The Student Room Group

15 year old Army Cadet set on fire for selling poppies

Scroll to see replies

The perpetrator was supposedly drunk so I doubt it was a Radical Muslim.
Original post by Profesh
Describing the perpetrator as "Asian or black" (whatever the **** that means) is itself tantamount to a hate-crime.

Lol hardly. The perp was wearing a hoodie with the hood up, thus I assume possibly concealing his face somewhat. If the victim just saw skin tone and nothing else, it's hardly "a hate crime" to say "they had dark skin/ were Asian/Black". I mean if you want would "not of Caucasian ethnicity" be acceptable? But a 15 yr old kid is more likely to say the former than that.
This makes me sad :frown: hope they catch the attackers.
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
I'm going to go for Pakistani Muslim.

tbh it's almost a certainty.
Oh but we must not forget multiculturalism is soooooooooo greaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

The fact they come to our country and we end up with MULTIple CULTURes because they don't want to adapt to our culture isn't a problem..... :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Original post by DorianGrayism
The perpetrator was supposedly drunk so I doubt it was a Radical Muslim.

Don't let logic get in the way of bigotry!
Original post by Profesh
The irony of that sentiment being elicited by a comment on the pervasive and unwarranted social stigma arising from over-zealous racial-profiling on the part of the gutter press is simply hilarious

This is the sort of English up with which I will not put.
Original post by Catholic_
Please do not refer to the Nazis as German in that case.

Most people are very careful to make the distinction.
Black, 5ft8, and in Manchester.

Sounds like Chris Smalling was just venting his anger at getting sent off.
Reply 29
Original post by Arkasia
Black, 5ft8, and in Manchester.

Sounds like Chris Smalling was just venting his anger at getting sent off.

Except he's like 6"4'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no, the bloody Hindus are at it again... /sarcasm
Original post by Profesh
Describing the perpetrator as "Asian or black" (whatever the **** that means) is itself tantamount to a hate-crime.

Not really.
Reply 32
Original post by KingBradly
Oh no, the bloody Hindus are at it again... /sarcasm

Which is why they should refrain from saying Asian... Unfair to all those other Asians.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do we know he was set on fire for selling poppies?

Awful crime. Hope the victim recovers and the perpetrator is caught.
Original post by InnerTemple
How do we know he was set on fire for selling poppies?

The description of the perpetrator is a good clue.
Original post by Skip_Snip
The description of the perpetrator is a good clue.

No it isn't. You're just making crude assumptions.
Reply 36
Harrowing.
Reply 37
LOL. What the frick is an 'Asian'. So the gutter press of the UK, thinks Hindus, Sikhs, Sri Lankans, Nepalis, Maldivians, Bhutanese and Burmese are attacking British Soldiers, spewing venom at the UK, and committing sex offenses in Rotherham, eh? Most of us despise the term 'Asian'.

Morons. Tell it how it is, or shut your traps.
Why is everyone getting angry? Some 15 year old got set on fire by some guy who was either Brown or Black, I highly doubt he would have the time and effort to ask the criminal where they were from, or have good enough sociological knowledge to be able to pinpoint their exact country of origin. Besides, when you describe someone as that colour, you aren't saying everyone of that colour is a criminal.

"The suspect is Male, 6"2, White, and wearing a baseball cap"

"Wow you racist prick, nice going, saying that every man (half the population), every white person (could be American, European, British), every tall person, and every baseball supporter is a criminal. Jerk"

"Um...ok."
Reply 39
Original post by Arkasia
Why is everyone getting angry? Some 15 year old got set on fire by some guy who was either Brown or Black, I highly doubt he would have the time and effort to ask the criminal where they were from, or have good enough sociological knowledge to be able to pinpoint their exact country of origin. Besides, when you describe someone as that colour, you aren't saying everyone of that colour is a criminal.

"The suspect is Male, 6"2, White, and wearing a baseball cap"

"Wow you racist prick, nice going, saying that every man (half the population), every white person (could be American, European, British), every tall person, and every baseball supporter is a criminal. Jerk"

"Um...ok."

That's the thing. POC are intelligent enough not to judge an entire race on the actions of a minority. If a white does something wrong, not all whites will get judged for it.

On the other hand........

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending