The Student Room Group

Help!

I've sent my UCAS form off but there's an error!

I've put the option that I've got qualifications higher than a degree, when I clearly haven't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
I've sent my UCAS form off but there's an error!

I've put the option that I've got qualifications higher than a degree, when I clearly haven't!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can ask UCAS to change this for you, see:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2113025,

which says:

Mistakes on the Form (and it's gone to UCAS already)

typos/other mistakes in the PS: there's nothing you can about this now, and it really isn't worth wasting any energy on worrying about it. It's not going to mean that your application is rejected outright.

Exam grades/plans: if you have made any errors (wrong grades, wrong exam board etc) notify UCAS and the unis immediately. You agreed to do this when you submitted your form. Unis can withdraw or change an offer if it turns out that the information you gave was wrong.

uni and/or course choices: you have 7 days in which to correct any errors/change your mind; after that you are stuck with it. So make sure you check your ‘welcome’ letter from UCAS carefully and contact them at once if there is a problem. Remember that you can only change a choice if a decision has not been made, so don't delay. Some unis reply very quickly! Also remember that a choice substituted after the relevant deadline will be treated as a late application, so you would need to check with the uni concerned that your application will still be considered.

Fee Status: notify UCAS and the unis if this has changed immediately.

UCAS might tell you that they have already forwarded your application on to your choices, in which case you might also need to notify each university.
Reply 2
Original post by Holmstock
You can ask UCAS to change this for you, see:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2113025,

which says:

Mistakes on the Form (and it's gone to UCAS already)

typos/other mistakes in the PS: there's nothing you can about this now, and it really isn't worth wasting any energy on worrying about it. It's not going to mean that your application is rejected outright.

Exam grades/plans: if you have made any errors (wrong grades, wrong exam board etc) notify UCAS and the unis immediately. You agreed to do this when you submitted your form. Unis can withdraw or change an offer if it turns out that the information you gave was wrong.

uni and/or course choices: you have 7 days in which to correct any errors/change your mind; after that you are stuck with it. So make sure you check your ‘welcome’ letter from UCAS carefully and contact them at once if there is a problem. Remember that you can only change a choice if a decision has not been made, so don't delay. Some unis reply very quickly! Also remember that a choice substituted after the relevant deadline will be treated as a late application, so you would need to check with the uni concerned that your application will still be considered.

Fee Status: notify UCAS and the unis if this has changed immediately.

UCAS might tell you that they have already forwarded your application on to your choices, in which case you might also need to notify each university.

Is this a bad mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
Is this a bad mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, but it is probably not a bad mistake, and in any case is better dealt with now, before your finance application goes in (no finance for those who already hold a degree level qualification). When you contact UCAS, you could ask them how many people get that box wrong - my guess is that it is a small percentage, adding up to a lot of applicants!

Actually, I saw a video recently where an applications tutor showed the version of the UCAS form that goes to the universities, and it is possible that this is a piece of information that is not forwarded.

I'll have a look this evening and see if I can locate it again.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I don't know, but it is probably not a bad mistake, and in any case is better dealt with now, before your finance application goes in (no finance for those who already hold a degree level qualification). When you contact UCAS, you could ask them how many people get that box wrong - my guess is that it is a small percentage, adding up to a lot of applicants!

Actually, I saw a video recently where an applications tutor showed the version of the UCAS form that goes to the universities, and it is possible that this is a piece of information that is not forwarded.

I'll have a look this evening and see if I can locate it again.

It's fine now! My college hasn't sent it off yet so I can change it

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good, good luck with the application :smile:
Reply 6
That's good, good luck with the application :smile:

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending