The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by Obiejess
Update: Found out today I got an A* :smile:

Congrats!!! I'm so glad I didn't take history but my friends all seem to find their CAss really hard :s-smilie:
Original post by turn-to-page394
Well done. :biggrin:

Thanks. I'm quite proud considering we went straight into doing the coursework after two years of not doing any history whatsoever.
Original post by Echo98
Congrats!!! I'm so glad I didn't take history but my friends all seem to find their CAss really hard :s-smilie:

Thanks!

It was really hard and took a lot of effort, but I managed to get my A* nonetheless :smile:
Thanks!

It was really hard and took a lot of effort, but I managed to get my A* nonetheless :smile:

:smile: That's good. Glad you got the mark you aimed for!

Hope I do ok in mine too.... In the spring term though so let's not think about it.... :frown:
Original post by Peachy23
Has anyone done the History Controlled Assessment yet? If yes, how did you do? Got mine today and really worried :/

Hey, I'm on WJEC so I do two pieces of source analysis, first part I have done and got my mark back and have just finished second part:

- the blitz; sources which agree/disagree with the view that the evacuation was good/bad (/16)
- dunkirk; sources that agree/disagree with the view that the evacuation of Dunkirk was a triumph (/24 I think)

I enjoyed the coursework, and its 25% of my final grade, what's yours about? :smile:
Update: Found out today I got an A* :smile:

Wow, well done! What exam board are you?

Original post by Gilo98
Hey, I'm on WJEC so I do two pieces of source analysis, first part I have done and got my mark back and have just finished second part:

- the blitz; sources which agree/disagree with the view that the evacuation was good/bad (/16)
- dunkirk; sources that agree/disagree with the view that the evacuation of Dunkirk was a triumph (/24 I think)

I enjoyed the coursework, and its 25% of my final grade, what's yours about? :smile:

I'm on AQA and we have to analyse four sources about recruitment for the first question and analyse sources about women in the war for the second question. Had my first lesson today and I'm really stressing out because I don't if it's good enough to get an A*! Really want to do well :wink: what mark did you get, if you don't mind?
Original post by peachy23
wow, well done! What exam board are you?

I'm on aqa and we have to analyse four sources about recruitment for the first question and analyse sources about women in the war for the second question. Had my first lesson today and i'm really stressing out because i don't if it's good enough to get an a*! Really want to do well :wink: what mark did you get, if you don't mind?

ocr shp (a)
Hello everyone! :smile:

Year 11 checking in.
Original post by Peachy23
I'm on AQA and we have to analyse four sources about recruitment for the first question and analyse sources about women in the war for the second question. Had my first lesson today and I'm really stressing out because I don't if it's good enough to get an A*! Really want to do well :wink: what mark did you get, if you don't mind?

To be honest, I really like the WJEC course and I think, looking at other boards, its fairly straightforward :biggrin: We had a really good teacher (she is like 90 and has been teaching history GCSE for like 70 Years :mmm:) so she was really good at guiding us through it! I got the full 16/16 in the first bit and will be getting the second bit next week I think :smile:
Original post by Hariex

Year 11 checking in.

:hello: Hello!! How are you?
Original post by Gilo98
:hello: Hello!! How are you?

Yeah, doing well thanks. And yourself?
Original post by Hariex
Yeah, doing well thanks. And yourself?

Not bad, been doing a bit of revision for my final Maths exam tomorrow :biggrin: Its a monster 2hr30m paper :eek:
Original post by Gilo98
Not bad, been doing a bit of revision for my final Maths exam tomorrow :biggrin: Its a monster 2hr30m paper :eek:

GCSE?

Sounds taxing if you ask me. :redface:
Original post by Hariex
GCSE?

Sounds taxing if you ask me. :redface:

Yep, well...IGCSE but same thing really

Aha, its not as bad as it sounds :biggrin:
Original post by Gilo98
Yep, well...IGCSE but same thing really

Aha, its not as bad as it sounds :biggrin:

Eh, Maths exams are great when you can do them. I'm doing the FSMQ this year which is going reasonably well so far. :smile:

Are you thinking of doing Maths next year?
Original post by Hariex

Year 11 checking in.

Greetings. :biggrin:
Original post by Gilo98
To be honest, I really like the WJEC course and I think, looking at other boards, its fairly straightforward :biggrin: We had a really good teacher (she is like 90 and has been teaching history GCSE for like 70 Years :mmm:) so she was really good at guiding us through it! I got the full 16/16 in the first bit and will be getting the second bit next week I think :smile:

Wow that's awesome! I have a fairly old teacher haha and he was quite helpful if I'm honest :smile: Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!
Original post by turn-to-page394
Greetings. :biggrin:

Hello! How are you doing?
Original post by Hariex
Eh, Maths exams are great when you can do them. I'm doing the FSMQ this year which is going reasonably well so far. :smile:

Are you thinking of doing Maths next year?

Yep, sometimes the can be quite fun. The FSMQ looks quite nice :smile:

Actually, last year I did AS Maths, doing A2 this year :biggrin:
Original post by Gilo98
Yep, sometimes the can be quite fun. The FSMQ looks quite nice :smile:

Actually, last year I did AS Maths, doing A2 this year :biggrin:

Aw nice! Is that in school or self-taught?

AS Maths (OCR MEI) doesn't look too bad - C1 is just A* GCSE and S1 is basic statistics. How difficult would you say C2 is?

Latest