The Student Room Group

G484 and g485 physics 2015

Hey guys i made this thread for people who are doing OCR A Physics for A level im doing the 2015 g484 g485 (A2 Papers) and i need some advice last year i struggled with unit 1 and 2 i never understood mechanics it was like trying to understand morse code for me.. i just simply couldnt apply it until one rainy day in the middle of april and it just clicked in my head while i read every page slowly bit by bit vectors projectiles moments work done i finally understood it all.. i ended up getting 65 UMS (B) so i was okay with it not too happy.. really thought i could of got an A but oh well..

Now as for unit 2 omg it was probably the hardest exam in my life i got a D in it.. but i wasnt suprised i walked into that exam with no understanding of the unit whatsoever. my teacher was as slow as hell we finished unit 2 only 2 weeks before my exam and started it in feb. i should take most of the blame though because unlike this year.. back then when i would find something hard to understand i would just leave it and move on but never come back to it. i didnt understand electricity or waves(especially harmonics erghh) i understood the last bit the chemical side of it with electrons and all cus i do chemistry aswell.

so im going to resit the unit 2 paper this year and i want to ask the people who have done this how to get atleast more than 130 UMS or more ..how did u prepare what did u go over most? what topic did u find hardest and what topic did u spend most of your time on??? sorry for all the writing but i really need advice i got a C overall last year and i need an A overall for uni
Waves was hardest for me.

Electricity got easier as we went along.

The G482 paper we hard was horrible, but challenging. And it lowered the grade boundaries so that was good.

Revision wise... Just slam out the papers. Learn from mistakes. Maybe watch YouTube videos if you need?

I got a good score in it
Reply 2
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Waves was hardest for me.

Electricity got easier as we went along.

The G482 paper we hard was horrible, but challenging. And it lowered the grade boundaries so that was good.

Revision wise... Just slam out the papers. Learn from mistakes. Maybe watch YouTube videos if you need?

I got a good score in it

what did u get in it? suprisingly i find A2 physics much more easier than AS idk why but we've already finished first 2 modules of newtonian world
Original post by luckytalent
what did u get in it? suprisingly i find A2 physics much more easier than AS idk why but we've already finished first 2 modules of newtonian world

G482? Got 150

G484 is probably easier than G482
Reply 4
hey i finished the revision for electricity and im surprised with how easy the exam questions are. i do seem to be
struggling with waves though. what can i do or what did u do to get 150 ums in g482?
also how did u deal with g484 and g484 i find g484 straight forward but g485 is awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
G482? Got 150

G484 is probably easier than G482

In on subtle brag :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest