The Student Room Group

Father Invites Daughter’s Rapist Over For Dinner Then Murders him

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I think a lot of people are extremely ignorant of the Indian justice system, or its failings. I am sure those two would have lived their whole life without facing any repercussions for this.

At least one felt some, deservedly so. Really cannot overstate how sick rape is, and how there can be no tolerance to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by joey11223
If he'd mutilated the genitals then dragged him to the police station I'd have said consider letting him go, not as if the guy wouldn't have got a beating in the jail cell anyway. But murdering someone is being judge, jury and executor, we have a legal system so there isn't the chaos of endless vigilante justice.

As a Mum I would smash is head and private parts but not kill him.
If you guys don't have children you can't understand that degree of ANGER.
Our babies we are talking about here!!
Reply 42
I hope he killed the right guy...
As much as I may want to torture and murder my daughter's rapist, that sort of behaviour isn't right. It was murder in the form of revenge, not justice, and he should be punished for taking the law into his own hands so brutally. Perhaps if he'd beaten the guy up, I'd let him off, but torture followed by murder is a step too far.

So no, not "job well done, Dad."

The people of TSR worry me sometimes (although some of you were level-headed, logical and mature enough to condemn it, which I salute).
How do we know the girl was telling the truth and didn't make it up?
Reply 45
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS

Yeah because getting raped is so cool. So much to gain. Especially in Indian society, everyone loves a rape victim there :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't forget that this is India. Very few rape convictions, women are made to feel the guilty ones if they come forward and their family is 'shamed'. I imagine this contributed to the father's decision to take things into his own hands. I don't think he should have killed him but maybe he was right to do something, as long as the daughter was sure he was the perp.
Original post by Ggmu!
Yeah because getting raped is so cool. So much to gain. Especially in Indian society, everyone loves a rape victim there :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't be the first time a woman lied about being raped, whether it's to get back at a guy, cover herself or just because some people are sick.
Reply 48
Wouldn't be the first time a woman lied about being raped, whether it's to get back at a guy, cover herself or just because some people are sick.

This isn't the UK, this isn't British culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reluire
No he certainly shouldn't. That kind of logic supports the premise that people should take justice into their own hands regardless of the law.

What concerns me is that the father tortured and murdered the alleged rapist. He could have been wrong. And even if he didn't, this was a disgusting crime. India doesn't look kindly on rape at all either, so he would have got what was coming to him anyway if he was guilty.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Agree. If it was in a country that didn't take rape seriously, and that man was certainly the rapist, the dad did the right thing imo.
But it wasn't, so yeah I think he deserves to go to jail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by Reluire

People make mistakes. It's easy in traumatic experiences for details like appearance to become quite hazy.

Very unlikely.
Original post by Reluire
No he certainly shouldn't. That kind of logic supports the premise that people should take justice into their own hands regardless of the law.

What concerns me is that the father tortured and murdered the alleged rapist. He could have been wrong. And even if he didn't, this was a disgusting crime. India doesn't look kindly on rape at all either, so he would have got what was coming to him anyway if he was guilty.

That's true, but I'm sure he knew that and didn't care.
According to TSR:

Rape > Murder

WAT?

Shh

You're never supposed to question a rape victim even if their story is dubious. This is TSR 101. Come on now. :wink:
Reply 54
He probably got more justice for his daughter than from the police. Taking rape cases seriously is something the Indian police are not known for.
Original post by Reluire

No he shouldnt be punished for protecting someone he loves & making sure some scumbag like that rapist doesnt go out and rape a million more innocent girls!... The dads right... Lets be honest every boy would do the same to make sure nothing like that happens to his daughter again.
While I'm shedding no tears for the rapist, the girl's father committed torture and murder, and should be punished accordingly. The intent behind it is irrelevant, as if you start saying 'murder and torture is wrong except in these circumstances', then you don't have justice, but revenge.

That said, I can certainly understand the Father's pain and anger, and if I was the Judge, I'd probably give him the most lenient sentence the law allowed, given the emotional distress he was under, and that he's unlikely to be a danger to the general public, but he still has to face justice. The rapist was someone's family too, and losing someone to death is different to losing them to prison.

I posted a comment to this effect last night on a newspaper site when this story first broke, and I was practically the only one with this view, and practically got called a rapist myself just for having this view! :eek:
Reply 57
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
Having sex with someone without their permission is worse than murdering someone. The dad should be set free.

Erm, no.
Vigilantism is morally acceptable where the system of law and order is incompetent and/or corrupt.

India's law and order system is broken, thus vigilantism can be justified. Good on this man.
Original post by JACKIEKENNEDY
http://bossip.com/1057598/fair-or-too-foul-father-invites-daughters-rapist-over-for-dinner-then-sets-his-peen-on-fire-and-murders-him/

Father Invites Daughter’s Rapist Over For Dinner Then Kills Him Via My Fox 8 reports: A father invited his 14-year-old daughter’s alleged rapist over for dinner and then burned his genitals with heated tongs before strangling him to death. The Indian Express reported that the 36-year-old father in India was getting revenge on his underage daughter’s 45-year-old rapist. “He served him dinner,” an officer told the Indian Express. “After the meal, the father overpowered the man and tied him to a chair. He got heated tongs and burned the supplier’s genitals before strangling him to death. He came to the police station and surrendered himself.” The 45-year-old alleged rapist is suspected as being one of two people that raped the young victim a few months ago when she was home alone. The rapist allegedly told his victim not to tell anyone, but she reportedly told her father the same day. The father will face murder charges. He admitted to the murder and said he had been planning it since he found out about the rape. Give this dad an award! - See more at: http://bossip.com/1057598/fair-or-too-foul-father-invites-daughters-rapist-over-for-dinner-then-sets-his-peen-on-fire-and-murders-him/#sthash.yMHy80gI.dpuf

Job Well Done DAD!!!!!

Law means nothing to some, may as well sack the police, lawyers and judges and let Anarchy ensue. Are you American by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending