London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miladrises
Guys what are my chances for law?

Gcse: 3 A* 5A 1B
As: AABB
A2 predicted: A*AA

I dont really know how they value the GCSE's for Law, as I am in the same boat. 4 A* 5A 2 B. Predicted 41 points IB. I hope they look at predicteds higher :/
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by wilshere.gunners
I dont really know how they value the GCSE's for Law, as I am in the same boat. 4 A* 5A 2 B. Predicted 41 points IB. I hope they look at predicteds higher :/

Have you submitted your applications? It also depends on LNAT and your personal statement. So don't worry too much about it. Good luck!
Original post by saycheese:)
Have you submitted your applications? It also depends on LNAT and your personal statement. So don't worry too much about it. Good luck!

I submitted it two weeks and got the 2 week email early this week. LSE doesn't look at the LNAT from what I know, good luck to you too !
Original post by Mariusk03
I'm doing the IB and am predicted to get 44 points :smile: I only take Math SL but apparently as long as I'm predicted to get a 7 in the course (which I am) that shouldn't be too big of a disadvantage. Just received an e-mail saying I'll get more information in two weeks time, so I guess that's positive :smile: Is LSE your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you applied with a 7 in SL Maths for Economics course, you will almost surely not even be considered, as they state clearly that a 7 in HL math is required. :/
Anyone here applying for or know anything about Social Policy and Economics course? Do you need to have a balanced social policy and economics PS or is an econ weighted statement also alright?
Original post by Mariusk03
I'm not applying for economics though, I'm applying for management :smile:

What is management?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmelinelu
My school actively discourages applying to LSE unless you are an int student. Loads of the above case has happened and lots of the people with top grades from this country don't get in.

My school discouraged me from applying for the above reason, but I thought it was worth a shot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Follett
My school discouraged me from applying for the above reason, but I thought it was worth a shot

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is your future and your decision. Just understand and take into account of their concerns and then it is your future and your risk to take. With Clearing, I think it is not worth aiming too low and should include at most one insurance choice which you really want to go to.
Original post by GandalfWhite
It is your future and your decision. Just understand and take into account of their concerns and then it is your future and your risk to take. With Clearing, I think it is not worth aiming too low and should include at most one insurance choice which you really want to go to.

Cheers! I've already get some offers for some insurance choices that I like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone has an LSE economics offer on the connect pages :O
Can someone please rank oxford, LSE, UCL and Warwick?? I knwo they're all reallu good but wondered which order people would put them?
Original post by Millerman
Can someone please rank oxford, LSE, UCL and Warwick?? I knwo they're all reallu good but wondered which order people would put them?

Oxford>LSE>= UCL > Warwick.

My opinion; it's all very subjective. :smile:
Original post by Follett

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school was of this opinion and it really really annoyed me. I knew i would love it when i got there, applied and was lucky enough to gain a place. Am on campus right now in fact. Basically if you think LSE is really for you, make an application, on the understanding that it has a low success rate. Don't listen to the miseryguts at school.
Original post by LevCrofts
Oxford>LSE>= UCL > Warwick.

My opinion; it's all very subjective. :smile:

Reason and course?
Original post by Millerman

For me, Oxbridge is always the choice where if they give you an offer you will definitely accept it. Then no doubt LSE is the dream choice for people who want to get into the finance field, especially management at LSE. Management at Warwick got a higher reputation than UCL (cause UCL's a newer course), but UCL's reputation is def higher. I prefer UCL to Warwick especially cause I think London is a much much better place than Coventry and there's really not much around Warwick uni compared to LSE and UCL. Out of the 3 no doubt I'll go for LSE :smile:
Original post by YNM96
Same thing happened to me lool.

did you hear back yet? the correspondence they said would happen 'in two weeks' is now a week overdue. MY NERVES :frown: hahaha
Reply 456
Original post by SCHMERRYFERRY
did you hear back yet? the correspondence they said would happen 'in two weeks' is now a week overdue. MY NERVES :frown: hahaha

Nope, I'm trying to forget that email lool.
[QUOTE="EHZ17;51354297"]Someone has an LSE economics offer on the connect pages :O[/QUOTE
They must have modified their system or now more confident in making early offers to certain applicants. I will believe it when I hear a few more people getting their offers. Extremely early for LSE Economics.
Hello to everyone.. I am applying for Msc in European Politics.. Anyone else doing the same?
Hey everyone
I'm an international student applying from morocco to LSE
I got both mails ( 2 weeks and 8 weeks )
However, I haven't received any questionnaire !
( I am applying to Economics )
Is that normal ? I'm really getting worried !!
I wish you all goood luck with your applications ! Hope you'll get what you've always wanted :smile:

Quick Reply