Economics A (200/200)

[Best 3: 99.223%]

A2 Predicted:
Maths A*
Economics A*
English A*
Further Maths (AS) A

-----------

The flaw in my application is the lack of A2 FM but I am studying S1 and S2 with FP1 for AS FM. I'm the least confident about LSE because of this and also I didn't write too much Maths stuff on PS, I just did baree econ stuff.

Also my GCSEs are meant to be a flaw :s-smilie:

You will get an LSE offer. I know people who have gotten offers with much lower grades and far far lower UMS average. Your application is basically perfect. (1A* off perfect).
Original post by RAV 123
You will get an LSE offer. I know people who have gotten offers with much lower grades and far far lower UMS average. Your application is basically perfect. (1A* off perfect).

Thanks for your kind words but LSE are notoriously harsh, I feel like I have a better chance at Cambridge than at LSE, imho. Really wish I took FM last year :/ (Given they are incredibly slim chances to begin with!)

Where are you applying?
What's better out of queen Mary's and Exeter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Queens' college woo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I nearly applied there, all about that swimming pool!
Original post by jchap9776
I nearly applied there, all about that swimming pool!

There's a pool?! Shows how thoroughly I researched it ahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah I saw that a load of people last year got lse offers on 12/12/13 so I'm hoping I'll hear something around then, pretty sure Cambridge send out their interview letters next weekish :bricks:
There's a pool?! Shows how thoroughly I researched it ahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah haha, looks like top banter
yeah haha, looks like top banter

It wasn't like I randomly picked it, I did it by deciding which ones I didn't want really aha
Although it does have some good alumnae

Posted from TSR Mobile
It wasn't like I randomly picked it, I did it by deciding which ones I didn't want really aha
Although it does have some good alumnae

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I used same method, tbf hate to disappoint but just found out its Christs with the pool lol, that's embarrassing...
yeah I used same method, tbf hate to disappoint but just found out its Christs with the pool lol, that's embarrassing...

It's alright I'm allergic to chlorine anyway :/
Which college had you gone for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Thanks for your kind words but LSE are notoriously harsh, I feel like I have a better chance at Cambridge than at LSE, imho. Really wish I took FM last year :/ (Given they are incredibly slim chances to begin with!)

Where are you applying?

Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham, Bristol, Bath. You?
Original post by RAV 123
Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham, Bristol, Bath. You?

Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick, Surrey :smile:
It's alright I'm allergic to chlorine anyway :/
Which college had you gone for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

jesus, was nice and big and fairly reputable for Cambridge - I reckon getting pooled is likely so I didn't put too much thought into it
Too many people applying to top unis :eek:
jesus, was nice and big and fairly reputable for Cambridge - I reckon getting pooled is likely so I didn't put too much thought into it

Yeah that's a good attitude to have really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's a good attitude to have really

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have any idea of how difficult it is to get into King's Cambridge?
Original post by liamc1997

No idea but obviously no college is easy to get into

If you type in cambridge admissions statistics in google you'll get graphs for the college and university as a whole though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liamc1997

One of the harder ones given that Keynes went there... but if you're good enough you'll get through the pool anyway
Just seen an email from UCL saying that theyre now considering my application and will contact me if they need anything additional. Really excited to just hear from them haha, I wonder when they'll start giving out econ offers or if they already have
Reply 1079
Argh getting worried reading these now. I'm applying to Nottingham, Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham and Sheffield this week with A*AA predicted but I had 4A*s 3As and 3 Bs at GCSE and my AS performance was AABB. Seeing that Nottingham wants like 7A*s at GCSE is panicking me especially after I spent so long on perfecting my personal statement, dammit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending