Original post by ttaylor17
That's the question, what do you think?

bully.

you must be superior to be the bully.
Reply 5
Original post by thisistheend
bully.

you must be superior to be the bully.

Depends on who is mentally weaker because of it... It'd be easier to manage and help the less hurt
Reply 6
Most people encounter both. It's a vicious cycle of being bullied, and then bullying younger people because it happened to you
The bully without a doubt.

One thing I always tell my kids, if someone calls them a name they don't like give that person a slap on the face, if that person doesn't stop slap the other side and break his or her nose. Also told the elder 2 daughters if ever some does any type of unwanted contact use that martial arts I had long trained them in and kick or knee those boys in the groin.

If that got them in trouble I will go to their school and solve it and if it requires some money then some money shall be paid.

The last 2 fights ended with 1 boy being hospitalized at the urology unit and the other crying like a baby after finding out he wasn't so tough after all.
Bullied, that way I'd know that I hadn't failed as a parent. A victim isn't to blame.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Bullied, that way I'd know that I hadn't failed as a parent. A victim isn't to blame.

Yes they are. They are too weak.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin

This tbh. A lot of the people who bullied at school, turned out to do very bad for themselves. Id much rather my (hypothetical) kid be bullied, come out really nice, well paid, etc... instead of the bully, who has a superiority complex, who would never make it in the real world (At least for professional jobs)

Middle class (hypothetical) parent in me says no :biggrin:
I'd rather my child be the alpha kid who defends the bullied child.
Reply 12
Be the Bully
Original post by Arkasia
I'd rather my child be the alpha kid who defends the bullied child.

Tbf, this is probably better than I guess!
Original post by stoltguyboo
Sorry i have to agree the bully also.

Original post by DarkMagic
I would rather they were the bully too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Maid Marian
I would rather they were the bully.

I know that's the incorrect answer. :shot:

What about if one day some group of people gang up on your child and stabs him?
The bully. So long as I hear about it and am allowed to mentally torture him until he learns the error of his ways.
Reply 16
It's kinda shocking and saddening how many people would rather their child be the bully
Genuinely can't understand the logic behind wanting your child to be a bully. I'd rather my child was bullied because then

a) knowing how it feels, they wouldn't bully anyone else
b) as a victim, you can recover yourself and use it to become a better person, whereas bullies don't ever change and continue their bad habits into adulthood
and c) being bullied suggests often that the victim is 'unique' or stands out for some reason which is usually a positive but is being used against them - I'd rather that my child was 'special' than a sh***y person.

Obviously I wouldn't want my child to experience bullying, but I'd rather they experienced bullying and it made them a stronger person than they were a bully. Agree with the above - bullying is not the victim's fault for being 'weak' and if you think it is, there's a strong chance you're a bully yourself.
Reply 18
Original post by de_monies
This tbh. A lot of the people who bullied at school, turned out to do very bad for themselves. Id much rather my (hypothetical) kid be bullied, come out really nice, well paid, etc... instead of the bully, who has a superiority complex, who would never make it in the real world (At least for professional jobs)

Middle class (hypothetical) parent in me says no :biggrin:

I think that's wishful thinking to be honest. Lots of bullies are very smart as well as popular and end up being very successful. In fact some of the marks of successful bullying are to lead others on, and to manipulate adults into believing you are in the right and the victim is in the wrong. These are transferable skills that are very useful in most jobs, especially leadership positions.

I can't decide on an answer to the original question. I think almost all children can easily become bullies in certain circumstances, so I'd probably choose "bully" (reluctantly) as I think it's fairly "normal" child behaviour that every good parent has to address and deal with anyway at some point. Being a victim is much more traumatic for the child.
(edited 9 years ago)
I agree with people saying there may be psychical affects from bulling that people do not recover from but I'd much rather my child be be bullied than be the bully. I know that sounds stupid and I guess you could say they could get seriously injured but at least I'll know as a parent that my child wasn't the bully but the victim. They were the good person in all of this. I'd be much more prouder as a mother to know my child was being bullied and still not result to bullying back than my child being the bully. I'd probably dislike my child if they constantly bullied others but if I knew they were being bullied we might just be that much more closer... Just a thought I guess!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending