I've got D1 followed by FP2 .... *loads shotgun*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I have G484, F325(like g485 of chem) and then finishing FP1

Or I have a test for one of them... Maybe chem
Original post by TLHroolz
Not for meeeee! Currently in Florida :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colonhash: be gone
I just get fed up with it. Find it rather moronic. Stuff like bubblesort :angry: so longwinded and frustrating
Original post by rachelc142
I just get fed up with it. Find it rather moronic. Stuff like bubblesort :angry: so longwinded and frustrating

Again, frustration doesn't help :lol:

I always think about how incredible maths is - it's a language we've invented and it's based on axioms. The way everything 'works' is just amazing. I rarely ever get frustrated with maths but that's what I always think about when I do :smile:
Did differentation today :woo:

Better than Arith series

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else finished g484
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Anyone else finished g484

We haven't actually finished SHM but I'd say I have yeah.

Because it's just damping left and that's common sense
Is there any other year 13 who was completely laid back during year 12, didn't put in any effort and is now stuck with low grades for their abilities and is stressing about UCAS applications?

I wish I'd worked last year but the only thing I can do about it now is to work harder than ever and retake half my AS exams
We started polar co-ordinates today in fp2 (edexcel), and I don't want to tempt fate... but it seemed ok...

Posted from TSR Mobile
We started polar co-ordinates today in fp2 (edexcel), and I don't want to tempt fate... but it seemed ok...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh you're gonna have such fun :wink: r theta r theta r theta

They make quite nice patterns
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh you're gonna have such fun :wink: r theta r theta r theta

They make quite nice patterns

Yeahh!
I had fun today trying to derive r^2=a^2cos2theta from the cosine graph using identities
So clever

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

is that hard? my maths teacher said thats the hardest part in fp2.. btw i found m2 very hard! hate it soooo much!
Original post by sijialu
is that hard? my maths teacher said thats the hardest part in fp2.. btw i found m2 very hard! hate it soooo much!

My maths teacher says that too; so far the principles are ok but I can imagine the algebra gets tricky later on with areas etc.
I found m2 hard too, resitting this year :frown:
So far in fp2 all I've fully understood is method of differences and parts of further complex numbers& trig. I feel like until c3 and 4 are out of the way I won't fully feel confident with Taylor and maclaurin series. Havent even looked at dif. equations yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im resitting c3 this year...I finished complex number and doing diff equation and maclaurin series i am not good at that tbh... the hwk took me ages lol I quite enjoy complex number. Diff equation is ok you will be fine.
My maths teacher says that too; so far the principles are ok but I can imagine the algebra gets tricky later on with areas etc.
I found m2 hard too, resitting this year :frown:
So far in fp2 all I've fully understood is method of differences and parts of further complex numbers& trig. I feel like until c3 and 4 are out of the way I won't fully feel confident with Taylor and maclaurin series. Havent even looked at dif. equations yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeahh!
I had fun today trying to derive r^2=a^2cos2theta from the cosine graph using identities
So clever

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL I have no idea what u guys are talking about...hopefully i will be ok with them! our teacher is aiming to finish fp2 by xmas holiday.
Original post by sijialu
Im resitting c3 this year...I finished complex number and doing diff equation and maclaurin series i am not good at that tbh... the hwk took me ages lol I quite enjoy complex number. Diff equation is ok you will be fine.

Good luck! Yeah I don't mind complex numbers now :smile: ahh thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys i need advice. I always dreamed to becoming a dentist. last summer when i got my results i was shocked. i had a breakdown. it felt like i have nothing. in a really stupid way i felt so lost. so then i had to start thinking about a backup. my family suggested pharmacy. after going for some work experience i realized how much i wouldn't like it. i had to other option but to start thinking about applying for pharmacy because i had nothing else and the deadline was approaching. my personal statement is nearly done and my deadline for ucas is in 2 weeks. i have so much going on like coursework and mock exams. i feel so stressed. my predicted grades are too low for most things. i feel like i have been pressured into pharmcy not just by my family but my friends and teachers. i cant deal with this at all. what i'm most worried about is getting rejected which will destroy my confidence near the exam time. i cant explain to anyone how i feel right now. what do i do? should i not apply now?
Original post by abida.I
Hi guys i need advice. I always dreamed to becoming a dentist. last summer when i got my results i was shocked. i had a breakdown. it felt like i have nothing. in a really stupid way i felt so lost. so then i had to start thinking about a backup. my family suggested pharmacy. after going for some work experience i realized how much i wouldn't like it. i had to other option but to start thinking about applying for pharmacy because i had nothing else and the deadline was approaching. my personal statement is nearly done and my deadline for ucas is in 2 weeks. i have so much going on like coursework and mock exams. i feel so stressed. my predicted grades are too low for most things. i feel like i have been pressured into pharmcy not just by my family but my friends and teachers. i cant deal with this at all. what i'm most worried about is getting rejected which will destroy my confidence near the exam time. i cant explain to anyone how i feel right now. what do i do? should i not apply now?

First of all, take deep breaths. It's going to be okay. You will get through this and I promise you, you can deal with this.
Forget your chances of being rejected and your predicted grades and what the people around you think - is pharmacy something you're interested in?
Remember, there's no law saying you NEED to apply this year - if you're not sure what you're interested in, that's okay, you can finish your A levels (and possibly come out with higher grades than the ones you're predicted), spend a year doing something else (travelling, work experience, getting a job - your choice really) and apply next September to a course you know you want to do, rather than applying in a panic now.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think I have G484, F325(like g485 of chem) and then finishing FP1

Or I have a test for one of them... Maybe chem

:colonhash: be gone

Nope :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still there?
Do you guys think being clever (here, it means a logical thinker that understands new concepts with greater ease than most others) is nature or nurture?

Latest