The Student Room Group

Can I do an Apprenticeship after finishing college?

Hi, i'm currently in my second and final year of college studying BTEC IT System Support Level 3. I was wondering, is it possible to do an apprenticeship AFTER completing my college course? Almost all advertised apprenticeships state that there is learning on and off the job (so some time is required in college), however what would happen if I have already completed college and got the qualification? Would I still be able to do an apprenticeship? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by naverd01
Hi, i'm currently in my second and final year of college studying BTEC IT System Support Level 3. I was wondering, is it possible to do an apprenticeship AFTER completing my college course? Almost all advertised apprenticeships state that there is learning on and off the job (so some time is required in college), however what would happen if I have already completed college and got the qualification? Would I still be able to do an apprenticeship? Thanks

You can! I completed a BTEC Level 3 at college too, and I'm starting an apprenticeship in December. Usually it depends on the apprenticeship provider; the majority of them do accept people who've already done Level 3/been to college, but some don't.
Of course. The only time you won't be available to do an apprenticeship, for example a level 3, is if you're wanting to do the same qualification. You can do as many level 3 qualifications as you want - they just can't be the same, and of course you need to find a provider.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending