The Student Room Group

Is there any point anymore?

Okay im a slacker, always have been.
I scraped through GCSE's to get into sixth form by the skin of my teeth.
Once there i repeated this by scraping through AS with DDD. I am now doing A2 and just feel no motivation what so ever, i feel confined to this place which i hate and i just want to live my life but realize i need income etc, i have a small job that pays ok. I just know if i finish A2 i'll end up with terrible grades which makes me think if they are even worth having!?
I just hate everything about sixth form and its getting me down, i've been in trouble with attendance also where i bunk off because i hate it so much!
I just really don't know what to do, i don't want to go to uni because i feel everyone goes and i think it has lost it's sentimental value.
I just want to be happy and have a good life, i don't want this.
Any suggestions? :confused:
Reply 1
Don't go to uni then. There's more to life than grades. Like you say everyone seems to go nowadays and it has lost a lot of its value. Getting in 30k of debt to do sociology at Nottingham Trent isn't really worth it. You're better off doing an apprenticeship or just getting a job at a company and working your way up. I would just try to get through your A-levels and pass as for most decent jobs/apprenticeships you need A-levels.
Original post by Harry15
Once there i repeated this by scraping through AS with DDD. I am now doing A2 and just feel no motivation what so ever, i feel confined to this place which i hate and i just want to live my life but realize i need income etc, i have a small job that pays ok. I just know if i finish A2 i'll end up with terrible grades which makes me think if they are even worth having!?
I just hate everything about sixth form and its getting me down, i've been in trouble with attendance also where i bunk off because i hate it so much!
I just really don't know what to do, i don't want to go to uni because i feel everyone goes and i think it has lost it's sentimental value.
I just want to be happy and have a good life, i don't want this.
Any suggestions? :confused:

If you don't want to go to University then don't go to University. There is absolutely no logic behind the current trend of "everybody should go to Uni", it's ridiculous in the extreme.

My suggestion would be to look into apprenticeships. Look at what is available, see if there is anything there that catches your eye. By the sounds of it you would do much better going through that route rather than traditional education as it would get you out of the classroom and into a position where you are doing something practical.
Original post by Harry15

What did you get for your GCSE's?
Reply 4
[QUOTE="jj;51372903" tricky="tricky"]
Original post by Harry15

What did you get for your GCSE's?

4Bs 4Cs and 1D
[QUOTE="Harry15;51373787"]
Original post by tricky jj

4Bs 4Cs and 1D

Thats pretty good actually...

Quick Reply

Latest