The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2015 applicants - 5th Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samthemiller
yes, definitely!!!

It's not your fault at all. Although I might suggest calling them at a more reasonable time?

Ok, I will call them tomorrow in the morning from school so that the headmaster can talk to them also, maybe he can make a more convincing case than me.

Thank you for your support!
Original post by PolarBearSlayer
Very good score for that paper - did you find 2013 harder than other papers comparatively, especially with regards to timing? I certainly did. Took me much longer to do the first 25 than normal.

Good luck!

It was harder, and I think I may have been a bit lucky on a couple. It certainly took me a bit longer- after checking the questions I 'starred' (Ones I wan't sure on) I only had 8 mins left, but normally have 20. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue into this year, I'll be panicky enough as it is without running out of time :P

Good luck to you too!
Original post by nich01as
It was harder, and I think I may have been a bit lucky on a couple. It certainly took me a bit longer- after checking the questions I 'starred' (Ones I wan't sure on) I only had 8 mins left, but normally have 20. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue into this year, I'll be panicky enough as it is without running out of time :P

Good luck to you too!

more fun?
In the event of absolutely just flunking the TSA tomorrow if you good predicted and quite a good standard personal statement what do you think chances of getting called to interview are ?

I have Irish Leaving Certificate predicted:
Irish A1
English A2
Maths A1
Applied Maths A1
Biology A1
Chemistry A1
French B1
History A1

all higher level. The more TSA questions I do the more worried I get !
Me right now:
Good luck tomorrow people, I hope you all ace it. :smile:
Reply 626
Original post by stacyersh
Ok, I will call them tomorrow in the morning from school so that the headmaster can talk to them also, maybe he can make a more convincing case than me.

I wish you the best of luck- I really, really hope getting to do the test works out for you.
Hello all. Firstly I wish the best of luck to everyone tomorrow!!

I was hoping someone could read my essay and give some last minute feedback on what they thought of it? I'm happy to do the same in return :smile:
The question is 'should the supply and use of all drugs be legalised?'
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415134588.124056.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1415134600.443317.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice essay. Good examples using the events proceeding the treaty of Versailles, however, these events seem to be used as evidence from which to make sweeping generalisations about the effects of forgiveness rather than simply exemplify them. For such a broad and subjective issue, examples should be used as examples rather than evidence.
Reply 629
Original post by oluwabob
Nice essay. Good examples using the events proceeding the treaty of Versailles, however, these events seem to be used as evidence from which to make sweeping generalisations about the effects of forgiveness rather than simply exemplify them. For such a broad and subjective issue, examples should be used as examples rather than evidence.

Thank you for the feedback.
Original post by melissapayne
I am applying for psychology any idea of what a good score for interview would be? good luck tomorrow everyone :smile:

Anything 60+ will put you in a good position, although people have been interviewed with less than that :smile:
Good luck everyone!
Reply 632
Good Luck Everyone !
Reply 633
Oh crap, saved the 2013 paper for today and got 31/50. Good enough?
Original post by KHJ1
Oh crap, saved the 2013 paper for today and got 31/50. Good enough?

Supposedly 61 was the cutoff last year so yep :smile:

And if you do a less competitive subject like geography : you got it mate :biggrin:
Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow - try to keep calm and remember to keep your eye on the clock! :smile:
Hi guys, I'm a reapplicant and I took the TSA last year. Don't panic, it all works out okay!

Secondly, for those asking about the cutoff, I applied to Catz and in their feedback they mentioned that those gaining a score of over 64 were almost always taken to interview, with those scoring between 61-64 "may have been taken to interview". I didn't revise much last year and got 63.1 or something and was taken to interview, and you're all smarter than me so don't panic!
Guyyyysss can someone help me with question 43 2013? Has it been answered before? Are you all asleep? It's 7 am here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stacyersh
I go to an English school in Italy. Having read your replies, I called them and turns out they forgot to register me... The email address l I gave on my UCAS was on the school's server which has crashed several times during the last few weeks so I guess the email may have been lost. I don't know what to do now, going to Oxford was my dream... Anyway thanks for your help and advice!

Call Oxford admissions at Oxford-UK and explain your case...maybe they'll come up with a solution or suggest some way...don't loose hope..give it a try!
Original post by sellerofdreams
Guyyyysss can someone help me with question 43 2013? Has it been answered before? Are you all asleep? It's 7 am here

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the answer that anonwinner posted when Q.43 was asked previously in this thread. It is correct.

The train leaves Teovil at 10:20 and should take 51 minutes to arrive at Erd, so it should arrive at 11:11. From the chart, you can see Teovil to Uble is 12km. The trains average a speed of 60km/h when they're not running late. Time = distance/speed so do 12/60 which is 0.2 then do 0.2x60 to convert it into minutes which is 12 minutes. Also, the train will have stopped at Gidion for 3 minutes, 12+3=15 minutes so far.

The train remains in Uble for 22 minutes. So we have 15+22=37 minutes so far. It is 24km from Uble to Erd. Because they are running late they will travel at 80km/h. 24/80=0.3, 0.3x60= 18minutes. So we now have 37+18=55 minutes.

The train will have stopped 3 times from Uble to Erd, at Ergen, Lowley, and Aregon. As they are running late, the train will only stop for 2 minutes rather than 3. So it will have stopped for 6 minutes. 55+6=61 minutes.

Now we can take the start time, 10:20, and add 61 minutes to it. This takes it to 11:21. They were supposed to arrive at 11:11, so they were 10 minutes late.

The answer is C, 10 mins.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending