The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Bear2014
Just checked my e tray and it says successful (assuming this means I passed) and next to FSAC it says 'Awaiting Invitiation'. I'm applying for HR stream, anyone else in the same boat?

Well done! I found out today that I also passed my e tray. I am doing HR too. I have been given the date for my orientation session but not the assessment centre itself.
Original post by BeccaXDXD
Well done! I found out today that I also passed my e tray. I am doing HR too. I have been given the date for my orientation session but not the assessment centre itself.

I am doing HR too, congratulations on your e-tray results and will probably see you on the 1st and everyone else who is doing the orientation session. I'm looking forward too it now everything has started to move along.
For those who had analytical ACs, did you get an email when you passed?
Just completed my e-tray for GCS, now the wait for the result. It was quite fun, actually.
Original post by jo131278
I am doing HR too, congratulations on your e-tray results and will probably see you on the 1st and everyone else who is doing the orientation session. I'm looking forward too it now everything has started to move along.

Thank you! Congratulations too XD I have been told my orientation session is the 19th of December. I'm excited but very nervous! Does anyone know when the actual assessment centre will be? Is it likely to be in January?
Reply 925
Original post by stuartdavidparker
Same here - I currently live on my own in Manchester and have accumulated a lot of stuff that would have to go into storage and my standard of living would drop - but maybe 2 steps back to take 3 forwards...

I am in Manchester, too. :smile: But in terms of the 3 steps forward: Do you know or have you heard how the long-term prospects of the FS are? I don´t know about the UK but in my home country (Germany) it takes a lot of time to progress (financially) in the Civil Service. Usually, I wouldn´t mind that because in CS you have decent working hours but in a city like London... It´s probably to early to worry about that, let´s see how the AC goes. I just don´t want to rush into things.
Just completed the verbal reasoning test, not sure if the topics are the same. The problem I had was that there were quite a few based on my degree so I was struggling to not go with my own knowledge and actually just base my answer on what the text had given me.

Time for a breather playing table tennis and then back to the other two later!
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm in the same position - from earlier posts it looks as though some people applying to the GFS have already been invited to the assessment centre. I think it is likely we will have to wait until the final marks are set now.
Original post by Slowbro93

Last year I didn't but I probably read the message on the fast stream page before they had a chance to send me an email! Think they send emails out at certain times of the day so you'll probably find out quicker if you refresh your message page on the website every now and again rather than waiting for the email to come through!
Has anybody that applied to an analytical stream been given their FSAC date? I've got mine at the end of November so haven't got too long to wait :redface:
Hi guys.

I've been watching this thread for a while now and last years too. Never posted as didn't make it past initial tests last year and didn't expect to get much further this year, however logged in this morning to see that I have passed e-tray for HR!!

Haven't had any e-mails or confirmation of dates for FSAC yet.

I've noticed some people said they have dates for orientation, what is this as I have not received anything about that either?

Good luck for rest of you waiting on your results.
Reply 931
Original post by LucyJane
Has anybody that applied to an analytical stream been given their FSAC date? I've got mine at the end of November so haven't got too long to wait :redface:

Wow that's early! Congrats and I hope it goes well this time :smile: i should probably get around doing my etray at some point...
Original post by lilys
Wow that's early! Congrats and I hope it goes well this time :smile: i should probably get around doing my etray at some point...

I know, thought the earliest was December :s-smilie: Thanks :smile: You have 2 weeks (or slightly less now) so still loads of time! It's really easy to put doing the e-tray off especially when you have 2 weeks and need to find 2 and a bit hours to do it when you won't be disturbed :smile: Good luck when you get round to completing it and hopefully you'll sail straight through to the FSAC :smile:
Original post by Livvvyxo
Hi guys.

I've been watching this thread for a while now and last years too. Never posted as didn't make it past initial tests last year and didn't expect to get much further this year, however logged in this morning to see that I have passed e-tray for HR!!

Haven't had any e-mails or confirmation of dates for FSAC yet.

I've noticed some people said they have dates for orientation, what is this as I have not received anything about that either?

Good luck for rest of you waiting on your results.

Well done for getting through! Orientation sessions are for people who have declared a disability. For me it's because I am dyslexic. Hope that helps!
Passed e-tray for GCS :biggrin:
Original post by Magnum Opus
Passed e-tray for GCS :biggrin:

That was a quick turnaround, congrats :biggrin:
Original post by BeccaXDXD
Well done for getting through! Orientation sessions are for people who have declared a disability. For me it's because I am dyslexic. Hope that helps!

Thanks Becca, hope it goes well!

Hopefully we will start to find out dates for FSAC soon.
Wondering if one can read an anonymous report... to understand how you are assessed.
for me its my fisrt time and just got results from e-tray successful
Original post by Slowbro93

No email. I onloy knew because I checked the FS website
Original post by frankers1088
No email. I onloy knew because I checked the FS website

Gonna have to restrain myself from checking every minute :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending