The Student Room Group

Do you agree with Iran when they hang gay people

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CJKay
Hell no. I might be an *******, but I'm no medieval desert caveman.

History fail.
@Op, hmm, let be think about that question. How about no.
Original post by Democracy
I realise you're a massive troll, but on the off chance you're not, the least you can do is pick up a history book or something. Or just carry on trollin, trollin, trollin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ironically, you blame the regime for hanging gays when a lot of the Iranian population actually supports it.
Reply 43
Original post by Guy Secretan
I'm not gay .

Somehow I doubt it. Anyway we can't dictate to other countries how they live and vice versa . end of
Original post by SuperiorGenius
Ironically, you blame the regime for hanging gays when a lot of the Iranian population actually supports it.

What do you mean by "a lot"? 10000 people? 10% of the population?

Any sources to back that up?

So you decided to go for a sense of irony when picking your username huh?

Where's your evidence? The country is a dictatorship and the ruling regime is has not been chosen freely or democratically; there is no evidence to suggest that its laws are indicative of the popular will.

Setting aside the fact that such barbarism is a complete anathema to Iranian culture and history - this isn't some ****ing Taliban village we're talking about.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
What do you mean by "a lot"? 10000 people? 10% of the population?

Any sources to back that up?

I'm Iranian myself and the majority family definitely support it. However, I wouldn't actually have a conversation with them because I'm an ex-Muslim and if they find out I'll get hanged so I try to avoid them. However, the Iranians that live in England definitely don't support it.
Original post by Democracy
So you decided to go for a sense of irony when picking your username huh?

Where's your evidence? The country is a dictatorship and the ruling regime is has not been chosen freely or democratically; there is no evidence to suggest that its laws are indicative of the popular will.

Setting aside the fact that such barbarism is a complete anathema to Iranian culture and history - this isn't some ****ing Taliban village we're talking about.

You're so patriotic that you're deluded. But there is also no evidence to suggest that its laws are NOT indicative of the popular will.
Original post by Celise Waan
I don't know how I feel about this tbh. I don't feel strongly enough about the topic to make a comment either way. I'll sit on the fence.

You don't have an opinion about people being killed for no good reason?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
But it's their culture! All cultures are equal and it would be racist to criticise it.

Racism:
"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

I fail to see how not agreeing with another cultures stance on a particular issue is in any way racist.

*Apparently it was sarcasm...that is good :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
As a decent person, of courses answer is no. I don't think anymore needs to be said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blazar
You're going to "sit on the fence" regarding the murder of innocent people? Thank you, O wise one, for being such a dazzling beacon of rationality.

This is literally murder we're talking about. I don't think it should be a "tough one" for you.

Troll account, not even gonna.

Slavery and genocide was white culture until very recently in historical terms. Should we revert back to those values, if all cultures are equal?

You're aware I was joking? It's just such an obvious question, how could you say anything other than no?
I'm Iranian myself and the majority family definitely support it. However, I wouldn't actually have a conversation with them because I'm an ex-Muslim and if they find out I'll get hanged so I try to avoid them.

So how do you know they support the death penalty for 'acting' homosexuals if you don't even talk to them?

And one family does not represent the majority of the population...
Original post by JamesManc
I'd imagine some Iranians are intelligent though

A LOT of Iranians are completely the opposite of their gov't ie: quite liberal. What Iran does doesn't reflect the opinions of the Iranian people, much like what we do in the West, doesn't always reflect the opinion of the people (More so the USA than us)

However, speaking out in Iran is a huge no no. Here, we can speak out, and nothing would happen to us
Original post by Law-Hopeful
So how do you know they support the death penalty for 'acting' homosexuals if you don't even talk to them?

And one family does not represent the majority of the population...

I hear them have conversations about it. And also, I agree with you - they don't represent the majority of the population. But there is definitely more people in Iran who support it than western countries.
Reply 54
Original post by KingStannis
History fail.

How so? That is pretty much a word-for-word description of Osama bin Laden's cronies. Do you think when people say they are not beasts they mean it literally?
No.
Absolutely not! I am totally against it.
Reply 57
Original post by EllieC130
You're aware I was joking? It's just such an obvious question, how could you say anything other than no?

I hate to break it to you, but there are millions of people out there saying something other than "no". I guess it was the smiley that threw me there. I realise you're joking, but it's a little hard to laugh at my own potential murder.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 58
If anything it just demonstrates the fear the religious leaders have for homosexuality.

What faith do they have in their religion, when it can be undone by an act of homosexuality?
Original post by Blazar
I hate to break it to you, but there are millions of people out there saying something other than "no". I guess it was the smiley that threw me there. I realise you're joking, but it's a little hard to laugh at my own potential murder.

Yes but from people on a site based in a Western country, it's likely the general consensus will be no. Also, as long as you avoid backwards countries like Iran, your murder is hardly potential.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending