The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
I've already cut her off

Mentally you haven't clearly as I said stop thinking about them as part of 'cut her off.'

Put the attentions to another girl, your work and your hobbies, simple as that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Mentally you haven't clearly.

Thought you meant contact/messaging wise..

Obviously I haven't cut her off mentally otherwise I wouldn't be posting this on MISC lol. That's pretty much my problem really, I can't stop thinking about it at times, it's just in my subconscious or habit. I know with time it'll go away hopefully it's just making me sick for the time being

Put the attentions to another girl, your work and your hobbies, simple as that.

Work helps only a tad bit. I'm not really meeting new people though so probably won't meet too many new girls until I go to uni next year, which by then everything should be sorted lol. It's just about getting through this year really.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Thought you meant contact/messaging wise..

Obviously I haven't cut her off mentally otherwise I wouldn't be posting this on MISC lol. That's pretty much my problem really, I can't stop thinking about it at times, it's just in my subconscious or habit. I know with time it'll go away hopefully it's just making me sick for the time being

It's a habit, so you need to break out of it, it's hard but think of the long term goal.

When you feel bad about it, what makes you feel better?

Work helps only a tad bit. I'm not really meeting new people though so probably won't meet too many new girls until I go to uni next year, which by then everything should be sorted lol. It's just about getting through this year really.

I guess so, but then there are other hobbies you can do that doesn't involve girls and can take off your time, talk to a mate, play some football etc you have to occupy your time.
Ever thought of becoming an Agony Aunt Jam?

Original post by AR_95
Thing is I've already done everything to move on but it still doesn't stop. I comprehend that she's not thinking about me and I wish I didn't either tbh. I agree with both of you though that it was mostly routine for the past 2 years so it's probably going to take a bit longer than a few months. I'm honestly sick of it right now though but it probably has to do with the fact that the final few months of it were horrible I guess?

In a few months time you'll probably kick yourself for wasting so much time thinking about her. If the final few months were horrible then that's even more of a reason to forget her quicker. Just look at how horrible it was and think "why should I think about someone that I was unhappy with for the final few months?". You've just got to get yourself into a whole new routine with things and the time that you would have spent with her you should find something else to do.
Latest Gotham episode is the best of the season so far.

Sort of nailed the cross between Nolan's Batman and Burton's campy Batman.
Original post by Deshi

Is it the one about the hitman? (Got it on record:colondollar:)
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Ever thought of becoming an Agony Aunt Jam?

In a few months time you'll probably kick yourself for wasting so much time thinking about her. If the final few months were horrible then that's even more of a reason to forget her quicker. Just look at how horrible it was and think "why should I think about someone that I was unhappy with for the final few months?". You've just got to get yourself into a whole new routine with things and the time that you would have spent with her you should find something else to do.

Yeah if I spent more time sorting out my problems than other people's I'd be doing much better atm.

Got a job finally. Start today. Pretty excited.
Original post by Deshi

Didn't start watching Gotham until a few weeks back - it's wayyyyyy better than I expected.

In particular I think the penguin character is portrayed absolutely perfectly.
Although Alfred is more like a bodyguard than a butler which threw me a little...
Original post by jam277
Yeah if I spent more time sorting out my problems than other people's I'd be doing much better atm.

Nice, which did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sean Paul. Say no more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7510
Original post by jam277

Good stuff, well done! What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Website is dead and we all know why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isometrix
Nice, which did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by sr90
Good stuff, well done! What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just temp work atm.

Working for a recruitment agency but as a resourcer/admin staff. Was tough man but mainly because I went to bed around 2am and work started from 8am. My body clock will defo sort itself out since I'm nackered.
Original post by jam277
Just temp work atm.

Working for a recruitment agency but as a resourcer/admin staff. Was tough man but mainly because I went to bed around 2am and work started from 8am. My body clock will defo sort itself out since I'm nackered.

Ah, well done on getting the job. Your body clock sounds just as messed up as mine! South American football has messed mine up though and will continue to mess it up tonight. Atlético Mineiro play in the cup at midnight and I've got to get up at 6:30am.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Ah, well done on getting the job. Your body clock sounds just as messed up as mine! South American football has messed mine up though and will continue to mess it up tonight. Atlético Mineiro play in the cup at midnight and I've got to get up at 6:30am.

Thanks.

It's a 1 week trial period, but if they're interested they'll take me on for a longer term role. Fingers crossed hopefully.
There's always some kind of bitch involved :colonhash:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
There's always some kind of bitch involved :colonhash:

Just bang his brains out and he's yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Horrible horrible advice
Original post by LosingDogs
Just bang his brains out and he's yours

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha not every girl is like that believe it or not :lol:

Original post by AR_95
Horrible horrible advice

Definitely! :giggle:
Just watching the news now, ACDC chap in court for attempted murder or something or other.

Makes me want to check out their music.

Latest