The Student Room Group

vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by h0ffers
Hi guys! I was wondering if there's anyone else thinking of applying for vet nursing in 2015? (or even people who have applied for 2014!)

I just want to know which colleges/unis you're looking at and what you think about them?
To date I've been to RVC and Harper Adams and have open days booked for Nottingham Trent and Middlesex :smile: thanks!

I'm applying :smile: looking at RVC as my first choice, with Harper Adams and Hartpury..thinking about Edinburgh Napier although at the moment, i'm not so keen. Haven't been to any open days, but i guess i'll just wait for interviews :smile: How are people finding their personal statement
Reply 21
Hi!

I have been to RVC and thought it was nice! But I think my top 3 at the moment are Nottingham Trent, Hartpury and Harper Adams (the only problem is they're all quite far away from my home!)haha :tongue:

My personal statement seems to be going ok (I think!) I have done my first draft but I really need to rewrite it and adds bits in that I think would be useful :smile: Personally I think the key is to emphasise that we know what vet nursing entails so they know we'd be fit for the course :smile:
Hi everyone!:biggrin: Didnt know there was a VN 2015 hopeful thread yet! Really liked RVC and Hartpury! Struggling with my PS though, only just done my first draft and i know i'm not too happy with it! But hopefully my mentor will be able to give me some points!
Hi guys! I'm also a Vet Nurse hopeful! I have just sent my application form off tonight! My first choice is Nottingham Trent! My boyfriend lives there so it's perfect! The course there looks so good at NTU so I hope I get an offer!

I'm doing my work experience in Companion Care at the moment! I'm doing a yearly placement with them which is brilliant and I love it there! I have looked into the apprenticeship route, I know a couple of vets which are taking on some apprentices but I'm looking into the academic route first!:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Jamie_11_x
Hi guys! I'm also a Vet Nurse hopeful! I have just sent my application form off tonight! My first choice is Nottingham Trent! My boyfriend lives there so it's perfect! The course there looks so good at NTU so I hope I get an offer!

I'm doing my work experience in Companion Care at the moment! I'm doing a yearly placement with them which is brilliant and I love it there! I have looked into the apprenticeship route, I know a couple of vets which are taking on some apprentices but I'm looking into the academic route first!:smile:

Hiya! I'm thinking about going to Nottingham Trent too, really liked it at the open day! :smile: I've done 3 weeks at a vets in total(but I'm having doubts that that's not enough :/ ) but I have some work experience arranged at a zoological gardens next year which I'm really excited about!
Just out of curiosity where else have you applied to? :smile:
Original post by h0ffers
Hiya! I'm thinking about going to Nottingham Trent too, really liked it at the open day! :smile: I've done 3 weeks at a vets in total(but I'm having doubts that that's not enough :/ ) but I have some work experience arranged at a zoological gardens next year which I'm really excited about!
Just out of curiosity where else have you applied to? :smile:

Two weeks is stated as a minimum requirement however, I've done three weeks so far but I am at the vets until July 2015.

I've only applied for NTU and Duchy College but I can always add more later :tongue:
Just got a conditional offer from Duchy for vet nursing ^.^
Reply 27
Just got a conditional offer from Duchy for vet nursing ^.^

Congratulations! You must be relieved! :biggrin:
Original post by h0ffers
Congratulations! You must be relieved! :biggrin:

Thank you!! ^.^
I am relieved but I'm wanting nottingham Trent to give me an offer I'm so nervous!
Reply 29
Original post by h0ffers
Hi guys! I was wondering if there's anyone else thinking of applying for vet nursing in 2015? (or even people who have applied for 2014!)

I just want to know which colleges/unis you're looking at and what you think about them?
To date I've been to RVC and Harper Adams and have open days booked for Nottingham Trent and Middlesex :smile: thanks!

Currently I've only been to Nottingham Trent open day and it was really impressive and I really liked it, I'm considering Myerscough College and Askham Bryan as my first two options then Nottingham Trent and harper Adams and Middlesex or something like that as myerscough and askham are closer to home. :smile:
Reply 30
Hiii:redface:

I didn't realise there was a thread for 2015 VN applicants:colondollar:

I've applied to Harper Adams, Nottingham Trent, Edinburgh Napier, RVC and Middlesex!

I've got an interview at Harper on 19th December but the rest are still processing:frown:

Good luck to all of you x
Original post by beth16x
Hiii:redface:

I didn't realise there was a thread for 2015 VN applicants:colondollar:

I've applied to Harper Adams, Nottingham Trent, Edinburgh Napier, RVC and Middlesex!

I've got an interview at Harper on 19th December but the rest are still processing:frown:

Good luck to all of you x

I got an offer for veterinary science at Lincoln, but I got a rejection from Nottingham Trent earlier today because of insufficient work experience which I'm devastated but I've sent an email because I have 3 weeks in a practice and I have a yearly placement in a vets so I wanted to clear it up (as they stated 2 weeks on their website)! If they do not reconsider my application I'll be firming Lincoln, but i've had my heart on NTU for so long so I'm gutted :frown:
Reply 32
I got an offer for veterinary science at Lincoln, but I got a rejection from Nottingham Trent earlier today because of insufficient work experience which I'm devastated but I've sent an email because I have 3 weeks in a practice and I have a yearly placement in a vets so I wanted to clear it up (as they stated 2 weeks on their website)! If they do not reconsider my application I'll be firming Lincoln, but i've had my heart on NTU for so long so I'm gutted :frown:

I had a look at the Lincoln course too - love the Uni and the course sounds really good too!

I'm so sorry to hear about Trent:frown: They should definitely reconsider your application, you've got more than enough work experience!! I'm so nervous now because overall I have a similar length of experience to you:s-smilie: I hope it all works out for you!

Where else have you applied?
Original post by beth16x
I had a look at the Lincoln course too - love the Uni and the course sounds really good too!

I'm so sorry to hear about Trent:frown: They should definitely reconsider your application, you've got more than enough work experience!! I'm so nervous now because overall I have a similar length of experience to you:s-smilie: I hope it all works out for you!

Where else have you applied?

I applied for veterinary nursing at Plymouth uni and animal biology at Nottingham Trent - I have conditional offers for those of my offers except the vet nursing at NTU which I hope can be reconsidered
Reply 34
I applied for veterinary nursing at Plymouth uni and animal biology at Nottingham Trent - I have conditional offers for those of my offers except the vet nursing at NTU which I hope can be reconsidered

I really hope it gets reconsidered:smile:
Hi everyone!
I have an interview TOMORROW at Harper for Biovet Sci. I was just wondering if anyone else has had an interview for Biovet or an interview at Harper, what sort of questions did they ask?
Also, did you bring anything with you eg certificates or id?
Thanks!
Reply 36
Original post by fayeburnell
Hi everyone!
I have an interview TOMORROW at Harper for Biovet Sci. I was just wondering if anyone else has had an interview for Biovet or an interview at Harper, what sort of questions did they ask?
Thanks!

Hello:redface:

This probably won't be much help but I have an interview in December for Vet Nursing! I've been told to take original GCSE certificates and a passport sized photos! I was told to be prepared for questions such as why I want to do the course, my ambitions and things about my work exp and whats been in the news - even though we're doing different courses these may be some sort of foundation:-)

Best of luck!!
Original post by fayeburnell
Hi everyone!
Thanks!

Good luck with biovet interview! Did you apply for biovet anywhere else? I applied for it at Lincoln and got a conditional offer :3
Reply 38
Hi guys :smile:
Got a conditional offer from Nottingham Trent but it was for BSc Animal Biology when I had applied for FdSc Vet Nursing which was quite annoying. But I applied for the BSc at Hartpury, RVC, Harper Adams and Bristol and already got interviews for Hartpury and Bristol :biggrin: just waiting on RVC which is my top choice and need to send off work experience references to HA before they can consider me.
Any interview tips if people have had them already?
Reply 39
Original post by Sopheen
Hi guys :smile:
Got a conditional offer from Nottingham Trent but it was for BSc Animal Biology when I had applied for FdSc Vet Nursing which was quite annoying. But I applied for the BSc at Hartpury, RVC, Harper Adams and Bristol and already got interviews for Hartpury and Bristol :biggrin: just waiting on RVC which is my top choice and need to send off work experience references to HA before they can consider me.
Any interview tips if people have had them already?

Hey:redface:

Congratulations on your interviews I bet you're so pleased! I'm still waiting for RVC, Napier and Middlesex, andI haven't heard anything from Trent (except asking me dates of one of my work exp):frown:

I haven't had any interviews yet, my first one is in December at Harper but the best thing to do is be honest (as simple as it sounds:colondollar:) Also, Harper told me to be aware of things in the news relating to the profession and to be prepared to talk about my work experience and things in my personal statement! There's a video on youtube that Bristol Uni uploaded about Vet Med interviews which includes tips, so I'm sure it'll be the same for Vet Nursing:redface: Hope this helps:redface:

Best of luck with the interviews, hope you get an offer from RVC!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending