The Student Room Group

Who is the best footballer in history?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It's definitely not Messi, as C. Ronaldo is better than him atm. I think Messi reached his peak in 2011, while CR is on his peak right now.
Paul Scholes.
Original post by Lewlath
Has to be Ronaldo, he's always improving unlike almost any other player, who when peaks slowly slide down the pecking order. I do think Messi and Maradona ect are more talented but talent doesn't mean you're the best.

Only MU fans think Ronaldo is even close to Messi.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Well he played for Bolton, Arsenal and Birmingham City, so no big clubs.

He should've proved himself in a different league. Maybe moved to Hearts?

I have no idea what you just said to me. I'm not really interested in football.
Original post by President Putin
I have no idea what you just said to me. I'm not really interested in football.

Did you see this Muamba goal?
Reply 65
Jose Callejon
Did you see this Muamba goal?

He still scores goals?
The best footballer in my life who I have ever seen playing football was Zidane, so much better than the overrestimated Messi.
Original post by Kallisto
The best footballer in my life who I have ever seen playing football was Zidane, so much better than the overrestimated Messi.

I'm glad somebody said this, because I was waiting to say Iniesta > Zidane.

Please believe it.
pele for sure
I'm glad somebody said this, because I was waiting to say Iniesta > Zidane.

Please believe it.

Iniesta is very very good, without a doubt. In terms of creativity and passing game they are awesome, but in terms of individual skills, especially in techniques, Zidane is better. More unpredictable to be exact.
Reply 71
Only MU fans think Ronaldo is even close to Messi.

I'm an Aston Villa fan and Messi is definitely more talented no doubt about it, but in terms of work rate and constant self improvement and also constantly on top of his game Ronaldo comes out on top.
Reply 72
Dennis Bergkamp
Reply 73
Original post by Shahdog
Dennis Bergkamp

Amazing player but I can name many better attackers not even listed eg Van Basten, Suarez, Cantona etc
Original post by Kallisto
Iniesta is very very good, without a doubt. In terms of creativity and passing game they are awesome, but in terms of individual skills, especially in techniques, Zidane is better. More unpredictable to be exact.

Both great players. Zidane was piss poor for quite a while towards the end of his career. People need to take the nostalgia glasses off.

Original post by Lewlath
I'm an Aston Villa fan and Messi is definitely more talented no doubt about it, but in terms of work rate and constant self improvement and also constantly on top of his game Ronaldo comes out on top.

You've ended your own argument here. Put a football on some grass -- who is the better footballer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuGGDYWZP5U

This whole video is disgusting. I honestly can't believe what he does at times.

3:18 & 5:35.

**** me. I am going to cry when Lionel Messi stops playing football.
Pfft. me of course. :wink:
^ Mods do your thing. Move to the football forum.
Reply 77
Wow, anyone who thinks Ronaldinho was not the greatest footballer ever does not have a functioning brain.
Can a mod move this thread to the football forum? It's attracting idiots.

Will get someone on it now.

On another note, why are so many people naming players who they've never seen play? Given the age demographic of a place like this, it's likely that lots of people on here never got to see players like Ronaldo, Zidane, Laudrup & Bergkamp in their primes never mind Maradona, Cruyff, Eusebio, Beckenbauer etc.
Original post by sr90
On another note, why are so many people naming players who they've never seen play? Given the age demographic of a place like this, it's likely that lots of people on here never got to see players like Ronaldo, Zidane, Laudrup & Bergkamp in their primes never mind Maradona, Cruyff, Eusebio, Beckenbauer etc.

Yep. Was going to say the same thing, see my first post. I just about remember Ronaldo's Barca career, by the time he played in Italy you'd watch on channel 4 on a Sunday, the Italian football was regularly screened and at that time nobody came close.

When you're comparing players through the ages and before your lifetime, the only thing you can go by is the history books though (hence my Pele opinions).

Quick Reply

Latest