The Student Room Group

Black people and asians(pakistanis,Indians,bengal is etc) will you

Scroll to see replies

I am German and I will wear a red poppy. That says it all :tongue:
No. The first world war is largely irrelevant now seen as hardly any of the truly eligible beneficiaries are even alive. Most of the money that goes into poppy sales is being used to care for ex-serviceman and women of recent wars- namely Afghanistan, and I will not subsidize people who actively sought out and killed Muslims, period.
Original post by radicalboujie
You don't understand my point. There's this underlying unconscious mindset of British/american lives meaning more than the lives that they kill and more in the name of "combating terrorism" what do they call those victims again yh "collateral damage" that's all that a brown face or black face means.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I think that the British/Americans are always seen as heroes in the wars, but they're killing hundreds, that's what i mean by certain situations
I really wonna wear a white poppy to show my distaste for the original one... But I'm just a bit scared of the backlash irl ;_;
Original post by matthewduncan
Be wearing a poppy this year?
Just asking because one thing i have noticed is that black people and asians in general tend not to wear poppies or they wear them significantly less than white people.
If not say why

because there are significantly less non white people in the country?
No. I don't support wars.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Wouldn't it have been easier to have said non white?

Anyway, maybe. Depends on if I see a seller and have money.

No because brown (asian) ppl and black folks face different levels of issues. It would be a form of erasure to group them as one or as PoC (ppl of colour)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prob not. Never have change on me
No. Only ever wore a Poppy in Primary school when we got free sweets after buying one.
Original post by Lee R
Remembrance Day is a memorial day to celebrate and remember those that gave there life to defend the country which you live in today, the way we live and the freedom that we live it in. If it wasn't for those brave men and woman, we and our loved ones would be living a very, very different life.

Lee stop stalking me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
Lee stop stalking me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was here first! :wink:
I will be wearing a poppy.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm English and don't think it's completely necessary. You don't need to wear one to respect/think about what happened. However, when I replace the one I lost a few days ago, I will be wearing a poppy :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by matthewduncan
Be wearing a poppy this year?
Just asking because one thing i have noticed is that black people and asians in general tend not to wear poppies or they wear them significantly less than white people.
If not say why

No, I won't be.

I don't support war, and I especially don't support the killing of civilians, or the people who kill civilians.

I'd rather remember the thousands of civilians killed in Dresden, rather than the RAF pilots who dropped bombs on them. I'd rather remember the millions of innocents killed, rather than those that killed them.

That's why I don't wear poppies :smile:
Reply 34
I don't wear them but I'm more than happy to donate to it.

I don't know what to think about a British citizen who doesn't respect our armed forces or veterans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by TIATA
No, I won't be.

I don't support war, and I especially don't support the killing of civilians, or the people who kill civilians.

I'd rather remember the thousands of civilians killed in Dresden, rather than the RAF pilots who dropped bombs on them. I'd rather remember the millions of innocents killed, rather than those that killed them.

That's why I don't wear poppies :smile:

You're good at isolating a single situation and taking a moral high ground from it.

If you didn't realise, we were fighting a war, people tend to die. You're no hero sitting on your house waiting for a bomb to drop. You are if you risk your life to protect the piece of soil you come from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
No, I don't need to commemorate the soldiers with a poppy, a silent reflection will suffice for me on the 11th.
Original post by Ggmu!
I don't wear them but I'm more than happy to donate to it.

I don't know what to think about a British citizen who doesn't respect our armed forces or veterans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? Why are they deserving of respect, just because they are in the armed forces?? There are going to be some real ********s, and some really nice people in the army

Why should I respect the ********s just because theyre in the armed forces?

Some veterans can be ********s as well. Why should I respect them?

There are also some racist soldiers, and some racist ex soldiers as well

(Notice I said some. I know they arent the majority)

I saw a soldier post on facebook "Muslims are all terrorists. We should kill them all" Or words to that effect (he had pictures of him in Germany, with other soldiers, so this guy looked like an actual soldier, and not someone pretending to be one)

Why should I respect them? Why should I respect that genocidal maniac?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by de_monies
Why? Why are they deserving of respect, just because they are in the armed forces?? There are going to be some real ********s, and some really nice people in the army

Why should I respect the ********s just because theyre in the armed forces?

Some veterans can be ********s as well. Why should I respect them?

:K:

this is not you! :s-smilie:
It just depends if I end up getting one :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending