The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

This starting XI is a joke, there'd be more dignity in a forfeit.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Agreed. Was hoping we'd at least attempt to keep some of our dignity tonight by keeping the goals scored against us in the single digits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Forfeit is only 3-0.
Can we do that please? :frown:
Original post by Obiejess
Agreed. Was hoping we'd at least attempt to keep some of our dignity tonight by keeping the goals scored against us in the single digits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just checked, we fielded a stronger XI against Middlesbrough.
Part of me is considering not watching the game - don't really want to watch the team I love get obliterated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What will the Liverpool players be thinking?

Especially the 'better' players that have been benched?

Lose this weekend v. Chelsea, and everything could unravel very quickly.
The only way I can see this working is ten men inside the penalty area, occasionally hoofing it out
Absolutely pathetic, I rushed home from work to see us play at the Bernabeu and he has rested everyone, that's so disappointing and frankly embarrassing from Rodgers. Bloody hell

Wonder what the fans who flew out are thinking about that

Imagine if Chelsea batter us now :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
If you guys get a draw with this team, Kudos to Rodgers :lol:
Kolo Toure to lead you to a glorious 0-0 :pierre:
Looks like tonight's game will be the longest 90 mins of my life.

Even if the team do get smashed senseless by Madrid, I just want the team to give it their all and try their best. It'll be infuriating to watch the team play like they don't care about losing the match. Tbh our second string team looked better than our first team so who knows what can happen.
Campaign on twitter to get money for a plane flying over Anfield at the weekend saying 'sack rodgers'.

A lot of disheartened fans out there and this line-up certainly won't help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my, this is going to get ugly. If Madrid score inside the first 10 minutes, then they'll take Liverpool apart at will. The sad thing is, Madrid have no El Classico at the weekend which they had last time out so i highly doubt they'd take thier foot off the pedal against Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Campaign on twitter to get money for a plane flying over Anfield at the weekend saying 'sack rodgers'.

A lot of disheartened fans out there and this line-up certainly won't help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those 'fans' are stupid.

Fair enough it's been a difficult season for us as we have massively under performed but there's no need for fans wanting Rodgers to be fired. Especially as we have had lots of new players who are being eased into the team which will naturally take time plus it hasn't helped with Sturridge being injured too.

But yeah today's team is definitely not going to improve anything especially if our first team lose and perform badly against Chelsea on Saturday.
Original post by The.Joker
Those 'fans' are stupid.

Fair enough it's been a difficult season for us as we have massively under performed but there's no need for fans wanting Rodgers to be fired. Especially as we have had lots of new players who are being eased into the team which will naturally take time plus it hasn't helped with Sturridge being injured too.

It's United/Everton fans wumming.
Reply 5075
Original post by The.Joker
Those 'fans' are stupid.

But yeah today's team is definitely not going to improve anything especially if our first team lose and perform badly against Chelsea on Saturday.

I fear with the way we're playing it's more of a when than if. I haven't felt this negative towards our games for a long time. It's understandable that Rodgers is losing the support of many fans, but flying a plane calling for his sacking is over the top. He's made too many poor decisions already this season and I fear tonight's could be the biggest of all
Which XI out of the possible team would beat Real? None! We struggled against Newcastle.

No XI on current form from us can actually "try" to beat Real. If we can't even score v Newcastle, Hull, even the reverse fixture v Real. Even v Villa etc no chance of beating Real.

We can't go for it because we don't have the players to on their current form.
Lol I expect 4 goals for Madrid , minimum.
Original post by sr90
It's United/Everton fans wumming.

Ahh right, that makes sense then.

Original post by Stirlo
I fear with the way we're playing it's more of a when than if. I haven't felt this negative towards our games for a long time. It's understandable that Rodgers is losing the support of many fans, but flying a plane calling for his sacking is over the top. He's made too many poor decisions already this season and I fear tonight's could be the biggest of all

I'm still being optimistic that we will buy well in the Jan transfer window and that the team will finally click together and do well in the second half of the season. Rodgers has been appointed for the long term and I don't see why the board will fire him (unless we finish 8th/7th) even if we don't get 4th place this season I reckon he'll still be here. I still think it's only a rough patch we are going through and that soon enough we will find some form.

I agree that he shouldn't have given up so quickly before the match has begun. You would have thought the first XI would be itching to play in the CL against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu tonight and vs Chelsea on Saturday.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Lol I expect 4 goals for Madrid , minimum.

never want to see us lose but i'd take a 4-0 loss right now with that current team and walk away.
can't remember the last time i saw liverpool thrashed; i couldn't fully empathise how it felt for arsenal fans last season but i'm sure over the next few hours we'll experience it.

where is the creation in this team?
this midfield trio is embarrassing.

Quick Reply

Latest