The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obiejess
Wengers a fraud :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wenger isn't a Fraud. Everyone's known what level Wenger is at for a very long time.
Original post by Yawn-er
Difference with people like LVG/Wenger is that they've proven themselves over and over again.

Yes Utd are having a horrific start to the campaign, but he's not been helped with inheriting a terrible squad and, after spending a ****-ton of money, having to somehow get a team consisting of Falcao, Rooney, RVP, Di Maria and Mata + NO defense ticking.

Rodgers had Suarez as a crutch, and to be honest, any manager could look amazing if they had a player in that form in their team. That player single-handedly won games, and was for a full-season on Messi + Ronaldo calibre.

I almost feel sorry for van gaal with that squad liverpools is far superior
Original post by AR_95
Wenger isn't a Fraud. Everyone's known what level Wenger is at for a very long time.

Think she was being sarcastic to my statement which I jokingly made.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
So why not wait till the seasons over to give Rodgers a chance to prove himself?

Rodgers had Suarez in his first season, still finished mid table. How do you explain that then?

Because he doesn't look close to knowing what to do with the squad, and runs the risk of not making top 4.

It took 'Pool 3(?) seasons to get back into the Champions League, and in that time they lost their pulling power over top-tier players. Making the CL this summer helped them recruit Lovren/Lallana/Markovic/Balotelli/Moreno.

They probably got those players on decent wages... what happens if they fail to make the CL for another 2 seasons? They can't buy top-tier replacements for Gerrard when he leaves, and resigning these players on longer contracts will probably be more difficult...

Original post by baconbutty
I almost feel sorry for van gaal with that squad liverpools is far superior

The 'Pool defense is miles better. The pool midfield is probably better too.
Original post by AR_95

All I get is Arsenal fans singing his bloody praises and telling me he's GOAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yawn-er
Because he doesn't look close to knowing what to do with the squad, and runs the risk of not making top 4.

It took 'Pool 3(?) seasons to get back into the Champions League, and in that time they lost their pulling power over top-tier players. Making the CL this summer helped them recruit Lovren/Lallana/Markovic/Balotelli/Moreno.

They probably got those players on decent wages... what happens if they fail to make the CL for another 2 seasons? They can't buy top-tier replacements for Gerrard when he leaves, and resigning these players on longer contracts will probably be more difficult...

The liverpool defense isn't miles better lol. Ludicrous statement. They perform ridiculous errors week in week out.

In what way is the midfield better? I think most people would choose a midfield 3 of utd players over liverpools options.
Original post by Yawn-er

It's still too early to write him off nonetheless, Sturridge is yet to come back and Rodgers tend to usually get better performances by the second half of the season. Lool, Liverpools defence is not miles better, didn't you watch the QPR game !?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Too early to say. We're playing a lot better than last season, but that means **** all if we aren't getting the results. If it gets to Easter and there hasn't been an upturn in results then yeh, he probably is too. With the amount of money we spent in the summer (and probably in January) anything less than the top 3 is a failure.

For now, just remember that Pellegrini wasn't any different at the start of last season. City were a laughing stock away from the Emptyhad.

i like you man but you did not just say that.

as butty correctly highlighted below, you're allowed to criticise our manager at this point in the season but it's "too early" when the tables are turned on your incompetent fool?

LVG is riding on his international reputation.
sure he may be able to manage holland pretty damn well but that doesn't mean you'll automatically be amazing when you come to the premier league.
with that team and that money it's pretty embarrassing he's below liverpool right now.

but no, too early to tell...

Right and he's just come off of liverpools best premier league campaaign and is 10 games in to the new season having lost his best player and having his second best player injured for most of the season.

But van gaal who's spent 160m without even going in to the disgusting wages utd have paid. It's too early to judge. Cheers For clarifying that

prsom.
that is all.
inb4wewin3-0

Srs tho, 3-0 tonight boys.
Original post by tomtjl
inb4wewin3-0

Srs tho, 3-0 tonight boys.

God, I wish.

I am expecting about 4-0, us obviously getting the 0.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Real Madrid 0-1 Liverpool

Yossi Benayoun
Right and he's just come off of liverpools best premier league campaaign and is 10 games in to the new season having lost his best player and having his second best player injured for most of the season.

But van gaal who's spent 160m without even going in to the disgusting wages utd have paid. It's too early to judge. Cheers For clarifying that

Brenton has spent £225m in the past 2 years. Sturridge being injured is not a valid excuse when he's thrown so much money around, it's his fault that he can't persuade any player with the slightest bit of quality to come and play for him.

I doubt many players in the Bundesliga, La Liga etc have even heard of him tbh.

Original post by Yawn-er

Your defence is utter **** just like ours is. At least we have a competent goalkeeper.
(edited 9 years ago)
Mignolet, Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Allen, Lallana, Markovic and Borini

Subs: Jones, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling and Balotelli

Skrtel captains

Edit: I can't believe I beat mr tim in posting the team sheet. :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The.Joker
Mignolet, Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Allen, Lallana, Markovic and Borini

Skrtel captains

but.....mr tim hasn't posted yet :frown:

that's kind of the starting XI i thought we'd have.
lucas/can/allen are gonna get destroyed though...
yet again we just have a single striker; this should be fun.
Original post by sr90
Brenton has spent £225m in the past 2 years. Sturridge being injured is not a valid excuse when he's thrown so much money around, it's his fault that he can't persuade any player with the slightest bit of quality to come and play for him.

I doubt many players in the Bundesliga, La Liga etc have even heard of him tbh.

Your defence is utter **** just like ours is. At least we have a competent goalkeeper.

CFC. :smile:
Is this a troll team btw?

Mignolet; Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel, Moreno; Allen, Lucas, Can; Markovic, Borini, Lallana

Against a top 3 team... at the Bernabeu, in the Champions League...
Original post by The.Joker

Skrtel captains

Edit: I can't believe I beat mr tim in posting the team sheet. :lol:

Where'd you get this from? Telegraph says : Mignolet; Manqquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Moreno; Allen, Lucas, Can; Markovic, Lambert, Lallana.*Subs*Jones, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli.

So is it Lambert or Borini?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that the team?

Biggest game he's ever managed and he's thrown the towel in. Unreal.

Well done, you've got an average manager.

Forza Napoli

Forza Benitez
Reply 5058
Where'd you get this from? Telegraph says : Mignolet; Manqquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Moreno; Allen, Lucas, Can; Markovic, Lambert, Lallana.*Subs*Jones, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lfc on twitter.

My god this team is poor and we'll end up getting demolished. Do not agree with what Rodgers has done, regardless of who we're playing now or at the weekend we should be putting out best team in the champions league.
Original post by Lúcio
but.....mr tim hasn't posted yet :frown:

that's kind of the starting XI i thought we'd have.
lucas/can/allen are gonna get destroyed though...
yet again we just have a single striker; this should be fun.

The thought of Allen and Lucas in midfield against Benzema, Kroos, Ronaldo, Rodriguez, Isco and Modric is just sickening. :puke:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got it from twitter from the official LFC account

It's Borini who's starting, Lambert isn't even on the bench
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest