The Student Room Group

Anyone doing their grade 5 theory tomorrow??

So thought I'd make a thread about the grade 5 music theory that's happening tomorrow... I'm pooing myself!! :no:

I've pretty much self taught the whole syllabus to myself so wouldn't be surprised if I scraped a pass

Anyone else scared??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hehe I did it 2 weeks ago. Don't panic, it's really simple, just take your time: you've got 2 whole hours!
I did my grade 5 theory this Saturday!

There's nothing to worry about, just know your scales, Italian terms, intervals, cadences etc. and you should be fine. :smile:

How do you feel about the music composition section?
Oh yeah, for the composition section, if you don't know how to do it, just finish it. They'll give you 5/15 even if it's a rubbish melody (e.g. just one note repeated)
Reply 4
Original post by ChocoCoco
I did my grade 5 theory this Saturday!

There's nothing to worry about, just know your scales, Italian terms, intervals, cadences etc. and you should be fine. :smile:

How do you feel about the music composition section?

Idi if its the same paper but are the Italian terms hard?

And I think I'll be alright with the composition bit.. I'm hoping to pick up most of the marks through a bit of ornamentation etc

Hopefully its nothing too difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Hehe I did it 2 weeks ago. Don't panic, it's really simple, just take your time: you've got 2 whole hours!

Hahaha thank you!
Is it easy to pick up marks on the composition bit? :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 286001
Hahaha thank you!
Is it easy to pick up marks on the composition bit? :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah just finish it and make sure you include diminuendos, crecendos, piano, forte, expressive ect etc
Original post by 286001
Idi if its the same paper but are the Italian terms hard?

And I think I'll be alright with the composition bit.. I'm hoping to pick up most of the marks through a bit of ornamentation etc

Hopefully its nothing too difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Italian terms aren't too hard. If the paper is different, then look out for German words or French words (just a heads up).

Other than that, you seem sorted. Good luck in your exam! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by 286001
So thought I'd make a thread about the grade 5 music theory that's happening tomorrow... I'm pooing myself!! :no:

I've pretty much self taught the whole syllabus to myself so wouldn't be surprised if I scraped a pass

Anyone else scared??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I took the exam yesterday too, I thought it was OK, no clue what beaming is but just had a go. I was lucky I did a lot of practice papers and knew which order i was going to do the paper in so I practically did it backwards, so Q1 was last thank God it was the worst question of all, but I just need that magic 66%

Good Luck to you all

Silv
When are results published?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending