even generalise for once :O Which I often do, and have often justified my reasons for doing so too.

Original post by Inazuma
All I can hear is 'blab blab unhappy/unsatisfied male' :blah:

If you often do it; it's time someone told you to stop doing it. Clearly, 'blab blab unhappy/unsatisfied male' this is implying that men are only after sex. Next time you should think before you post, you didn't just point out him being a male.
Original post by Shadoo
If you often do it; it's time someone told you to stop doing it. Clearly, 'blab blab unhappy/unsatisfied male' this is implying that men are only after sex. Next time you should think before you post, you didn't just point out him being a male.

Clearly you like assuming things because I didn't imply anything

Typical male :wink:
Now that is an assumption.
Reply 24
Original post by Inazuma
Clearly you like assuming things because I didn't imply anything

Typical male :wink:
Now that is an assumption.

Please explain what you meant by 'unsatisfied' male. Your superiority complex is growing threw the roof. You need to stop allowing yourself to be indoctrinated by stereotypes not just of males. To be honest, I doubt you realise that you are pre-judging which should tell you something.
Original post by Shadoo
Please explain what you meant by 'unsatisfied' male. Your superiority complex is growing threw the roof. You need to stop allowing yourself to be indoctrinated by stereotypes not just of males. To be honest, I doubt you realise that you are pre-judging which should tell you something.

Nah, I was commenting on his obtuse insistence that the girl in the OP must have some kind of superiority complex and is somehow obliged to talk to him. Judging by the 10 likes and many other posters commenting in the same fashion I'd say that it's the widely accepted opinion on this thread. All it comes down to tbh.
Along with a 'playful' poke as to why I reckon he's commenting in that light

I genuinely have no clue where you nutters are getting me 'stereotyping' from unless you're assuming ridiculous things -

Also the 'unsatisfied' in particular came from his comment 'I would get a GF but cba' is all.
Reply 26
Original post by Inazuma
Nah, I was commenting on his obtuse insistence that the girl in the OP must have some kind of superiority complex and is somehow obliged to talk to him. Judging by the 10 likes and many other posters commenting in the same fashion I'd say that it's the widely accepted opinion on this thread. All it comes down to tbh.
Along with a 'playful' poke as to why I reckon he's commenting in that light

I genuinely have no clue where you nutters are getting me 'stereotyping' from unless you're assuming ridiculous things -

Also the 'unsatisfied' in particular came from his comment 'I would get a GF but cba' is all.

1) Your just stating random opinion; perhaps you are the nutter?
2) It's not random u clearly were pre-judging and we complained about it.
Reply 27
I love it when I see a random thing and it proves all my theories. Actually the same thing happened to me at the train station. I saw a guy approach a girl and she ignored him. Then it hit me - if the guy was playing the recorder and told her his name was Fandango the girl would have given him her number right away.
Original post by Shadoo
1) Your just stating random opinion; perhaps you are the nutter?
2) It's not random u clearly were pre-judging and we complained about it.

Clearly not though.
Anyway, I have actual productive things to do with my life than argue with someone who is quite clearly not listening and is just making things up now lol.
BYE :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by gt459
So what you take her number so you can go shoe shopping together? Come on.

Lool, allow it am i a sideman... if the girl has a bf wait for the ting to end then drop game. relationships dont last long nowadays :/
Reply 30
Original post by Inazuma
All I can hear is 'blab blab unhappy/unsatisfied male' :blah:

Lool just say i dont kno what to say in reply than saying "All I can hear is 'blab blab unhappy/unsatisfied male"...

Lol I will never debase myself to approach and girl and let her get an ego boost out of it NEVER. I'd rather have my balls chopped off than to approach a girl anywhere whether it be on the street, at a club or a bar.

A relief for womankind everywhere.
Original post by Foo.mp3
It was superfluous and undeniably ran the risk of appearing pointed (whether you were/are conscious of this or not)

Is there something particularly distasteful to you about an "unhappy/unsatisfied male", as opposed to an 'unhappy/unsatisfied female'* (many of whom also post here, with often similarly pathetic threads)? :holmes:

Well, I can say things and it is for other people to read it normally. I don't hold any responsibility for whatever fantasies people miraculously read into it. And I shall continue to do so for the short and foreseeable future I am allowed to do so - i.e. a few more months - year. I'm sure y'all can put up with normal talk for that time.

And nope, I look down on them equally yay! I'm even willing /wanting to help out in most cases where, unlike here, they come across and genuine people :biggrin:

Original post by Helpme.
Lool just say i dont kno what to say in reply than saying "All I can hear is 'blab blab unhappy/unsatisfied male"...

I can't I wanted to use the cute blah blah emoticon! (Genuine reason for usign the words blab blab) :P
Original post by Foo.mp3
Then use of 'male' is surely superfluous, and hence achieves/communicates nothing much besides making you look a bit of a conceited bitch

Listen, I wasn't writing you off as a person, and I'm sure you're capable on contributing constructively, t'was just a word to the wise. Now be a good girl and take your medicine :wink:

Haha YES! Finally I got someone to call me a bitch >:smile:
Now I can go back to being mildy irritated on first posts then nice again.
#winning :wink:

But yes I could have said person, but male sounds far more fun and demanding see :P
Original post by Foo.mp3
You'll need to brush up on your English comprehension if you want to become a fine lawyer my friend..

Spoiler

Don't use Sheen tags, you're female; tiger blood is reserved for us red blooded males

Also might wanna avoid winking at this incorrigible old swine, you'll only encourage him.. :wink:

There's a good girl :emog:

Believe me sweetie I know all about your teeny-manipulation and self aggrandisation tactics. I'm not impressed. There are far better (more effective/ethical, never mind sophisticated) ways to give off that vibe than this put people down to build yourself up nonsense :rolleyes:

Close enough!

And hey, I could totally be a man! And ermm... <insert equality and feminism stuff here so I can be charlie sheen>

I don't need to or try to impress anyone, trust me haha. :cool:
Reply 35
Original post by Inazuma

I can't I wanted to use the cute blah blah emoticon! (Genuine reason for usign the words blab blab) :P

Lool just say I couldn't think of why I would say blah blah than say "I wanted to use the cute blah blah emoticon"
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'm not interested in your particular, selfish/brattish "needs", I'm interested in encouraging other users of this forum to be their best selves :daydreaming:

And yet you're still quoting me and thus distracting me from my oh so joyful studying, great job :tongue:

Don't have any needs on TSR, I am purely here to serve as well.
So much sensitivity in one thread.
Original post by Foo.mp3
You must be new here

Spoiler

You're starting to sound like my bloody law course :rolleyes:

Come on, you're a law student, it's more rote learning than studying* as such :tongue:

Currently, it is learning in fact ! But I will give you that.

You may not realise/accept/admit to it, but I can assure you, they exist and you are (at least partially) having them satisfied here :wink:

Good to know :perv:

~le sigh~ :elefant:
Then it hit me, all my theories unravelling right in front of my eyes, all my theories being proved right in front of me. All of them. Guaranteed if this guy was white the girl would have given him his number ASAP, guaranteed if the guy was an 8 or above /10 the girl would have given him her number.

Yep, your story definitely proves that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending