The Student Room Group

15 year old Army Cadet set on fire for selling poppies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yawn!
That's the thing. POC are intelligent enough not to judge an entire race on the actions of a minority. If a white does something wrong, not all whites will get judged for it.

On the other hand........

POC? A White? Stop making everything "us vs them", your constant divisive comments don't help anything, and just causes more arguments.
Reply 41
Original post by Arkasia
POC? A White? Stop making everything "us vs them", your constant divisive comments don't help anything, and just causes more arguments.

LOL! Sure, okay, WE'RE the ones who are always wrong and causing divisions. YOU'RE the ones who are always right and never cause divisions.

Whatever makes you happy, pal. I'm not getting dragged into another one of these farces.
Reply 42
Guys. Calm down. At the end of the day a kid got set on fire by a guy that happened to be from another race. No more, no less. Stop blowing it out of proportion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yawn!
LOL! Sure, okay, WE'RE the ones who are always wrong and causing divisions. YOU'RE the ones who are always right and never cause divisions.

Whatever makes you happy, pal. I'm not getting dragged into another one of these farces.

Again, you are saying "we're" and "you're", not "me" and "you". Clearly talking to you is futile.
Original post by Andy98
Guys. Calm down. At the end of the day a kid got set on fire by a guy that happened to be from another race. No more, no less. Stop blowing it out of proportion

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's my point.
Original post by Profesh
Describing the perpetrator as "Asian or black" (whatever the **** that means) is itself tantamount to a hate-crime.

I really don't get people like you... The word "Asian" is acceptable as the persons country of origin is from the continent Asia. How is that a hate crime?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Arkasia
That's my point.

I know, it's just I thought I'd put it bluntly to everyone rather than quote the relevant people

Posted from TSR Mobile
The words 'multiculturalism' and 'integrate' are thrown around a lot. Let's be honest, there's a lot of extremism from all corners. Everyone is scared of being called a 'racist' but these fanatics who support Sharia law should be removed from the country and putting them in prison would be a waste of jail space. Anyone seen Stacey Dooley's documentary on bbc3 by any chance??
Seriously why? Who the **** thinks this right? It makes me want to burst into tears and just plain scared to be out half the time.
When you say "black or Asian, 5ft 8in tall and wearing a dark hooded top" you're giving a useful description out there for anyone who might have some information. I don't see what's wrong with that. Someone might have seen the suspect a few blocks down the street for example.

The whole story points to radical extremism more than racist crime.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Multiculturalism, enriching all our lives :h:

Spoiler

Sorry Foo but I think you'll find they would blame the child for being 'provocative' by selling the poppies in the first place

actually they simply wouldn't let their child sell them as it would be seen as supporting the 'horrors of the Empire'
Original post by Foo.mp3
People like you should be barred from reproducing :s-smilie:

P.S. Conflict/imperial oppression is horrible, but one cannot typically justify further acts of violence, particularly not against children!

Sorry Foo you may have misunderstood my reply

I was of course refering to 'ivory tower/faux liberals' and how they would react
Original post by Foo.mp3
You don't seriously believe this? :erm:

Yes and I know a couple who believe just that 'The selling of poppy in certians areas should not be allowed as it is seen as 'provocative'.

Just like they claim a gay couple holding hands would offend certian sections of society so should not be allowed in 'Certain' areas as again this would be seen as provocative
Original post by Radicalathiest
Yes and I know a couple who believe just that 'The selling of poppy in certians areas should not be allowed as it is seen as 'provocative'.

Just like they claim a gay couple holding hands would offend certian sections of society so should not be allowed in 'Certain' areas as again this would be seen as provocative

You must be off your rockers! Go go Saudi Arabia and see if they'll bend over backwards for you.

This is the UK! Our country, our culture! You can expect it anywhere else. If we do for some reason (I wouldn't), go to their country then for example, females will wear the burka. Why?? Because we understand that we are visiting another country and must respect their values. I'm sorry but if you don't agree with what we do in this country then pack your bags and **** off! Simple!

We're so sorry for foreigners free education, free NHS, free ****ing accommodation, free money all at the same time as giving them the right to complain about it, bollox!

If they feel offended at our values then go live back in their countries where if they say a word out of line, you get the picture. Never mind that if we go to their country you'll be lucky not be killed for absolutely nothing.

If your serious in what your saying then out of your mind, sorry.
Original post by SocialSmocial94
You must be off your rockers! Go go Saudi Arabia and see if they'll bend over backwards for you.

This is the UK! Our country, our culture! You can expect it anywhere else. If we do for some reason (I wouldn't), go to their country then for example, females will wear the burka. Why?? Because we understand that we are visiting another country and must respect their values. I'm sorry but if you don't agree with what we do in this country then pack your bags and **** off! Simple!

We're so sorry for foreigners free education, free NHS, free ****ing accommodation, free money all at the same time as giving them the right to complain about it, bollox!

If they feel offended at our values then go live back in their countries where if they say a word out of line, you get the picture. Never mind that if we go to their country you'll be lucky not be killed for absolutely nothing.

If your serious in what your saying then out of your mind, sorry.

Jesus I have not once said I agree with their stance in fact I support your stance in this i was simply telling people how some will make excuses for anything in the name of 'multiculturalism' and yes that does also include ****ting on the memory of the fallen

I will, as I have always done, be wearing my poppy with pride
Jesus I have not once said I agree with their stance in fact I support your stance in this i was simply telling people how some will make excuses for anything in the name of 'multiculturalism' and yes that does also include ****ting on the memory of the fallen

Oh okay I'm really sorry I thought you basically that meant the kid was asking for it.

Some do say that wearing the poppy, wearing the union jack or basically anything to do with supporting the values and tradition of our country is offensive and that really cheeses me off. Sorry! :smile:
Original post by SocialSmocial94
Oh okay I'm really sorry I thought you basically that meant the kid was asking for it.

Some do say that wearing the poppy, wearing the union jack or basically anything to do with supporting the values and tradition of our country is offensive and that really cheeses me off. Sorry! :smile:

NP and like you I do despair at the attitude some on the left have towards how far we should tolerate (or in other words 'bend over') for certain communities not matter how abhorrent their views and hatred of their chosen host
NP and like you I do despair at the attitude some on the left have towards how far we should tolerate (or in other words 'bend over') for certain communities not matter how abhorrent their views and hatred of their chosen host

I agree.
Reply 58
Original post by Foo.mp3
I see. Quite whether they'd feel that way if their son came home with his face set on fire is of course another matter, mind!

Really!? :s-smilie:

There was a story of a group of Muslims shouting verbal abuse in London at a gay couple not too long ago. A year old or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL, did that liberal comment snowball.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending