The Student Room Group

Re-evaluation of entitlement

Right two things - basically my entitlement letter and payments were scheduled before SFE had processed my step fathers financial information (giving me around half of what I knew I was genuinely entitled to). The financial information has now all been received (for a month or two).

Can I request a new entitlement letter?

Now the second thing. (which is basically a bit of a complaint main request is above)

SFE support is absolutely abysmal. Most of my problems have been due to people telling me incorrect information and being ill informed. Now I was told on the phone that my entitlement would be re-evaluated once all the information has been received and that rescheduling of new payments could occur after the initial schedule. I was assured that I would receive the amount I'm actually entitled to. I'm starting to think this isn't the case and am very worried.

Also as another complaint - why in gods name do you charge for phone calls!? and have no other way of contacting for help and support - save for this forum which I found alot later than would have been helpful. I have no credit so I can't ring up. At least an email address would be useful.

Okay sorry about the complaint - but I've been patiently waiting for over a month now and assumed everything would be okay - and just checked my account to find that nothings changed.

Thanks if anyone can be of any help
Hello Tikara,

From the date that we receive the financial information this should be processed within around 4 weeks.

I am sorry if this timescale has passed & you haven't had a new entitlement letter.

It would be best for you to call us on 0300 100 0607, this number is charged at a local rate & you can use your mobile allowance.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hello Tikara,

From the date that we receive the financial information this should be processed within around 4 weeks.

I am sorry if this timescale has passed & you haven't had a new entitlement letter.

It would be best for you to call us on 0300 100 0607, this number is charged at a local rate & you can use your mobile allowance.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Mark, but like I said I can't afford the rates the studentfinance line charge. I'm dangerously low on money right now and I don't have the credit to ring up.

If its supposed to be around 4 weeks then somethings gone wrong - as its been 2 months and a half. I remember as I got a new notification of entitlement letter but it was exactly the same as my last one.

Right I'm going to have to try and borrow a friends phone to ring up.

I recieved one entitlement letter on the 16th of september and another on the 19th. I think all the financial information had been processed around the 17th.
However both the latest entitlement letters are the same and have no "loan based on household income" sub heading.

I'm praying this isn't the case but say my household income is over the threshold to not warrant any support (on the 'loan based on household income' part) would the notification of entitlement letter show:
loan based on household income: £0

or just omit it completely?

Thanks if you can help - if its possible could SFE ring me?? I'm gonna send you a message with my phone number just incase they can
Reply 3
also, would this be easier to go to the office in darlington to sort out? I think I could get a lift there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending