The Student Room Group

Scraped a B in Maths, what do?

(srs)
got a B in AS. then i realised i want to study maths at uni, i know i can do better if i put in more effort and retake core 2 etc

is there not point me applying to universities which ask for an A in maths, when my predicted and actual is a B?

what do? pls halp
Original post by whowasfone
(srs)
got a B in AS. then i realised i want to study maths at uni, i know i can do better if i put in more effort and retake core 2 etc

is there not point me applying to universities which ask for an A in maths, when my predicted and actual is a B?

what do? pls halp

Contact unis as you may be at a disadvantage, but if you have further maths, that might help
Reply 2
Original post by lightningdoritos
Contact unis as you may be at a disadvantage, but if you have further maths, that might help
im yet to contact any unis, dont know what to put/ask (lol)
i dont do further maths either, but i just ****ed up core 2 because i had bad diarrhea on core 2 exam day lol and i missed like 20 minutes because i was taking a ****
is this a case of me pestering my teachers for an A predicted grade?
Original post by whowasfone
im yet to contact any unis, dont know what to put/ask (lol)
i dont do further maths either, but i just ****ed up core 2 because i had bad diarrhea on core 2 exam day lol and i missed like 20 minutes because i was taking a ****
is this a case of me pestering my teachers for an A predicted grade?

Just ask them whether they they will accept you with a B in Maths. What about your other modules?
Reply 4
Original post by lightningdoritos
Just ask them whether they they will accept you with a B in Maths. What about your other modules?
they were good, A in core 1 and stats, but they were both considerably easier if im honest. im retaking core 2 to get at least 90 ums this time.
i will hit up some unis and ask

Quick Reply

Latest