The Student Room Group

Cant find the motivation?!

Hi, I'm in year 13 and I just can't find the motivation to work hard? Does anyone else feel like this?

Its not like I did badly in my AS's and lack motivation to succeed, I achieved AABB which is ok and I've been offered a place at my first choice uni. I just find it really difficult to work hard when I know the exams are a way off. I know I should be studying but I find it almost impossible to do so.

Do you have any tips on how I can get past this?

Hi, sorry to hear you've been feeling like this :frown: having a lack of motivation makes it really difficult to find reasons to get things done :frown:

But I'd say maybe if you put a picture of your chosen university up where you do homework will help you focus on what the work means and why you need and want to do it, so that it's a constant reminder of what you're working for :smile: Also I like to have a countdown on my phone of when all my exams and mocks are so I know exactly when things are happening, seeing the countdown tick down really does motivate me

Sorry if this isn't what you're after but I hope it helps :smile:
Original post by 08vihe
Hi, I'm in year 13 and I just can't find the motivation to work hard? Does anyone else feel like this?

Its not like I did badly in my AS's and lack motivation to succeed, I achieved AABB which is ok and I've been offered a place at my first choice uni. I just find it really difficult to work hard when I know the exams are a way off. I know I should be studying but I find it almost impossible to do so.

Do you have any tips on how I can get past this?

I am suffering from such a problem.Don't really know what to do!

Quick Reply

Latest