The Student Room Group

Southampton BM5 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neostigmine
As a general rule, no but they'll decide on a case by case basis. I think it'd have to be pretty substantial for them to accept reasons.

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what kind of reasons they would accept and what proportion of late applications would generally be considered? Sorry to ask but I really don't want to be a wasting a choice by changing
Original post by Exhale3451
Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what kind of reasons they would accept and what proportion of late applications would generally be considered? Sorry to ask but I really don't want to be a wasting a choice by changing

It's not something that happens often. Have you phoned and asked if they'd accept your reasons? That's the only way to be sure I am afraid :sadnod:.
Original post by Joshi213
Anyone had a confirmation yet? Been a couple of days since someone last asked so I thought why not haha
A guy at my school has had one but for biomed. Surely if it's automated we should get these confirmations straight away, right?

They come through slowly. Some BM6 applicants have had confirmations (they're postcards!) but no BM5 yet :smile:
It's not something that happens often. Have you phoned and asked if they'd accept your reasons? That's the only way to be sure I am afraid :sadnod:.

I have decided against it in the end (too much of a risk). I will be sticking to my original choices. Thanks for the help though
They come through slowly. Some BM6 applicants have had confirmations (they're postcards!) but no BM5 yet :smile:

Hi, I had a silver 'Thank You' for applying post card..I think it was just an aknowledgement by the Uni rather than the medical admissions team..it came a few days after I submitted my UCAS which was the 8/10. Thats it....:rolleyes:
Original post by unitopayfor
Hi, I had a silver 'Thank You' for applying post card..I think it was just an aknowledgement by the Uni rather than the medical admissions team..it came a few days after I submitted my UCAS which was the 8/10. Thats it....:rolleyes:

That's probably all you'll receive now until interview time! Unless they want more info etc :smile:

I still have my postcard from when I applied :love:
Anyone know how many people have applied to Southampton this year?? :redface:
Original post by Danni42
Anyone know how many people have applied to Southampton this year?? :redface:

Figures haven't been given out yet :nah:.
Figures haven't been given out yet :nah:.

Ok Thanks! Do you know when we would be able to find out? :smile:
Original post by Danni42
Ok Thanks! Do you know when we would be able to find out? :smile:

Not sure. I'll ask :smile:
Not sure. I'll ask :smile:

Cool Thanks!! :h:
I applied to Southampton this year with-

GCSEs - 8A*s 2As
AS - AAAA
A2 predictions - A*A*A (biology, chemistry and maths
UKCAT - 2760 SJ band 1

Good luck everyone!!!! :biggrin:
Does anyone know when Southampton start calling people for interviews? :smile:
Original post by lilyrose11712
Does anyone know when Southampton start calling people for interviews? :smile:

There is a chance it'll be before christmas (I think there were a very smal number last year if I remember right) but the majority will be from Jan - April time :yes:. You'll get 2 weeks notice usually.
Anyone know how many applicants Southampton had this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellipsis...
Anyone know how many applicants Southampton had this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've emailed to ask :yes:.
Original post by lilyrose11712
I applied to Southampton this year with-

GCSEs - 8A*s 2As
AS - AAAA
A2 predictions - A*A*A (biology, chemistry and maths
UKCAT - 2760 SJ band 1

Good luck everyone!!!! :biggrin:

We have basically the stats, and I've applied to Southampton too! :biggrin:
but just saying, our situational judgement test is no longer valid (I got Band 1 too) - UKCAT people sent out an email a few weeks ago about a discrepancy in the scoring for SJ, so they've withdrawn all our scoress. Universities won't be looking at that pat of our UKCAT this year I'm afraid :/
Are graduates UKCAT ranked alongside school leavers this year? I've just flicked through the thread for southampton 2013, and apparently there were only 15 places for graduates on the BM5 course... Not made very clear on sotons website...
Original post by Grad1202
Are graduates UKCAT ranked alongside school leavers this year? I've just flicked through the thread for southampton 2013, and apparently there were only 15 places for graduates on the BM5 course... Not made very clear on sotons website...

I'm not sure about how graduates are ranked, however I do know that there are only 15 places for graduates applying to BM5....I rang the admissions office before I applied.

It seems like such a small number :frown:
Original post by katherine_b
I'm not sure about how graduates are ranked, however I do know that there are only 15 places for graduates applying to BM5....I rang the admissions office before I applied.

It seems like such a small number :frown:

Really? Oh my goodness. And here I was thinking I stood a chance. Why don't they state that on their website?!?? Would have been better off applying for BM4!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending