The Student Room Group

Father Invites Daughter’s Rapist Over For Dinner Then Murders him

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by holocene
Effectuality and ineffectuality aren't qualified by whether something was intended to be effectual. They are qualified simply by whether something can or cannot produce an effect. Courts cannot produce the effect of convicting rapists, so saying they are ineffectual at doing so is entirely accurate.

Only if you place truth an untruth in a binary. I place them on a spectrum.

Dude are you stupid? Quit while you're behind. You're just making yourself look worse than you were already made to look. You're not going to recover so just give up m8.
Reply 101
Original post by joker12345
As I said, she said that every guy would and I very much doubt that's the case - there are some decent, moral people out there who 1) could never kill someone and 2) don't believe in the death penalty.

think about this scenario:

Person A has been raped by person B. Charges have been dropped against person B as there is not enough evidence.

Person A has 2 options:

1) Do nothing and accept person B has got away with it. Person A could be mentally destroyed for life and person B does not suffer one bit for what they done
2) Gets angry and kills their rapist

If they pick 2), does that mean they are not decent and immoral in your view?
Original post by ftr
think about this scenario:

Person A has been raped by person B. Charges have been dropped against person B as there is not enough evidence.

Person A has 2 options:

1) Do nothing and accept person B has got away with it. Person A could be mentally destroyed for life and person B does not suffer one bit for what they done
2) Gets angry and kills their rapist

If they pick 2), does that mean they are not decent and immoral in your view?

Firstly, that hasn't even happened yet. Charges haven't been dropped.
Secondly, there are options in between nothing and murder. I've said before, if he'd stopped at the torture, or had beaten the guy up, I'd probably have let him go. But murder is in no way a justfiable way to respond.
To answer your question though, yes. Premediatated murder as revenge is not a decent and moral thing to do.
Reply 103
Original post by joker12345
Firstly, that hasn't even happened yet. Charges haven't been dropped.
Secondly, there are options in between nothing and murder. I've said before, if he'd stopped at the torture, or had beaten the guy up, I'd probably have let him go. But murder is in no way a justfiable way to respond.
To answer your question though, yes. Premediatated murder as revenge is not a decent and moral thing to do.

You said 'there are some decent, moral people out there who 1) could never kill someone and 2) don't believe in the death penalty.'- I was referring to that general point and not this case.

I actually think there is nothing wrong with killing someone in some circumstances.
Original post by ftr
You said 'there are some decent, moral people out there who 1) could never kill someone and 2) don't believe in the death penalty.'- I was referring to that general point and not this case.

I actually think there is nothing wrong with killing someone in some circumstances.

Oh, okay :smile:
Well, I guess that's where our ideas of morality diverge. I mean, apart from self defence I don't really believe in murder, especially for revenge.
Original post by Joshale
and why should we not get revenge?

Kudos to the father, if I was judge or could rule some ****, I'd let him free, give him a handshake for it as well.

Revenge solves nothing and is little more than a symptom of immaturity and emotional weakness - but if you need a better reason, because it is illegal

The justice system exists to arbitrate disputes; this man undermined the justice system, i.e. undermined the role of the state. Why shouldn't he erase the boundaries which exist to preserve the rights of everyone else in his country? Sounds like a question that doesn't need answering.
Effectuality and ineffectuality aren't qualified by whether something was intended to be effectual.

Didn't say they were

They are qualified simply by whether something can or cannot produce an effect. Courts cannot produce the effect of convicting rapists, so saying they are ineffectual at doing so is entirely accurate..

Courts cannot convict rapists..... What are you talking about? That isn't even what you said originally.
(edited 9 years ago)
Good.

Rapists should be killed
Original post by DorianGrayism
Didn't say they were

Courts cannot convict rapists..... What are you talking about? That isn't even what you said originally.

Maybe go back and read my original post, and the post I was quoting, and think about whether you've really been making a valuable contribution to this thread or whether you were just trying to pick a pointless argument.
Maybe go back and read my original post, and the post I was quoting, and think about whether you've really been making a valuable contribution to this thread or whether you were just trying to pick a pointless argument.

"courts cannot produce the effect of convicting rapists"
"courts cannot produce the effect of convicting rapists"

Rather than just quoting me, you're going to have to give me something to respond to if you want to carry on this discussion. If you don't, GREAT, it was entirely pointless from the beginning.
Rather than just quoting me, you're going to have to give me something to respond to if you want to carry on this discussion. If you don't, GREAT, it was entirely pointless from the beginning.

Well, I did and you couldn't respond. That is why you came up with some nonsense about the original post.
Well, I did and you couldn't respond. That is why you came up with some nonsense about the original post.

Ask me a clear, articulate question and I will respond. Saying "what are you talking about" or "that doesn't make sense" gives me nothing to go on, since I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not being evasive, I literally don't know what you're trying to discuss with me because of how vague you're being.
If he was guilty, good on him. If not, that's an awful precedent we have people's lives ruined by being accused of paedophiles with no evidence to back up their retarded claims.
Ask me a clear, articulate question and I will respond. .

No. You were wrong. That doesn't require a question.

If you don't want to reply to what I wrote then I don't care what you have to say any longer
Reply 115
Regardless of what the alleged rapist did or did not do, the father is a disgusting human being- no one, no matter what they have done, deserves to be brutally tortured and killed.
The thought of this murder makes me feel physically sick.

Have you people no respect for human life? Two wrongs don't make a right. All that has happened now is that the girl has gone through an unspeakably horrible experience AND lost her father. Rape, while a horrible crime, is not deserving of death.
Assuming that the victim was indeed guilty of the rape, they're both disgusting people. But really I think the father's worse.
Reply 116
Original post by Muulka
Regardless of what the alleged rapist did or did not do, the father is a disgusting human being- no one, no matter what they have done, deserves to be brutally tortured and killed.
The thought of this murder makes me feel physically sick.

Have you people no respect for human life? Two wrongs don't make a right. All that has happened now is that the girl has gone through an unspeakably horrible experience AND lost her father. Rape, while a horrible crime, is not deserving of death.
Assuming that the victim was indeed guilty of the rape, they're both disgusting people. But really I think the father's worse.

The father is a legend. two wrongs don't make a right, but killing a rapist is not wrong.

'Have you people no respect for human life?' not for humans that bring unnecessary harm to others for their own selfish needs.

Assuming that the 'victim' is guilty of rape, the father should be congratulated.
(edited 9 years ago)
Clearly this guy hasn't watched Taken .
if it happened to you how would you feel if your son/daughter was raped?

its natural that humans want revenge..modern day ethics and laws believe that justice can be sought through more peaceful ways....it can't...people

I'm all for the father.
Reply 119
Original post by solarplexus
if it happened to you how would you feel if your son/daughter was raped?

its natural that humans want revenge..modern day ethics and laws believe that justice can be sought through more peaceful ways....it can't...people

I'm all for the father.

If I was in this situation, I would do everything in my power to ensure that the perpetrator was brought to justice. I'm not going to brutally murder the person accused. That's just sick and contrary to everything I believe in.

Of course I can only say what I hope I'd do. If I got mad enough to do this, I'd be disgusted with myself, as any sane, rational person should be with this heinous murder.

Original post by ftr
gtfo you moron.

The father is a legend. two wrongs don't make a right, but killing a rapist is not wrong.

'Have you people no respect for human life?' not for humans that bring unnecessary harm to others for their own selfish needs.

Assuming that the 'victim' is guilty of rape, the father should be congratulated.

You gtfo. Go live in some messed-up hell-hole with all the other people who think like you. Having committed any crime doesn't make you fair game to be tortured and slaughtered.

And the father is the worst possible person to be handing out this 'justice'. He hadn't carried out a full, impartial inquiry- he was seized by rage and directed that disgusting bloodlust at the easiest to blame. His actions helped no one and nothing. Shame on whoever raped the girl, shame on the father, and shame on you for glorifying torture and butchery.

I thought we lived in a time when mankind had surpassed this way of thinking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending