The Student Room Group

Declaring an AS grade with no certificate?

I got an A in an AS subject about two years ago (I'm now about to apply to uni), but I never got a certificate as I did the exam at a different centre (not my school), but I haven't been in contact with them since I did the exam. They emailed me and told me I got an A but I never got the certificate, so can i still declare it on UCAS?
Reply 1
Original post by lightningdoritos
I got an A in an AS subject about two years ago (I'm now about to apply to uni), but I never got a certificate as I did the exam at a different centre (not my school), but I haven't been in contact with them since I did the exam. They emailed me and told me I got an A but I never got the certificate, so can i still declare it on UCAS?

You ought to check it was cashed in, otherwise you won't officially have the grade. Why don't you contact them and try to arrange to collect the certificate (if they haven't destroyed it). They will be delighted to get rid of it.
Original post by Compost
You ought to check it was cashed in, otherwise you won't officially have the grade. Why don't you contact them and try to arrange to collect the certificate (if they haven't destroyed it). They will be delighted to get rid of it.

Okay, will do! If they haven't got it, will Edexcel have it? Can I ask them for it directly?
Reply 3
Okay, will do! If they haven't got it, will Edexcel have it? Can I ask them for it directly?

Centres are allowed to destroy uncollected certificates after a year, but most schools keep them a little longer - or much longer. Even if they have got rid of the certificate they should be able to confirm whether or not you were cashed in.

If they haven't got it and you want a certificate then you need to look on Edxcel's website for Replacement Certificates. However, if you need to follow this route it will cost about £30 to get a new one.
Original post by Compost
Centres are allowed to destroy uncollected certificates after a year, but most schools keep them a little longer - or much longer. Even if they have got rid of the certificate they should be able to confirm whether or not you were cashed in.

If they haven't got it and you want a certificate then you need to look on Edxcel's website for Replacement Certificates. However, if you need to follow this route it will cost about £30 to get a new one.

Okay, will universities actually ask for proof though? I mean, as long as my grade is in the 'system', they can just check and so they won't ask me to show them a certificate will they?
Reply 5
Okay, will universities actually ask for proof though? I mean, as long as my grade is in the 'system', they can just check and so they won't ask me to show them a certificate will they?

Not honestly sure. I know some people have been asked to take AS certs to interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest