The Student Room Group

Why is marijuana illegal?

Any scientific evidences that clearly and coherently shows that marijuana is a more damaging drug than current legal drugs such as tobacco and alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by watchmen98
Any scientific evidences that clearly and coherently shows that marijuana is a more damaging drug than current legal drugs such as tobacco and alcohol?

The answer is a resounding no. Both are massively more harmful, in both terms of long term damage and addictive potential.
Reply 2
because David Cameron whitey'd as a kid
poor ol' Camo couldn't handle the amnesia haze
Reply 3
Original post by watchmen98

Why should that be the criteria?

Saying that because it's not as bad as cigarettes it should be legalized is a ridiculous argument. We probably wouldn't legalize cigarettes if they were brought out today, there's no reason to use them as a benchmark.
because politicians don't form policies based off of rational scientific objective reasoning. Drug laws are a perfect example of this.
(edited 9 years ago)
The smell of marijuana is absolutely putrid. For that sole reason it should remain illegal.
Original post by Arithmeticae
because the government can't find a way to squeeze some money out of it

legalizing it (medically) in some states hasn't really been a problem

http://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/5492135

Yest they can. If weed was legal you can guarantee they would tax it like tobacco.

The thing is it aren't half as addictive and is easy to grow your own. Fags are easier to make money out of.
Original post by President Putin
The smell of marijuana is absolutely putrid. For that sole reason it should remain illegal.

But it smells so gosh darn good god dayumit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
But it smells so gosh darn good god dayumit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, you can smoke it all you like... just stay away from me! :tongue:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Yest they can. If weed was legal you can guarantee they would tax it like tobacco.

The thing is it aren't half as addictive and is easy to grow your own. Fags are easier to make money out of.

they can but as you've said cigs and alcohol are better streams of money, perhaps trying to limit it to the stuff that makes most :dontknow:

tbh i would be in favour of legalised with huge taxes
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
because politicians don't form policies based off of rational scientific objective reasoning. Drug laws are a perfect example of this.

This.
Hey, you can smoke it all you like... just stay away from me! :tongue:

I'll chase you whilst smoking it, shooting firecrackers at putins butt lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlphaMolecule
oh no this is going to be full of 24/7 420 blazits who think its harmless and are going to spam dozens of irrelevant 'studies'

Studies actually suggest it can cure an inability to quickscope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by pjm600
Why should that be the criteria?

Saying that because it's not as bad as cigarettes it should be legalized is a ridiculous argument. We probably wouldn't legalize cigarettes if they were brought out today, there's no reason to use them as a benchmark.

The idea of comparing legal drugs with illegal drugs can provide an reasonable argument for this topic. This is due to government banning marijuana simply because it has been said to be harmful for people when its not nearly as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol. The question of "Why not ban cigarettes and alcohol" can be then subjected. Therefore their point is irrelevant and should not be included in any arguments/debates.

woot? its a lot nicer than the smell of drunks and cigarettes.
Original post by SarcasticMel
woot? its a lot nicer than the smell of drunks and cigarettes.

I dislike all three smells combined. But marijuana is absolutely the worst.
Reply 16
Firstly I love the smell but thats a personal opinion. I think it should be legal. You know obviously too much can cause effects to make you die. But at the end of the day like too much of anything can make you die.Even love hurts you knowAnyways alcohol and cigs are just as bad tbh And anyone who has smoked probably never stopped cus its just so damn good
Reply 17
420 blazer detected
Omg 420 as well loooolOkay but is that a bad thing still??
Marijuana has a lot of health benefits. Infact, one of the most health benefits on a natural herb found in this earth. It has proven to kill bad brain cells. I agree to much is damaging. But so is alcohol and tobacco. These two combained results in more deaths than any other cause of death in the UK greatly.
Reply 19
yeah weed isnt dank
Okay I dont even know what dank means.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending