The Student Room Group

Types of boys/men to wear leather jackets

Types? Attractiveness :colone:. stereotypes.

GO
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ah wrong aim then...
Reply 2
help
Reply 3
Reply 4
Gay ones.
Reply 5
I don't think there is a type, same with any other extremely common outer garment...
Reply 6
Original post by Arkasia
I don't think there is a type, same with any other extremely common outer garment...

in my experience, they seem to be rather uncommon. i rarely ever see them. in fact, i cant even recall the last time i saw someone wearing a leather jacket.
Reply 7
Original post by Stinkum
in my experience, they seem to be rather uncommon. i rarely ever see them. in fact, i cant even recall the last time i saw someone wearing a leather jacket.

Depends what type. I usually wear a black hooded leather jacket over my suit, because it was cheap (primark), and is comfy and warm. I see a few people wearing them as well. If you are talking about biker jackets or coloured leather jackets, then perhaps they are uncommon.
Reply 8
Original post by Arkasia
Depends what type. I usually wear a black hooded leather jacket over my suit, because it was cheap (primark), and is comfy and warm. I see a few people wearing them as well. If you are talking about biker jackets or coloured leather jackets, then perhaps they are uncommon.

ahhh...but is it really a leather jacket? :smile: or is it that synthetic material that looks a bit like leather. maybe part of the reason why they're so uncommon is because of their price, they cost well over a hundred quid from what i've seen, well over.
Reply 9
Original post by Stinkum
ahhh...but is it really a leather jacket? :smile: or is it that synthetic material that looks a bit like leather. maybe part of the reason why they're so uncommon is because of their price, they cost well over a hundred quid from what i've seen, well over.

Fair point, considering it is Primark, almost definitely faux-leather. But still, looks close enough :tongue:

Real leather jackets then yeah, I would agree with you, virtually no-one wears them.
Depends on the jacket, if youre talking about a casual one without too many pockets etc then normally just fellas out on the pull etc.

The ridiculous Happy Days ones from the 50s then middle aged men who like top gear, gay men and skinheads
Reply 11
Resurrection
People who have taste and an understanding of timeless men's style. Leather jackets are badass, end of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Me, when I come into some disposable income..
Can't believe no one has said metal heads yet lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All types of men wear leather jackets.
Reply 16
Actually I was going to say guys like metalheads, but that includes anyone who dresses to their interest in rock music or similar genres. Me and my boyfriend have matching punk-style vintage leather jackets (1970s hand me downs included) but loads of classically stylish guys wear leather or faux leather jackets. The price point is an issue.
Reply 17
All wrong.
Men who wear black leather jackets have gone through a traumatic experience of things like fights, rejection, bullying, etc.

The men have now become badass due to pain being used as a character builder. To show they have lived.

Brown leather jackets doe= gay

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Tbh around our age (under 30), most people I see wearing leather jackets are the type of people who try too hard and are a bit weird.

You don't really see many people pull off the look.
Reply 19
Attachment not found

I've worn a jacket just like this one for years now. It's a vintage black leather jacket; I more often than not wear black fingerless leather gloves along with it, a crew cut, and a pair of highly polished black leather military boots like these

Attachment not found

Yes, I' a 'metal-head', and I did not enjoy my childhood overmuch :wink:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending